“Great location, staff and service”

Red Roof Inn Toledo - Maumee
Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Maumee
Piqua, Ohio
“Great location, staff and service”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We recently stayed at the Red Roof Inn , Maumee Toledo Ohio. Great check in experience no problems at all, room was excellent. Would stay here again in the future. Staff was very friendly and helpful,

• Stayed June 2014
i0046, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Toledo - Maumee, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to leave us such a nice review on trip advisor. We are happy to hear that you have a great time at our hotel and we look forward to providing you with another great experience the next time you stay with us. Thank you!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I have family and friends in Ohio, and we come up here at least once a year to stay. This year, it was for the MS150, and we had two bikes, bike gear, and a laptop to stay in touch with folks. The superior-king combination gave us the refrigerator for storing medicines, space to store the two bikes and our gear, and a good bed and shower to boot. It's an easy connection to the Anthony Wayne Trail to Ft Wayne, the turnpike or I-475. It's clean (which, sadly, is a surprise compared to the other budget motels we have stayed at), the housekeeping staff were stars (especially working around the two bikes and gear), and the front-desk staff were GREAT when we needed to extend our stay because of rain-delays in our plans. You just can't go wrong here.

Room Tip: We always stay on the ground-floor because I have bad knees and we are always bringing at least two...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your positive remarks about our hotel and your continued patronage. We greatly appreciate your feedback so we can further improve the service to our guests. Our superior king and deluxe 2 beds are well equipped with coffee makers, micro-fridges, irons, ironing boards and hair dryers. I am so glad that we were able to assist you during the rain delays. We hope to see you again!
MI
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We were driving through Toledo and just wanted a clean place to lay our head. We stayed on a Thursday night and the $49 price was perfect. We stayed here because of the great Trip Advisor reviews and we found they were all spot on.

The hotel was very hard to find in the dark, we passed it twice as it sits a little off the road and hidden by some trees. It's very convenient to restaurants with Friendly's and a huge antique mall literally walking distance. We felt safe in this area.

We checked in past midnight, tired from being at Cedar Point all day, so we were happy they had all paperwork, room and pricing in order. Check-in was fast and friendly, no stress. They even had soft cookies and fresh lemon water to snack on in the lobby.

The room was immaculate, a little on the smaller side, but perfect for our needs. We had a lot of pillows to choose from, some not so plush, but not a big deal. The bed and blankets were comfortable and soft. We really noticed how quiet the room was. No road noise, people from outside, nothing. And we faced the front of the building, near the lobby. Very peaceful sleep.

The bathroom was ultra clean with basic amenities. Towels were decent and good water pressure. We did notice there was no tissue box anywhere in the room. We thought we missed it. Again, not a big deal.

We knew there was no breakfast, but they had the cookies and lemon water in the lobby. Check-out was fast, the clerks very friendly, making sure we had a nice stay. I told her I'd be reviewing the hotel on Trip Advisor, so here you are! Very well done Red Roof! We'll stay here again!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
i0046, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Toledo - Maumee, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel! We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope your trip to Cedar Point was a lot of fun. We are located about 50 minutes from Cedar Point and we get a lot of travelers from there. We just added the cookies and lemon water and everyone loves them. We pride ourselves on providing clean, comfortable rooms at a reasonable price to all of our guests. Thank you again for staying with us. We hope to see you again on a return trip to the area.
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

This motel is a great choice for someone who is on a budget and tired of paying high prices for quality sleep.
No breakfast but a quite, clean, motel. It is close to amenities and easy access to the freeway. The staff are friendly and helpful.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
i0046, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Toledo - Maumee, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. We pride ourselves on providing clean, comfortable rooms at a reasonable price to all of our guests. I hope you try our refreshing lemon water the next time you are in the area. Safe travels to you!
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I've stayed at this location many times for dog shows and seminars. This is my second review. I am never disappointed here. Location is convenient right off the turnpike and only 5 mins from the fairgrounds. Restraunt right next door is convenient. Rooms are predictable. Never any surprises. Clean and my housekeeper did an excellent job in my room. Front desk staff very friendly. It's nice to see many of the same people year to year. My room faced the turnpike but could not hear any road noise inside. I was told they are going to be renovating over the next few months. This is an older red roof so that will be a nice update. My only suggestion is it would be nice to have hair dryers in the rooms so I wouldn't have to bring my own but that's not a huge deal. I will stay here anytime I'm in the Toledo area!

• Stayed May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We pride ourselves on providing clean, comfortable rooms at a reasonable price to all of our guests. We love seeing the beautiful show dogs and their owner/handlers every year! We are actually installing more hair dryers this week. Thank you again and good luck at the shows.
North Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Very nice hotel. My room was near freeway but didn't have any road noise. The room was clean, the bed was very comfortable. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. The management of the hotel has kept the hotel in excellent condition. I have stayed here before and would highly recommend it

Room Tip: I always use trip adviser when I travel. There's some crappy hotels out there
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
linda s, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Toledo - Maumee, responded to this review, 18 May 2014
Thank you for writing a review and for the kind words about our property and staff. Your feedback is very important to us as we strive to provide 100% guest satisfaction. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to your return visits.
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 April 2014

I have spent the last 2 months in and out of hotels and have come to favour Red a Roof Inns. This one was no exception. It was clean, well appointed and the staff were friendly. I did find the bed a touch soft but then I like a really firm mattress so for everyone else it would likely be perfect.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
i0046, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Toledo - Maumee, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
I would like to thank you for reviewing our hotel during your recent visit. The staff enjoys making sure each guest is comfortable and delighted with their stays. We are glad to hear that you choose Red Roof for your lodging needs. We have a excellent loyalty program "Redi Card" that has great member benefits which I hope you are a member of. Please feel free to contact me if you are not a member - its very easy to get you enrolled. We hope to see you again when you are in the area.