“If you plan on staying here please read this - urine on carpet!!”

Americas Best Value Inn - Maumee / Toledo
Ranked #17 of 19 Hotels in Maumee
“If you plan on staying here please read this - urine on carpet!!”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Aweful!

Arrived at hotel at 11:00pm, felt rushed - rude night manager . Entered the room - extremely musty smell. Decided to endure due to the fact that I needed a place to rest my head for a few hours prior to getting back on the road. People partying all night in parking lot, profanties and aggresive behavior....felt unsafe!! Called management 3 times during the night with no response, they never even picked up the phone!! Partying went till 3am! In the morning I was walking around the room barefoot and stepped into something wet....turned out to be URINE! Notified management who offered a refund...I never received it.... NEVER PROCESSED!!! Overall horrible experience with Americas Best Value Inn - Maumee. DO NOT STAY HERE. Its TERRIBLE!

Room Tip: There is a Redroof in down the road....pay a couple extra $ and stay there instead. Its worth it!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Mike W
maumeemike, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Maumee / Toledo, responded to this review, 31 August 2014
I'm sorry your experience was not what you were expecting. We have forwarded your comments to the appropriate department heads and will be sure to use this as a training opportunity.

Thanks again,

Mike

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Miamisburg, Ohio
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Pros: Outside looks nice

Cons: Extremely small rooms. Seriously. A bed, a squished chair, small night stand and thats all
the could fit on one side of the room.
No maid service. You make a mess, it'll be there waiting for you to get back.
Not the cleanest place. Some areas were falling apart.
Rooms smell horrible. DO NOT get the smoking room or the ones near it.
No Staff at night. My key died and I was forced to sleep in my truck.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
maumeemike, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Maumee / Toledo, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Thank you for bringing these shortcomings to our attention. We will be sure to use this as a training opportunity for our staff and make sure they update guests correctly.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Ask whether another room is available because you are concerned about noise, being adjacent to the office. Expect to be shouted at.

Ask whether their WiFi is broken (after all, it's worked at every other motel where you've stayed, and works at Tim Horton's just down the street). Again, you will be shouted at.

Sit down to see if you can get better WiFi reception in the office. Shouted at in broken English, cursed at in a foreign language.

Directly approach room service for a towel. Receive a promise they will deliver one. They don't.

For breakfast you can have generic raisin bran or froot loops, blobs of frozen dough labeled "English muffins," runny juice, nasty coffee.

Entering our room, were were conveniently greeted by a tall metal filing cabinet. In the bathroom some previous occupant had scratched the wall as though attempting to claw their way out. The tub was filthy.

The people here have absolutely no sense that they work in the hospitality industry. I stay in hotels of all price ranges and have a reasonable expectation of value at this price point. But I have never received shouty service until now. Avoid unless you have a masochistic streak.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
maumeemike, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Maumee / Toledo, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
I'm sorry your experience was not what you were expecting. We have forwarded your comments to the appropriate department head and will be sure to use this as a training opportunity.
Thanks for your feedback,

Lincoln Park, Michigan
Reviewed 28 July 2014

This is a good place to stay for the price. We paid $52 for a Saturday night stay. The room was quiet, clean (besides the tub), and spacious. There is no real breakfast but that was to be expected for the price. Overall it was a nice place to stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
maumeemike, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Maumee / Toledo, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Thank you so very much for the wonderful review. We are glad you found our location convenient and our staff pleasant. We strive to be the best budget friendly hotel in the area. Hopefully when you are in the area in the future, we will see you again!

New york
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

His is the first time I have stay at America's best value inn. The office peoples were awesome. At the front desk the Steve was so helpful to me. The rooms were great and break fast was good. I will tell my friends about this motel. I will come back again.

Stayed July 2014
maumeemike, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Maumee / Toledo, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Thank you so much for your kind words. I will be sure to pass along your compliments to the staff.

Thanks again,

Michigan, United States
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We were greeted by an unfriendly host, the owner? He acted like we were inconveniencing him when we were checking in. I had asked for specifics when I made the reservation, the host was not going to take those requests into consideration until I pointed them out to him.

Our room was smelly and the bedding looked grimy and had cigarette holes in the bedspread. I went back to the host and requested another room, "your best" I said. He put us into another room, I again requested, "the best room you have." He said he only had a couple of room available with a king bed, and showed me where they were on his room map.

I selected the most private of the two room choices he gave me. It was upstairs. The stairway was littered with trash. The new room wasn't smelly, but the bedding had cigarette burns in it. By the way, these were non-smoking rooms.

We gave up and vowed to not stay in another America's Best Value Inn -- this is our second, and although this place was better than the other location in Battle Creek, that really wasn't saying much, since the first place was really really horrible.

The bed was so hard we couldn't sleep well, it was literally like sleeping on a board. We were sore and aching when we got up. Couldn't get out of this place quick enough!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
maumeemike, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Maumee / Toledo, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
I'm sorry your experience wasn't what you were expecting, this is not a typical experience our guests have. Rest assured after your concern was received we addressed these issues to ensure they wouldn't impact another guest.
All our staff takes the comfort of our guests very seriously and we will do everything in our power to ensure a great time while staying with us. We hope you will stop by and see us again and see this is not typical for our property.

Thanks again for your feedback,
Akron, Ohio
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Well, where to start? The first thing that came to mind when I arrived at this hotel and was in the room for a couple hours was that it should be immediately converted to the sort of establishment where patrons only utilize the room on an hourly basis, if you get my drift. It was an absolute mess from curb appeal to (lack of) in room comfort. Not that this really matters, but the "green" areas of the outside of the property consisted of overgrown weeds littered with all manner of debris. I didn't take a real close look, but it raised the eyebrows of my definitely not picky boyfriend. He thought it gave an overall impression of sketchy at best, although I will say the area that the hotel was in was very safe looking and had many conveniences like restaurants that had more than subs and pizza on offer, convenient gas stations and drug stores, etc. But, back to the important part - the room! Dark and dreary, walls 2 different colors, stained carpet, and the bathroom was the worst. Oddly enough, amoungst all of that, there was a nice flat screen modern TV. Gave you a sense of oh good - this might not be too bad AFTER all..but then..the bathroom. One thing for sure - if you are a larger person, you will not fit in the shower. I'm not, and I had to stand sideways in the shower to wash becuase otherwise my elbow was hitting the interior surround wall, and on my other side, a sour smelling (the worst! UGH!!) shower curtain was constantly sticking to my wet skin and threatening to tangle me up as I moved around. It was the most narrow, confined shower I've ever been in aside from one time on a cruise ship. Hence, what I mentioned - this hotel should be used by the hour only and not for the luxuriousness of the shower experience or general surroundings. The room was not the least bit welcoming or comfortable. In addition, the usual things were in evidence too - dirty toilet bowl, (a ring around it like it had not been cleaned in a month or something), threadbare, scarce towels, crappy shower head, and a linoleum bathroom floor peeling up at the corners. Seriously? Just say no.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Anne P
maumeemike, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Maumee / Toledo, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear Anne P

Thank you for informing us of your concern with your stay at the Americas Best Value Inn-Maumee. We apologize for your dissatisfaction with your current stay; and we regret any inconvenience you may have experienced at our hotel.
What we found a bit odd is why none of the issues were never mention during the 2 weeks stay before you decided to write the review and the few more weeks you plan on staying with us. Over the course of the past week we have made numerous attempts to contact you to resolve these issues to your satisfaction without a response.

If you have any more questions regarding this matter please do not hesitate to call me. Thank you for taking time to tell us of your concerns Again, we deeply apologize for your dissatisfaction.