“Best Hotel to Stay at for Cleveland Clinic”

Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland East / Mayfield Village
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Mayfield
Butler, Pennsylvania
“Best Hotel to Stay at for Cleveland Clinic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013

I stayed at this Hotel four days while my Husband was in the Cleveland Clinic Euclid for Hip Surgery. Close to Euclid Hospital. The Hotel gave me a great price and free breakfast because he was in the Hospital. Very nice ,clean Hotel, great restaurant. Close to a great mall and not far from downtown Cleveland !

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2013

We were in town for soccer games and our experience was very favorable. The hotel was sold out with various groups including ours. Everything ran very smooth and the staff was exception. Hotel room was nicely appointed and very clean. Would definitely return.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

fmancine, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland East / Mayfield Village, responded to this review, 6 October 2013
Mr. Mike C.

I would like to extend my appreciation to you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to complete this survey. We strive to make every guest feel welcome when entering our Hilton Garden Inn and hope that they experience a pleasant stay while being our guest.
Thank you so much for your positive feedback regarding your recent stay with us. Your comments have been shared with our entire team.

It was our pleasure to serve you during your stay with us.
Baltimore, MD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2013

Stayed here for one night to go to a show at the Beachland Ballroom and do some work the next morning. Picked this hotel because it had high ratings, was reasonably close to the Beachland (about 12 miles by highway, which isn't crowded at night) and I could pay with Hilton Honors points. It's located right off 271 in a nice suburban area, within driving distance of a couple shopping strips. I had a little trouble finding it because it's located down a street that's secluded and at night, dark, with no indication you're approaching the Hilton (in contrast to the brightly lit hotel of a competitor that sits right on the corner). This hotel is very convenient if you're going anywhere on the East Side of Cleveland, and although the price was a little high for a suburban hotel (184/ night for a King Suite room with included breakfast) the room and breakfast were so nice as to justify the price. There is also a huge free parking lot, so you avoid the parking fees and traffic congestion that come with staying downtown.

The hotel lobby is very nice and looks new. My Suite room was huge for one person, about the size of a small apartment with a fully furnished living room separate from the bedroom, two TVs, a reasonably sized bathroom, fridge, microwave, Keurig coffeemaker, and closet. The furnishings, carpets, walls and bathroom fixtures looked close to new. Bed was very comfortable. Everything worked like a champ except for the Wi-Fi which mostly worked well but had an occasional glitch (I've run into this at other Hiltons as well, but because I get it free as an HHonors member, I can't complain). About my only complaint was that the bathroom towels seemed small and kind of cheap.

My free breakfast included both the breakfast buffet with toast, cereal, pastries, and also a hot item if you wanted the kitchen to make you one. The buffet ranged from decent (it's hard to mess up cereal and toast) to mediocre (pastries - I had a "mini croissant" that was hard, heavy and tasted like it had come from a cold can) but the hot omelet and sausage plate that was made to order was awesome. In addition to the restaurant, the lobby also sells microwave dinners and convenience foods to eat in your room. There are also a few restaurants within a few blocks driving distance on nearby Wilson Mills Road.

I would definitely stay again if I was going to the Beachland or other points east and could get a similar high quality room. Wished I could have stayed longer this time.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo

I do want to apologize about your croissant. I did speak with the kitchen and restaurant staff regarding this.

It was our pleasure to serve you during your stay with us.
Paris, France
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013

Overall the hotel was nice and I had no major complaints, but there was nothing that really made it stand out and it was on the expensive side. I expect more when paying $150 per night plus. Stayed 2 nights for a wedding nearby. The rooms were average size, clean, and well furnished. Not in need of an update but certainly not brand new. Not as much separation between the door and the bed as I'd like and hall noise was easy to hear, though there wasn't too much of that. The common areas were very nice. Lack of an included free breakfast was a negative, $11 for their breakfast. It's not that I would avoid or recommend against this hotel, I would stay there again if it was the best available, but there wasn't anything that would bring me back so I'd look around first, especially for the price.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2013

I have no complaints about this hotel. It was quite and comfortable. The staff was polite and helpful Breakfast was tasty and in the neighborhood of $11. Free parking. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Ohio, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

The room was comfortable enough. Apparently the bed was adjustable, which I didn't learn until checkout, after I had already slept on the bed. It would have been nice to know beforehand, since my bed was very firm. Knowing this would have improved my stay. A little card on the room nightstand would have been great!

O'Fallon, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

Upon Arrival, hotel staff were welcoming; Hotel was clean; amenities were above expected. Unfortunately I had someone above me that sounded like they were moving furniture all night, but that wasn't the hotels fault. Will definitely stay at Hilton Garden Inn next time I am in town. U

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mayfield
Holiday Inn Cleveland - Mayfield
Hyatt Place Cleveland/Lyndhurst/Legacy Village
Hampton Inn & Suites Cleveland-Beachwood
Staybridge Suites Cleveland Mayfield Heights Beachwood
Staybridge Suites Cleveland Mayf...
#1 of 3 in Mayfield Heights
Homewood Suites Cleveland-Beachwood
Comfort Inn Mayfield Heights Cleveland East
Comfort Inn Mayfield Heights Cle...
#2 of 3 in Mayfield Heights

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland East / Mayfield Village? Share your experiences!