“A Welcoming refuge”

Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Maumee
Northfield, Ohio
“A Welcoming refuge”
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Whenever I am in the area I choose this Hampton because it is unfailingly clean, the staff is welcoming, courteous, and helpful. Restaurants are nearby as are stores if you want to check them out. Access to the Turnpike and other interstates makes travel in and out easy.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Kenneth B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Toledo South Maumee, responded to this review, 24 November 2013
Thank you so much for your time and gracious comments regarding your stays with us. My team certainly strives to provide a consistent level of service and truly tries to be a place you can count on when visiting or traveling through NW Ohio.

All the the best to you and yours this holiday season!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 12 November 2013

I went to see Foreigner at the Fulton County Fair in Wauseon OH and that is farmers having a great time. I got front row center ticket from a great lady who was in Sterling Hts MI & had a crappy seat. So I let her sit with me. When I went to get my ticket & saw her she freaked out & told me I was front center with her. What a great time we had. She loves Thom on his sax & dancing with him as he plays. Kelly singing & jumping all over & going up to the top of an amp stack. The show was packed with 22,000 folks. They sell out every year & folks from Chicago were there as well as Michigan & Cleveland.

Then I drove back 40 miles to my room in Maumee. I had fresh corn in a basket in the lobby so I took 2 & heated them in the microwave & put a pat of butter on each & enjoyed them. Fresh corn is one great gift to me. I thanked the owner of the hotel for this nice touch. He with his whit shirt & red bow tie was just too cute. I was his first GOLD member & he had one king bed room in the hotel. I got it!. He added the microwave & small fridge next to the chest with the TV on it. He said it is farmers & that is their business.

Slept very well til a rooster woke me at 6AM. He is the alarm clock for the city. So breakfast which had gritts not oatmeal. Enormous sausage not the little links. Brown eggs that are fried for you or hard boiled. I enjoyed this breakfast. The rolls were great too with honey on them.

Then drive home very happy from a great stay.

Room Tip: Be sure to fill out your profile on the HiltonHHonor page so every hotel will know what you like &a...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Randolph, NJ, United States
Reviewed 6 November 2013

This was a terrific place for us to stay on our way from New Jersey to Chicago. It was very close to I-80 and was convenient to a couple of pretty good restaurants in the nearby area. This was a terrific place for us to stay on our way from New Jersey to Chicago. It was very close to I-80 and was convenient to a couple of pretty good restaurants in the nearby area.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Kenneth B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Toledo South Maumee, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
I am very appreciative of the time you have taken to share your recent experience with us. I know when I travel it is great to have a location that is easy to locate and provides the chance to re-energize when traveling many miles.
I hope we have the opportunity to serve you again on your next trip through N W Ohio. All the best this holiday season!
Leola, United States
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Clean room and lobby area, comfortable furnishings throughout, friendly staff in all areas, great breakfast - lots of variety and cozy dinig atmosphere, efficient service. Poll area was very nice and water was enjoyable temperature.

2 Thank James M
Kenneth B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Toledo South Maumee, responded to this review, 2 November 2013
James,

Thank you so much for your kind comments and I am very pleased that you found all accommodating during your stay. I am glad you enjoyed your swim in our indoor pool, it is a great feature of this property.

All the best!
Bensenville, United States
Reviewed 16 October 2013

This hotel was awesome. I stay at the Hilton Brand because there are no surprises. (Bad). Always a good experience. However I did have a surprise at the lobby area. It was beautiful and huge. Great for groups traveling together. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo

1 Thank Clarence H
Kenneth B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Toledo South Maumee, responded to this review, 20 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on line regarding your recent stay with us. I am pleased that you had an enjoyable stay and found our lobby spacious and inviting. We are very proud of our lobby area and in most cases it is much larger than most Hampton Inn hotels as we have doubled it's original size. I hope we have the pleasure of your visiting our location again in the near future!
ephrata, United States
Reviewed 14 October 2013

A nice place to stay and worth every penny. The overall look and feel of the hotel is very relaxing. The dining area is one of the best of any Hampton Inn I have stayed at. I will definitely stay again.

1 Thank Kenneth S
Kenneth B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Toledo South Maumee, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Your kind comments are very much appreciated and I am so glad you found this location met your traveling needs. Thank you for mentioning that we were a good value. Hampton Inn' Hotel's are certianly known for this and is a great advantage in today's economy.

All the best!
Southgate, United States
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Great place to stay when you are in the area, there are several restaurants/bars within a 5 minute walk. The surrounding area looked safe and the property was in great shape. Special parking for Diamond Members was a nice touch. The staff was excellent and very friendly which helps make your stay more enjoyable.

1 Thank Thomas S
Kenneth B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Toledo South Maumee, responded to this review, 12 October 2013
I was very pleased that you found our property accommodating in a number of ways. Your positive feedback will be wonderfull to share with my team. Thank you so much for being a Diamond member with HIlton Hotels.

Safe travels
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maumee
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Toledo
Homewood Suites by Hilton Toledo-Maumee
Best Western Toledo South Maumee
Holiday Inn Toledo/Maumee
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#13 of 19 in Maumee
Hampton Inn & Suites Toledo-Perrysburg

Been to Hampton Inn Toledo South Maumee? Share your experiences!