“Hampton Inn”

Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Maumee
Erie, United States
“Hampton Inn”
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Excellent hotel in a good location. We have stayed there twice and have had great experiences both times unlike some of the competitors we had used before. We especially liked the breakfasts. They had lots of vegetarian options.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Kenneth B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Toledo South Maumee, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Thank for taking the time to share your comments regarding your stays with us. I was pleased to read that you found our breakfast variety enjoyable. This is certainly a key part Hampton Inn Hotel's and recent changes to products have promoted a healthier start to the day.

Best wishes this holiday!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Milwaukee, United States
Reviewed 4 December 2013

We arrived one night early & were nicely accommodated. Very helpful hotel staff (even the guy there painting who held elevator door since I had 2 cups of coffee!) Excellent complimentary breakfast, much appreciated, esp the fresh fruit

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Best wishes this holiday!
Clifton, New Jersey
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Had a road trip in the middle of November and we decided to make Maumee Hampton our stopover. We have been in this hotel for more than a couple of times and chose it primarily for its convenient location which is just off the Ohio Turnpike and its proximity to restaurants and to most everything a road traveler needs.

The room was clean as usual and especially the bedsheets. My wife is very particular with clean sheets because she feels itchy all over when they are not super clean. (One time we had to change our room in one upscale hotel when she was itchy all over after a short time inside the bedsheets although I thought the sheets were clean.)

Breakfast is the usual Hampton fare and better than fast food restaurants. It gets a lot better when you consider it's free. Makes you full enough to have a late lunch. The evening snack of cookies and coffee across the front desk comes in handy if you pine for a late evening or midnight snack.

The staff has always been a sight for sore eyes especially if you arrive late and tired from driving. Always amiable and a welcoming bunch. Always prompt to check you in with a smile. They even gave us the same room when we came back 3 days later for another stopover on our way home. Maybe to make us more comfortable with a familiar room environment.

That's why we always choose this hotel when we pass by Maumee.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Kenneth B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Toledo South Maumee, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Thank you so much for taking time to share your experience regarding your recents stay's. I am so pleased that my team accomodated your visit and look forward to sharing your comments with them. Your returning to stay with us certainly makes us feel very special and I hope you can count on us in the future.

From myself and the Hampton Inn-Maumee staff, the best to you and yours this holiday season!
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed 21 November 2013

First stay at this Hampton Inn and was impressed. The room meets the usual quality standards of the Hampton brand, but the lobby area was a pleasant suprise. It is very large and even with a tour bus of folks having breakfast before loading up, there was still plenty of room to sit down. Would be great for families/groups to meet, play games and relax without having to stay in the room. There are multiple quality restaurant choices within easy walking distance, even more within a 5 minute drive. Location is excellent. Will certainly stay at this property again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank tbfltri8
Kenneth B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Toledo South Maumee, responded to this review, 24 November 2013
I appreciate the time you have taken to share your experience regarding your recent stay with us and was very pleased you enjoyed your visit. We are very fortunate to be located near a variety of things to do with easy access to all the metro area. We hope to get the opportunity to see in the future....best regards!
Northfield, Ohio
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Whenever I am in the area I choose this Hampton because it is unfailingly clean, the staff is welcoming, courteous, and helpful. Restaurants are nearby as are stores if you want to check them out. Access to the Turnpike and other interstates makes travel in and out easy.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for your time and gracious comments regarding your stays with us. My team certainly strives to provide a consistent level of service and truly tries to be a place you can count on when visiting or traveling through NW Ohio.

All the the best to you and yours this holiday season!
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 12 November 2013

I went to see Foreigner at the Fulton County Fair in Wauseon OH and that is farmers having a great time. I got front row center ticket from a great lady who was in Sterling Hts MI & had a crappy seat. So I let her sit with me. When I went to get my ticket & saw her she freaked out & told me I was front center with her. What a great time we had. She loves Thom on his sax & dancing with him as he plays. Kelly singing & jumping all over & going up to the top of an amp stack. The show was packed with 22,000 folks. They sell out every year & folks from Chicago were there as well as Michigan & Cleveland.

Then I drove back 40 miles to my room in Maumee. I had fresh corn in a basket in the lobby so I took 2 & heated them in the microwave & put a pat of butter on each & enjoyed them. Fresh corn is one great gift to me. I thanked the owner of the hotel for this nice touch. He with his whit shirt & red bow tie was just too cute. I was his first GOLD member & he had one king bed room in the hotel. I got it!. He added the microwave & small fridge next to the chest with the TV on it. He said it is farmers & that is their business.

Slept very well til a rooster woke me at 6AM. He is the alarm clock for the city. So breakfast which had gritts not oatmeal. Enormous sausage not the little links. Brown eggs that are fried for you or hard boiled. I enjoyed this breakfast. The rolls were great too with honey on them.

Then drive home very happy from a great stay.

Room Tip: Be sure to fill out your profile on the HiltonHHonor page so every hotel will know what you like &a...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Randolph, NJ, United States
Reviewed 6 November 2013

This was a terrific place for us to stay on our way from New Jersey to Chicago. It was very close to I-80 and was convenient to a couple of pretty good restaurants in the nearby area. This was a terrific place for us to stay on our way from New Jersey to Chicago. It was very close to I-80 and was convenient to a couple of pretty good restaurants in the nearby area.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Kenneth B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Toledo South Maumee, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
I am very appreciative of the time you have taken to share your recent experience with us. I know when I travel it is great to have a location that is easy to locate and provides the chance to re-energize when traveling many miles.
I hope we have the opportunity to serve you again on your next trip through N W Ohio. All the best this holiday season!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maumee
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Toledo
Best Western Toledo South Maumee
Homewood Suites by Hilton Toledo-Maumee
Holiday Inn Toledo/Maumee
Hampton Inn & Suites Toledo-Perrysburg
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#13 of 19 in Maumee

Been to Hampton Inn Toledo South Maumee? Share your experiences!