All reviewsfront deskroom was cleanfire alarmnice hotelhot breakfastking suiteour night stayparking lotindoor pooleggs and sausagenearby restaurantsbreakfast attendantsoftball tournamentstaff was very friendly and helpfuleasy accesshot tubbreakfast area
Reviewed 8 July 2008

Except for the noise outside at the front door where smokers
gather it was ok. Dont get a room in the front by the entrance

• Stayed: June 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 23 April 2007

My wife and I wanted a small, one night getaway for our anniversary, so I looked around this area for an inexpensive motel for Saturday April 21st. Being familiar with Country Inn and Suites and finding it for $69/night, I booked it right away. We know this area of Toledo quite well as we only live 45 minutes away, so I knew what restaurants were nearby, where to go for shopping , etc. There are probably 15 restaurants within 1/2 mile, from a very nice seafood place to Applebee's to diners to fast food.

The hotel itself was clean and the staff was friendly, and our room was a n/s king. The room was pretty small, but wasn't cramped for us. Nitpicking, the toilet would run after flushing as the flapper and the float would jam and had to be manually released in the tank unless you flushed very carefully. Also, the bed was too soft (for us, anyhow), and the mattress cover elastic kept popping off during our sleep.

The breakfast was fine, with do-it-yourself batter waffles, boiled eggs, bagels, donuts, yogurts, etc. The breakfast room, however, was very small and could only seat a few families, so we just took our food back to the room and ate there. Check-out was easy and we generally had no complaints.

All said, a very solid three star hotel keeping with the Country Inn tradition.

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Matt67
Reviewed 31 July 2006

After a long drive the Country Inn was nothing short of excellent.
The staff at check in did a wonderful job as I had two rooms booked . My brother arrived early and the front desk called me to verify everything so that he could get situated with his young daughter and go to his room early.

The rooms are very clean and very roomy.
It looks like they are new, with homely touches such as dried flowers in the room.The beds are not the usual boring , wooden headboard kind your usually find, but the sturdy brass Queens one might have at home.
Mattresses and pillows were delightfully comfortable and lent themselves to a great night sleep.
Very quiet and would defintely stay again.

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank QPR_4_ever
Reviewed 5 October 2005

On Monday September 26, 2005 I attempted to check in to this property. I had a reservation from June that I made on-line. As the manager Steve A began to check me in, he turned his attention from me to handle a reservation on the phone. After several minutes, of waiting for Steve to complete his call, a young lady behind the counter then offered to help check me in. Once Steve finished his call, he apologized, saying the guest was "hard of hearing" and it took much longer than he anticipated. He then left the area to take care of some personal business. As I continued the check-in procedure, the phone continued to ring. The clerk checking me in would answer the phone, and proceeded to make new reservations, all the time while I was waiting. When she finally finished with the call and again turned her attention towards me, I asked if she would mind helping me check in. She said she was the only person behind the counter and that she must anwer the incoming calls. After about 10 minutes at the counter and still not checked in--I decided to cancel my reservation. The desk clerk then typed in some information and told me I was all set. I asked for a printout showing I wouldn't be charged.

As I left the lobby and was returning to my car, Steven the manager was approaching his car. I told him I was not staying in his hotel because I could not get checked in properly. He told me that "guests on the phone get the top priority, because people at the counter can see they're busy whereas those on the phone cannot". I told him I didn't agree with with his policy. He just shrugged his shoulders and continued towards his car. I commented on his lack of professionalism, and starting getting in my car. At that time, I heard "*** Off!", coming from the direction of Steve's car. Since we were the only two vehicles in this area, it was apparant where it came from. Steve denied saying anything of the sort.

I reported this matter to Country Inns. I did get letter of apology from Steve regarding the issues I experienced during checkin, but nothing was mentioned about the profanity. I was told by a customer service supervisor on 10/5/05, that since it was a franchise operation I would personally have to contact the ownership group if I wanted any further action (like an apology).

I've stayed at Country Inns prior, but I'm afraid this experience and the lack of attention/investigation from their corporate leadership has convinced me with all the different choices of hotels available, I will not be choosing Country Inns and Suites again.

3  Thank TravelBug66
Reviewed 1 January 2004

Our family has stayed here for the past two years; both times were on NY's Eve. The kids love it; it is affordable; and you are pretty much left alone to do your own thing. BUT if anything is needed; just let the personnel know and it is taken care of ASAP. Wonderful place to stay; esp if you are on a budget.

1  Thank Voyager25440