“Yum!”

Cuisines: Fast food
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio, United States
“Yum!”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

These are the best subs around! The bread is soft and tasty, ingredients are fresh and the meat is plentiful. The staff is friendly, place is clean and welcoming .. Who doesn't love a firehouse. Wish there was one closer but we treat ourselves to lunch when we make a trip up to Costco. Try it you'll be glad you did. And donate the change for a good cause!

• Visited April 2014

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“A Family Favorite”
Reviewed 18 September 2013

We went to Firehouse Subs for our son's 13th birthday dinner. It was quite a drive from our hotel but well worth the trip. We mentioned to the manger that we were on a short vacation to Cleveland and he was so helpful. He gave us many great suggestions as to where to visit and where not to visit. Our son received a free sub and a cookie for his birthday. Our subs were delicious and our boys loved the Coke Freestyle Machine. The staff was very friendly knowledgeable and the restaurant was nice and clean.

• Visited September 2013
Pennsauken, New Jersey
“Good subs”
Reviewed 29 August 2013

This place has never failed. Great tasty subs and very warm environment. It was in a nice area with plenty of shopping

• Visited August 2013
Cleveland OH
“A huge and welcome change from Mickey D's and the King”
Reviewed 1 December 2012

It pains me to not be able to say this place was very good, because on many levels it IS very good: The staff is friendly, attentive, patient, and serves with a smile and enthusiasm. The philosophy of the operation...to support firefighters and fire prevention related causes is fantastic (and every other charitable group is no doubt envious). Donation box at the register was full and they offer multiple ways to contribute...including rounding off your bill. Local fire department gear is used as decor on the walls. And the cute factor: tabletops are white with black dalmatian spots; kids meals apparently served in red fire helmets with a dalmation on the front.
Part of the problem MAY have been in what and how I ordered it...there are many options. I chose the veggie (this is a hot sub; I would imagine it could be done cold as well if one requested it). I deleted the sauteed green peppers leaving just the mushrooms and onions; deleted the italian dressing, had the mayo on the side. It came with 3 different cheeses and I opted to have only one...perhaps I needed to convey I wanted to substitute more of the one cheese for those I deleted, if possible. I had mine "fully involved" which means additional fresh lettuce, tomato, and onion.
It seemed fairly high-priced for what I got, which was a skimpy serving of the mushrooms, onion and cheese. I've had a similar sub from the place down the block, and it was far more generous with the ingredients.
I would definitely give it another try.
Note that assorted hot sauces are on the counter numbered from 1-10 to convey the heat level. Also has kids meals, and a limited salad menu. Soft drinks are close to $2.

• Visited November 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Firehouse Subs in northern Ohio-Finally!”
Reviewed 3 November 2012

I travel a lot and enjoy these subs in other cities. I am thrilled to see them finally in my home town. These subs are unique in taste and delicious. No more long drives and excuses to run down to Columbus to grab one of these sandwiches. The staff at this resturant are some of the nicest I've run into.
Yes, it's a chain but the food is EXCELLENT!

• Visited October 2012