“Its not a bad place, just the basics.”

Motel 6 Cleveland - Medina
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Medina
Medina, Ohio
“Its not a bad place, just the basics.”
Reviewed 29 June 2012 via mobile

Its not a bad place, just the basics. Cheap prices and there is a pool but it's small. Rooms are no frills but get the job done.

Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank ssbrubaker

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Sydney
Reviewed 6 May 2012

I had 3 different rooms and found out that not all are renovated. The room I ended up having (room 203) on the 2nd floor had a nice big LCD TV not all of the rooms had an LCD. The shower head is extremely tiny and useless and the water sprays everywhere. The bed sheets had some stains. Plenty of restaurants and fast food options around and close to the interstate. Staff was pleasant enough and smiled.

Overall an average experience, its nicely renovated but it still has the Motel 6 feel about it and it wasn't completely clean which is the most important thing. Although the internal entries is a plus.

Room Tip: Choose 1st or 2nd floor if you are allergic to smoke. 3rd floor probably doesn't have any renova...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
South Lyon, Michigan, United States
Reviewed 8 February 2012

Don't ever stay here! While it's pretty on the outside, the staff is horrible. After I complained about ants at 10 AM (after they charged my credit card), they asked me to leave and never refunded my money. Ants around the garbages, pool, and hot tub. Also, because they are a "franchise", both corporate and their location said they do not have to follow Motel 6 policies or advertisements (e.g., accepting pets)

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Medina hotels

St Louis
Reviewed 25 July 2011

the hotel overall is a great buy for a "Motel 6". They definitely left the light on for me with a very nice late night front desk lady who help me organize my room requests, let me check out the room first and was always available for assistance. The room was typical motel 6. Cheap. The towels are typical Motel 6- Cheap (bring your own). But I will say the Hotel just needs a good carpet cleaning and it would be AOK for this price point. The added benefit was the nice pool and hot tub. Not many $50 hotels with a pool and hot tub. So if your in the area, need a bargain, this one could work! Just a note, if they provided outside trash cans there wouldn't be soda cans and walmart bags laying in the parking lot. Great Grass in a quiet location if you are traveling with a dog

Room Tip: Ask to check your room first!
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 30 September 2010

Sunday September 26, 2010 5:00 p.m. Upon arrival, the desk clerk was busy talking to another guest and the conversation lasted at least 15 minutes which is a long time when you have been driving 10 and 1/2 hours!

The motel's appearance is ok from the parking lot, and there are lots of places to eat, shop and fuel your car.

The clerk was very impolite and when it was my turn to check in only stared at me - no hello, welcome, nothing! Checked us in and handed us a room card key and turned around to do something else. She did not have the courtesy to ask us to enjoy our stay (like at other hotels we stayed in), didn't tell us where the elevator was or what floor we were in. Just plain rude. She did not even tell us that they had a jacuzzi which we later saw downstairs through our room window..

We went up the elevator to the third floor with all our luggage and tried unsuccessfully to open the door with the card key several times. So had to trek down to the desk again and explained that the card did not work. She rudely took the card, did not say a word and ran the card through the reader. When she handed me the card key still did not say a word or apologize for giving me a blank card key that did not work. In our 15 day road trip never met a ruder desk clerk.

The carpeting in the elevator was disgustingly dirty and you could tell it had not been vacuumed in weeks, it gave you a very dirty feeling. We had a non-smoking room but it smelled like cigarrete smoke in the room, the hallway was dingy and smelled worse. The room was rather cheap, quite basic and dingy for the price. Had a queen bed, small TV, and a bathroom. The carpet appeared to be clean but looked pretty bad with all kinds of nasty stains. The bathroom was updated but there was only one small hand soap and no shampoo or conditioner. The bathroom had new tiles that were improperly installed and most were cracked with a good portion of the grout missing, cracked or dirty. In fact, one tile was so loose that when you entered the bathroom, your shoe would catch on it. If it happens while you are barefoot, beware! Most likely the ragged edge would cut your foot.

Before going to bed had some work to do, but the free WI-FI advertised did not work. After a call to the desk I was informed that the 3rd floor has problems connecting to the network but if I came down to the first floor it would probably work. She once again, never apologized!

When we went to bed, several people next door took showers for a long time and the water noise was so extremely loud that we could not go to sleep. It was not a very restful night but the bed linens were clean and fresh.

Whe we checked out in the morning, a new desk clerk was very polite and freindly and thanked us for being a guest. She then wished a safe and great day. What a contrast to the evening clerk!!

In general, unless you are desperate for a room, avoid this motel. Probably for less money you can find a better place!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Travelmanlog
Toledo, Ohio
Reviewed 23 June 2010

My mother and I shared a room at the Motel 6 in Medina, and were not disappointed. Our one-night stay was very reasonably priced, especially considering that the hotel has an indoor pool and hot tub. The staff were extremely friendly, and offered coupons to nearby restaurants, as the hotel does not have a dedicated or adjoining eatery. Our non-smoking room smelled fresh (as did the entire second floor), and the linens and bathroom were clean and well-kept.

The indoor pool was large enough for about five or six children to enjoy at once, but not large enough for two adults to be in the pool at the same time. The hot tub was pleasant and relaxing, despite the aforementioned children shrieking in the pool adjacent.

Our only complaints were minor: the room did not have a refrigerator, the towels at the pool were small and not very thirsty, and the amenities did not include shampoo, conditioner, or lotion -- only soap. Also, the air conditioner was quite loud during the night; when ours would turn off, we could hear the adjoining rooms'. As we were meeting friends for breakfast, we weren't bothered by the lack of a continental breakfast (there was only coffee available in the lobby).

If I found myself staying overnight in Medina again, I would definitely consider staying at this Motel 6, although I would also research other possibilities.

• Stayed June 2010
1 Thank dianaschnuth
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 18 June 2010

My husband and I travel frequently for leisure. We decided to give the Motel 6 in Medina, OH a try. Never again. Within five minutes of entering the room we knew we would not stay there again. There is a difference between affordable and cheap. This place was cheap. I have never known a motel not to offer at least a small continental breakfast, toast or doughnuts and coffee/tea. With the exception of a small bar of soap there were no other toiletries. After being on the road for hours we had to find a grocery store to buy shampoo & shower gel. There was no coffee maker, ironing board, hair dryer or any other amenities that are standard fare in other motels of comparable price. The TV is tiny and there is no decor to speak of. The air conditioning unit is enclosed behind a panel and every time it shut off you could hear a 'drip, drip, drip" for about 20 minutes which kept us awake for most of the night. On a positive note I will say that it was relatively clean.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank howdydoodee36
Also consider these accommodations in or near Medina
Quality Inn & Suites Medina - Akron West
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Medina
Hampton Inn Medina
Hampton Inn Medina
#1 of 8 in Medina
Red Roof Inn Cleveland - Medina
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Medina
Quality Inn Brunswick Cleveland South

Been to Motel 6 Cleveland - Medina? Share your experiences!