Comfort Inn West
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsred lobsterroom was cleanfront deskan older hotelgrocery store across the streetcheck in was easywould stay againla fiestaseveral restaurants within walking distancetravel couponstayed one nightfirst flooreasy stopmini fridgehot breakfast in the morningfresh wafflespet fee
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 December 2012

The staff was very courteous at the front desk especially when we called for directions. The room was very clean and we had a terrific sleep. Very informative when we asked what the best restaurants were in the area. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 September 2012 via mobile

nice location - 5 minutes drive from many restaurants and shopping centers.
the carpets were dirty and just a bit smelly. the room was clean and accesorized - refrigerator and microwave, which was great to have. it included a nice continental breakfast with great donuts.
friendly staff.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed 22 September 2012 via mobile

Great hotel at a reasonable price and good location. Walking distance to Red Lobster and La Fiesta Mexican restaurant. Only negative was weak complimentary breakfast (not enough variety) Would go back to this hotel since it is close to the Maumee Antique Mall

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed 20 September 2012

Stayed here recently during our trip west. We booked directly through Choice Hotel's 800 number and the senior rate was $49.95 for a non-smoking king room with refrigerator and microwave. We checked in about 9 pm by two women at the front desk and both were pleasant. We requested first floor and they said not a problem. Our room was clean and neat. I always check the bed and sheets at all of the places we stay. No problems here. The AC worked continously all night and the room stayed cold. It was not noisy. The bed and pillows were very comfortable. Good hot water pressure in shower. The hot breakfast was great. Fresh coffee, juice, fresh waffles, scrambled egg patties, sausage patties plus biscuits and hot sausage gravy and more. The hostess was constantly checking and replenishing food. Check out went smoothly and we were charged the rate we were quoted by Choice. There are several chain restaurants within a three mile radius for lunch and dinner. Red Lobster is actually next door to hotel and two local places also within walking distance. All in all, a pleasant, affordable stay and we would stay here again.

Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed 20 August 2012

From the cheesy furniture to the hotel room decor this hotel screamed Super 8. Now don't get me wrong, some Super 8's are nice and this might have been on the upper end of that, but at $140 a night I would expect ALOT more.

I should warn anyone staying in this hotel to book the room online. We happened to be driving thru the area and wanted to stop for the night. I found this hotel online in the car, listed at $89 a night. My mom checked us in literally minutes later. It was only after we had already left did I realize she had been charged $139 a night....INSANITY!

The first thing I do with any hotel room is pull back the bed coverings and inspect the sheets. Upon doing this, I saw stains all over the very thin sheets. I'm sure the sheets had been washed but it was obvious that the stains were from blood. I immediately called the front desk and asked for the bed to be remade.

The room itself wasn't horrible, but it was nothing special. It had that old feeling to it and definitely needed some maintenance but overall it wasn't a bad room.

My one big complain was the airconditioning. Nothing peeves me more than hotels that do not let you run your air continuously. I like a cold room, and the white noise from the fan blocks out external noise. No matter how cold i set the temperature, the unit would shot off after running for five minutes. It was not set to auto. When the fan was blowing it sounded like a jet engine taking off....horrible.

The beds had four pillows which I appreciate, but unfortunately they all were feather pillows so even stacking them did not allow for a comfortable sleep especially since the beds were rock hard.

We did not eat breakfast but the kitchen area looked nice.

Overall, this hotel was fine for a quick one night stay but it was defintely NOT worth $139 a night and i don't appreciate being price gouged because we just happened to stop in at 8:00 at night and needed a room. The stained sheets were absolutely unacceptable.

Room Tip: Book online even if you are right outside the door. The rates are much cheaper.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family