I guess can't complain too much for a $35/night stay -- but still...
1) When I arrived, I couldn't get into my room using the magnetized card. Also, about half of the door's paint was peeled off. It looked like someone had tried to kick in the door. I noticed that a couple other doors were in the same state. Can't they do a bit of a paint job?? In any case, they gave me another room, and this time, the key did work...and the door had no peeling paint!
2) Very difficult to figure out the TV: I had to call the front desk to get directions: Turn on the TV manually, then turn to channel 3. THEN you can use the remote! A bit of a bizarre process. Leave some written directions in the room!
3) I wanted to take a shower, so asked the front desk for a shower cap. They didn't have any. They apologized, but still...if shower caps aren't in the room, usually they provide them at the front desk upon request.
4) The breakfast was OK, pretty basic, but again, proportional for the price per night. However, the coffee was the weakest, worst coffee I had tasted in years. It's worthwhile to get in your car before breakfast (or walk!) to one of the coffee shops that are nearby...then bring it back to the breakfast room.
Again, maybe the above are to be expected for $35/night -- but the improvements would cost so little, it would be worthwhile for management to consider...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to our Days Inn Maumee/Toledo hotel, located just a few miles from Toledo with easy access to the Toledo Express Airport (TOL). Our location is close to area attractions and businesses such as the Toledo Zoo, University of Toledo, and Mud Hens Stadium, making it the perfect location for your next trip to the area. Take advantage of a free continental breakfast while using our free WiFi, available in all guest rooms and public areas. Relax at the end of the day in our seasonal outdoor pool. Have a grillout with your family in our picnic area, complete with barbecue grills and tables. Our pet-friendly hotel features comfortable guest rooms with refrigerators, microwaves, and iron/ironing boards, along with guest laundry facilities. Fish for walleye in the nearby Maumee River or get some fresh air at the Toledo Botanical Garden. Make the short drive to Maumee Bay State Park, which features hiking trails, sandy beaches, picnic areas, and a golf course. More than 9,000 animals, from tigers to sharks, live at the Toledo Zoo, just eight miles from our hotel. Enjoy a minor league baseball game at Mud Hens Stadium or catch a show at Stranahan Theater. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Days Inn Maumee/Toledo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Days Inn Maumee/Toledo Ohio
- Maumee Days Inn