“An Out of the Way Surprise”

Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland East / Mayfield Village
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Mayfield
Reviewed 27 April 2012

I found this hotel through the web, as it was new enough not to show up yet on our corporate travel website. I do not stay at many of the Hilton Garden brand hotels, so very little prior experience with them.
From the time I stepped into the doorway until I checked out, the service was impeccable. Hotel staff went out of their way to make you feel welcome with a level that seemed more like a Ritz Carlton stay rather then a mid-priced hotel. The sense of service extended from the front desk to room service to maid service. Anyone from the hotel staff you ran into were extremely friendly. Rooms were well designed and the sleep number bed was excellent. It's a new hotel, so it's very modern and clean. Overall, I'd stay here again, and have already recommended it to others traveling to that area. Based on my experience I am going to include the Garden Inn brand in my regular hotel list.

Room Tip: This hotel has a whirlpool room that is quite nice for the cost. Since it faces a highway on the wes...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 19 March 2012

We stayed here twice this year, and were impressed that when we came back after 6 weeks, the staff remembered us. They are very helpful, courteous, and professional. The room was comfortable, and the microwave and fridge setup was convenient. The lobby was also comfortable, with several seating areas, and a fireplace. We enjoyed relaxing in the pool and hot tub, too. Location is very convenient.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Although this hotel is about average when it comes to Hilton Garden Inns, their staff is amazing. After staying at this hotel for three weeks, the staff in the breakfast area was like family. Every time I came downstairs they were ready for me. If I go back to this area I will be sure to stay here again.

Room Tip: Like all hotels, they cap your bandwidth at a very low level. With netflix and all of the other str...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 January 2012

This is a new hotel and it's basically all fine. Two minor problems - 1) when you drive in from Beta Drive you have to go all around the hotel to get to the main entrance, and 2) the directions on the website for coming from the south (going north on I 271) is exactly the same as coming from the north - and that doesn't work. I told the person at reception and she said she's let her manager know, so hopefully they'll change it. Otherwise they get 5 out of 5 on friendliness, cleanliness, ease of access, and comfort, but like all hotels of this type, it's fairly devoid of ambiance. But for a night or 2 it's perfect, and nice and close to I 271.

Room Tip: Have only stayed there once, so really don't know - it was pretty quiet even though there was a...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 December 2011

The lobby is very welcoming and the front desk staff friendly and helpful. We only had breakfast in the dining room, but it was top notch. The rooms are quiet, well appointed and clean. The bedding is warm and cozy in the winter months.

My only complaint is a minor one -- they only put 3 towels in our room each day and we had 4 people. We had to ask for an extra towel each morning. Other than that, this is a great place to stay for a reasonable price.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 November 2011

Great Room, Cheap breakfast and excellent happy hours in the bar!!!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 November 2011

From the nice rooms to the great breakfast, this Garden Inn extends the reputation for quality that I have come to expect from Hilton's Garden Inn line. Also, from the front desk staff to the wait staff for the kitchen, customer service is foremost on their minds as they all strive to make your stay the best it can be. I'm even beginning to get more accepting of their beds which has been the only drawback I have had to staying at the Garden Inns. With the service and great rooms they provide, I just couldn't let the bed keep me away any longer. The other small but then again, a really big thing, since I do tend to work out of my room some too, is the fantastic desk chairs they have--they are very comfortable, quality chairs & not just a cheap chair resembling something a little more than a bucket to sit on. Keep up the great work!

• Stayed: November 2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mayfield
Holiday Inn Cleveland - Mayfield
Comfort Inn Mayfield Heights Cleveland East - Beachwood
Comfort Inn Mayfield Heights Cle...
#2 of 3 in Mayfield Heights
Hampton Inn & Suites Cleveland-Beachwood
Staybridge Suites Cleveland Mayfield Heights Beachwood
Staybridge Suites Cleveland Mayf...
#1 of 3 in Mayfield Heights
Courtyard Cleveland Willoughby
Hyatt Place Cleveland/Lyndhurst/Legacy Village

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland East / Mayfield Village? Share your experiences!