“Worst Bedding Ever...”

Motel 6 Cleveland - Medina
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Medina
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Our group always stays here for our annual "Land Cruise Party". This is the 4th year in a row. We just love the location with all of the restaurants nearby. The room was very clean, but basic, but functional. Just remember to bring your own shampoo! For the price that we paid, I don't expect the Ritz, but this room has the WORST bed that I've ever had. It was WAY too soft and when you roll over, you roll into the middle. Others in our group said that theirs were just fine. We didn't use the pool area this time, but I think that it will rival any Holiday Inn, etc. Save your receipt as you can get a 15% discount at the Denny's next door (really cool diner style) or a 10% discount at Bob Evans.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Joe D
There are newer reviews for Motel 6 Cleveland - Medina

Reviewed 24 May 2013

We stayed here 1 night,we were able to check in early. The lady at the front desk was very helpful and professional.We travelled with my dog so Im so glad that this hotel is pet friendly.I asked to see the rooms first and was impressed of how clean it is.We were staying at another hotel but decided to check this one out because we were just nearby.So had to check out at the other hotel and stayed here.The price was the same as the other hotel.Their yard was so clean and weed free that I enjoyed walking my dog around the area.They only have fresh brewed coffee in the morning and that was ok,because Dennys was just nearby.Rooms are clean,no carpet,i dont like carpet at hotels,they have a flat screen TV.I had a good nights rest,
I will definitely stay here again next time I visit my relatives.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank shirley_122000
Reviewed 13 February 2013

So the rooms are pretty cheap and basic,the location is good. not too close to Cleveland and not too far. I don't have high expectations from a roadside motel, but only one important thing. Hygiene. Every person checking in to a motel room knows that somebody else slept in their bed before... nevertheless, knowing is different than seeing or feeling the traces of someone else, in that case, a pet. The whole bed sheets (in both beds) were woven in what appeared to be cats hairs. blond short hairs. It made me wonder if they ever put their sheets in the washing machine, and what if someone was allergic to cats?

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank EinatH
Reviewed 29 June 2012

Its not a bad place, just the basics. Cheap prices and there is a pool but it's small. Rooms are no frills but get the job done.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank ssbrubaker
Reviewed 6 May 2012

I had 3 different rooms and found out that not all are renovated. The room I ended up having (room 203) on the 2nd floor had a nice big LCD TV not all of the rooms had an LCD. The shower head is extremely tiny and useless and the water sprays everywhere. The bed sheets had some stains. Plenty of restaurants and fast food options around and close to the interstate. Staff was pleasant enough and smiled.

Overall an average experience, its nicely renovated but it still has the Motel 6 feel about it and it wasn't completely clean which is the most important thing. Although the internal entries is a plus.

Room Tip: Choose 1st or 2nd floor if you are allergic to smoke. 3rd floor probably doesn't have any renova...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 February 2012

Don't ever stay here! While it's pretty on the outside, the staff is horrible. After I complained about ants at 10 AM (after they charged my credit card), they asked me to leave and never refunded my money. Ants around the garbages, pool, and hot tub. Also, because they are a "franchise", both corporate and their location said they do not have to follow Motel 6 policies or advertisements (e.g., accepting pets)

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 July 2011

the hotel overall is a great buy for a "Motel 6". They definitely left the light on for me with a very nice late night front desk lady who help me organize my room requests, let me check out the room first and was always available for assistance. The room was typical motel 6. Cheap. The towels are typical Motel 6- Cheap (bring your own). But I will say the Hotel just needs a good carpet cleaning and it would be AOK for this price point. The added benefit was the nice pool and hot tub. Not many $50 hotels with a pool and hot tub. So if your in the area, need a bargain, this one could work! Just a note, if they provided outside trash cans there wouldn't be soda cans and walmart bags laying in the parking lot. Great Grass in a quiet location if you are traveling with a dog

Room Tip: Ask to check your room first!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Medina
Quality Inn & Suites Medina - Akron West
Red Roof Inn Cleveland - Medina
Hampton Inn Medina
Hampton Inn Medina
#1 of 8 in Medina
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Medina
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Medina
Quality Inn Brunswick Cleveland South

Been to Motel 6 Cleveland - Medina? Share your experiences!