“Almost like home.”

Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Maumee
New Castle, Delaware
“Almost like home.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

I was recently in Maumee, OH for a softball tournament. I stayed at the Hampton Inn and am so glad that I did. As soon as I arrived the front desk personnel were pleasant and friendly. My reservation was handled professionally and instructions were given for the elevator and some of the amenities. My room was perfect. a Continental breakfast was available each morning and fresh cookies at night. All of the staff were very friendly and helpful. This is the place to stay if you are in this area.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Kenneth B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Toledo South Maumee, responded to this review, 16 August 2014
WOW, that is a great compliment and we truly want you to feel at home. The time you have taken to share your message is much appreciated. We hope to see you for the next tournaments in NW Ohio.

Enjoy the rest of your summer!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed one night here because I was taking my NCLEX test the next day. We live in Lima and I really wanted to be close so we didn't have a super long drive the day of my test. The ladies at the front desk (although I can't remember their names) were very friendly and helpful. The indoor pool and hot tub were very clean and just what I needed to relax! I used the gym in the morning and no complaints there. I slept like a baby that night, however, the pillows are VERY soft and my husband didn't sleep at all. Other than that, I highly recommend this hotel! Very nice location and quiet.

Stayed July 2014
Kenneth B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Toledo South Maumee, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
Thank you so much for your review, it was terrific to read you were able to unwind before taking your test in some of our facilities. I was sorry to see your husband found our pillows too soft... sometimes the right pillow can make a big difference.

I hope you passed your test with flying colors!
Rapid City, South Dakota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

This motel is about a mile from Ohio Turnpike exit in Maumee, OH. Rooms are very nice and spacious. Across the street are some of the best wings at Frickers you can walk across street. Also a great sports center nearby. I think the location is probably best part of motel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
We are very fortunate to be in an area with many businesses and services. I think this an important attribute when I travel and glad you found all you needed within a close proximity. Thank you staying with us and for taking the time to share a review.

Safe travels
Macungie, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

I cannot speak for cost of this hotel because we stayed there as part of a bus trip package tour. The room was excellent, the wifi worked well, and everyone was cooperative and friendly. The choice of graphics in the halls and rooms was funky and appreciated. We enjoyed a nice swim in the indoor pool, and found the included breakfast to be more than adequate. The coffee urn that was available in the lobby was an added bonus. Being on foot for dinner, the selection of restaurants right around the location was only adequate, but about one mile away there were some better chain choices which we selected on the return trip stay. We always seem to be happy with Hampton Inns.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Kenneth B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Toledo South Maumee, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
We love having many great tour companies utilize our facility with easy access off the Ohio Turnpike. I am so very glad you enjoyed your stop over on your busy tour schedule and were able to find a dining selection from the many nearby restaurants. Hope to see you on a future trip!
United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

Stayed 1 night for a trip to the Toledo Zoo. Area around the hotel is nice. Easy to get across the river into Perrysburg for more shopping/restaurants. Easy drive to Bass Pro Shop. Hotel is nice/modern. Indoor and outdoor pool facilities are unique and makes it a little easier to avoid larger crowds in the indoor pool - which wasn't an issue when we stayed on a Thursday night. Clean, quiet and secure. Good stay for our family of 5. Easy access off I80.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for choosing to stay with us for your visit to the Toledo Zoo - certainly one of our most popular attractions near the hotel. With the new exhibits, Penguin Beach and Flamingo Key added this year, we have had many guests heading that way. I invite you to come back next year when the Aquarium re-opens.
Willowbrook, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

Travelling home on I-80 and deided to overnight here and so glad we did. Beautiful room, quiet and comfortable. The hotel itself is first class. We didn't use the pools but they looked great. The front desk staff were welcoming and when asked, suggested nearby restaurants that you can walk to. We chose "Sidelines" and weren't disappointed.

Breakfast is included and it is delicious. Served in a comfortable and inviting room off of the lobby. Loved everything about this hotel, wish we could have stayed longer.

(And we got an AARP discount)

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Kenneth B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Toledo South Maumee, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Your review and comments about your stay are simply wonderful. In addition thank you for mentioning Sidelines Restaurant. We have many nearby choices and I always like to read of these experiences so we can continue to suggest favorable places to our guests.

Please come back when you can stay longer!
Santa Teresa, NM, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

My family enjoyed our visit to Maumee, our former residence and found the Hampton very nice. the location was perfect for us. The staff was helpful and friendly, rooms clean and comfortable. Pool well maintained and complimentary breakfast tasty with the right mix for adults and children. I would come back for sure.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

It was certainly our pleasure to have you and your family stay with us. I know your time is valuable and I very much appreciate the time you have taken to post your comments. I am looking forward to sharing this with my team and hope to see you all again very soon.