“My ears are still ringing!”
Review of Thirsty Cowboy

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Thirsty Cowboy
Ranked #3 of 3 Nightlife in Medina
Cleveland, Ohio, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“My ears are still ringing!”
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Went there the first month they opened and thought what a nice country venue, until the music began. It was harsh and EXTREMELY LOUD. So we never went back until last night for the Parmalee/Clare Dunn Concert. I had hoped since this club has hosted many national acts, that would have gotten its act together with its sound system by now. Well to some degree, the sound was much improved, however it was STILL WAY TOO LOUD! I downloaded a Sound Pressure Meter to my phone and the level EXCEEDED the 90 decibel limit of my phone - even in the bathroom! The owner/sound engineer ought to be well aware of what safe sound levels are, but anything above 85db can be damaging to your ears. I would guess that if I had a real meter, that I would have gotten a reading in excess of 100db! The bass was way too loud and buried the other instruments. Don't think we will be going back unless I have earplugs, but then why pay to hear a band with earplugs on? Shame the bands would have sounded so much better at a decent volume level. We left midway through Parmalee's set because we just couldn't take the pounding on our ears. There is still no sound treatments in this very live room, but even that won't tame the excessive volume junkies there.

Visited November 2013
3 Thank Jim S

Columbus, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Nice Staff, Rude Patrons”
Reviewed 13 March 2013

Visiting from Columbus, I have never been bumped into by so many rude people. I'm not sure if this is the regular type of people that they attract but I hated this place. The staff was nice but customers did not care if they had to, literally, step over you to get to the bar for their next drink instead of going to an open spot at the bar. Being a female I found that even the men were rude and did not care to physically push you out of the way. I will not return unless I bring several of my large, male friends from Columbus who do possess manners.

Visited March 2013
3 Thank hucklebuck1975
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome place, great dancing, best bands are River hawk, Hard Drive, and Rebel Yun.”
Reviewed 13 December 2012

Love this place! Only concern is the worst band is playing on New Year's Eve.We stayed for a max of 2 hours the last time they played because they were terrible. The house was packed and there were 2 dancers on the floor. I hope they re-think their New Years Eve choice. I'm a regular there and most of the time it's the best place to be.Great music, great atmosphere... It's better than the old Boot Scoot which was also an awesome place. Management there is pretty awesome as well. Love the owner, too. Nicest guy you'd ever want to meet. I rate this place a 5. I'd rate it higher if I could. My favorite place to be. Only suggestion is change the New Year's Eve band or there will be a lot of disappointed customers. I won't be going if C.R. is playing. That's for certain. I don't want to fall asleep on New Year's Eve. :/

1 Thank Cowgirlcute
Cleveland, Ohio
62 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 86 helpful votes
“Country as it gets.”
Reviewed 18 October 2012

The mechanical bull is fun to watch! Definitely a red neck crowd, as one would expect. Plenty of good music and line dancing. The perfect set up for folks who love to dance and drink to country sounds.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Ohio_traveler_46
Lexington, South Carolina
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Great Country Bar!”
Reviewed 22 August 2012

Sometimes you need a change of pace and a country saloon is just the thing. Great live country bands, mechanical bull, line dancing, pool tables ~ everything a good country bar needs. Yes there will be a cover charge when there is a band ~ almost always worth it. The place is huge so if a band might be over-powering you can easily move to another bar area and still enjoy yourself. They offer line dance lessons so you can even get out on the floor the same night and try out your boots.

Visited July 2012