“Nice choice”

Red Roof Inn Toledo - Maumee
Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Maumee
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

This motel is a great choice for someone who is on a budget and tired of paying high prices for quality sleep.
No breakfast but a quite, clean, motel. It is close to amenities and easy access to the freeway. The staff are friendly and helpful.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
i0046, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Toledo - Maumee, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. We pride ourselves on providing clean, comfortable rooms at a reasonable price to all of our guests. I hope you try our refreshing lemon water the next time you are in the area. Safe travels to you!

Reviewed 2 June 2014

I've stayed at this location many times for dog shows and seminars. This is my second review. I am never disappointed here. Location is convenient right off the turnpike and only 5 mins from the fairgrounds. Restraunt right next door is convenient. Rooms are predictable. Never any surprises. Clean and my housekeeper did an excellent job in my room. Front desk staff very friendly. It's nice to see many of the same people year to year. My room faced the turnpike but could not hear any road noise inside. I was told they are going to be renovating over the next few months. This is an older red roof so that will be a nice update. My only suggestion is it would be nice to have hair dryers in the rooms so I wouldn't have to bring my own but that's not a huge deal. I will stay here anytime I'm in the Toledo area!

• Stayed: May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We pride ourselves on providing clean, comfortable rooms at a reasonable price to all of our guests. We love seeing the beautiful show dogs and their owner/handlers every year! We are actually installing more hair dryers this week. Thank you again and good luck at the shows.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Very nice hotel. My room was near freeway but didn't have any road noise. The room was clean, the bed was very comfortable. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. The management of the hotel has kept the hotel in excellent condition. I have stayed here before and would highly recommend it

Room Tip: I always use trip adviser when I travel. There's some crappy hotels out there
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
linda s, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Toledo - Maumee, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2014

Thank you for writing a review and for the kind words about our property and staff. Your feedback is very important to us as we strive to provide 100% guest satisfaction. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to your return visits.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

I have spent the last 2 months in and out of hotels and have come to favour Red a Roof Inns. This one was no exception. It was clean, well appointed and the staff were friendly. I did find the bed a touch soft but then I like a really firm mattress so for everyone else it would likely be perfect.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
i0046, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Toledo - Maumee, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

I would like to thank you for reviewing our hotel during your recent visit. The staff enjoys making sure each guest is comfortable and delighted with their stays. We are glad to hear that you choose Red Roof for your lodging needs. We have a excellent loyalty program "Redi Card" that has great member benefits which I hope you are a member of. Please feel free to contact me if you are not a member - its very easy to get you enrolled. We hope to see you again when you are in the area.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

I have stayed at this motel before. I guess I am getting spoiled because this time I was not impressed. In fact, I had stayed at another Red Roof Inn, at Elyria, Ohio, and liked it much better. My room was not updated as someone else stated, not equivalent to the newer updated Red Roof Inns, I have seen and stayed in. My room over-smelled and I had to put on the air conditioner to try and get the fragrance out of the room, as I am asthmatic and was suffering from bronchitis. The room was clean, the TV's are old and outdated, and the beds were comfortable but not plush if that's what you are looking for. The staff was friendly. It is conveniently located off the Ohio Turnpike and the price was very reasonable. It depends on what you're looking for. There is another Red Roof located several miles away from this just off Route 23. I am going to look into that one next time and maybe try it, especially if it's updated. Although clean the smell threw me a curve ball. I must admit I like the value the Red Roof Inns offer, but I am leery about staying in them because of the animal lovers they cater too. The first time I ever get bug flea bitten will be my last visit to a Red Roof Inn.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank daja2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I would like to apologize for the fragrance smell in your room. We pride ourselves on providing great service and clean rooms and unfortunately we fell short on your visit. I will use the feedback you have provided me to better coach and train my employees. Regarding the room updates, I am pleased to let you know that we will be getting the room upgrades very soon. We are so excited to be able to offer new rooms to our guests. Thank you again for our review, hope you get over your bronchitis soon and we hope to see you when you return to our area.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

I have grown pretty fond of Red Roof Inns lately. They have proved to be reliable, clean, accommodating, and very reasonably priced. The staff is alway helpful and pleasent. All the properties seem to be updated and renovated. All this is true of Red Roof Inn in Maumee. The room is perfect for a good comfortable night's sleep. A big plus is that they never charge for the Cats. They are quickly becoming the first choice when traveling. This propery is located for easy on and off of I 90.The one draw back is that they do not serve breakfast. This is easily resolved, just plan for it!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
i0046, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Toledo - Maumee, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We pride ourselves on providing clean, comfortable rooms at a reasonable price to all of our guests. Its great to be recognized by the pet-owning public as we do not charge for cats or dogs. Next time you are in the area ask the front desk for some great breakfast choices in the area. Toledo is known for fantastic restaurants!! Thanks again!.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

Friendly staff. Very helpful . Convenient location off rte 90. 1/3 the cost of other options for a one night stop over. Some good restaurants in the area too. I would stop here again if I'm in the area.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel on trip advisor. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to your return visits.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Maumee
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn West
#12 of 19 in Maumee
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Toledo
Best Western Toledo South Maumee

Been to Red Roof Inn Toledo - Maumee? Share your experiences!