“Still a decent place even after the name change” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Steve's Dakota Grill - CLOSED

Steve's Dakota Grill
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Brunswick, Ohio
“Still a decent place even after the name change”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013

Took friends there last weekend and Im not sure what everybody else is complaining about but this is the same great place it has always been. Then new name is Timber Ridge. Service was great as we had drinks and hor'duerves the bar because it was happy hour. We had told the manager we would be in the bar for about a half hour and then we would need a table for 4. He said OK Ill come and get you. Well we were in the bar for about 45 minutes having a really good time and finally he walked over to say I see you folks are having a good time and I didn't want to bother you but will you be ready for your table soon? Well we had just paid our bar bill and told him we were ready to be seated. Once we got our table our waitress introduced herself. We ordered another round of drinks and then placed our food order with her. My wife and the other lady both ordered the whole lobster which was a special. ($15.99 ) Then they ordered baked potatoe and rice each. Also they each got a side salad. I ordered a prime rib and the other friend order the sirloin steak. When the lobsters came they were quite large, somewhere between 1 1/4 - 1 1/2 lbs each. My wife is a lobster expert and immediately dug in. The other lady was a little upset because she had never had a whole lobster but my wife gave her some instructions on how to start. The waitress than brought our steaks and heard the women talking about what to do with the lobster. She immediately chimmed in with a little more specific instructions as my wife showed her what to do. The three of them had fun discussing what to do and before you knew it the women were eating there lobster and both exclaiming how delicious they were. My prime rib was excellent as well as my friends steak. This was an excellent meal enjoyed by all. During the meal the mgr. stopped by to check on us and remarked how well the ladies were doing with their lobster. He even complimented my wife for giving expert instructions to her friend on how to break up the lobster. All in all this was a great meal and my wives friend commented after she was done that she was really nervous when she started but was very happy she had tried it and exclaimed she would definitely try it again. I believe since the last time I was there about a year ago that some of the tables in the back part of the restaurant have been removed so there is more room between the tables. This was a problem I felt the last two times we visited this restaurant. Now it is a much more enjoyable place to have a great meal.

• Visited September 2013

Cleveland, Ohio
“Changed name to Timber Ridge!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

Went to dinner with friends and enjoyed the meal and atmosphere. My prime rib was very tasty and better than the last visit, It was the smaller cut but very plentiful and seasoned well. My husband and friends had the steak and scallops combo and the sauce on the steak was excellent. My husband 's scallops could have been browned a little more but he enjoyed them. My other friend enjoyed her salmon. The restaurant is pricey at least for dinner but the meals were worth it.

• Visited July 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
“They have very wierd hours”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2013

Please be sure to call this restaurant ahead of time to make sure they are open. The food, the atmosphere, the staff. All A++

Cleveland, Ohio
“Not horrible, not worth the money”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2013

As an avowed carnivore, I wanted to go there for my birthday.

My first impression was that it can't decide what it is. All of the staff were in white shirts and ties with white waist aprons, very similar to what you would find in a top Chicago steak house. Then that sat us and pointed to the laminated menus stuck between the catsup bottles and the wall, like you would see in a corner bar.

My wife ordered a special, the Chilean Sea Bass. We were surprised to get the bill and find it was more than $30 (to their credit we never asked) but she said it was comparable to any fish entree at Applebee's.

That's where we land at this place. The food isn't bad, nothing to complain about. But you can do just as well at Texas Roadhouse, Longhorn or any chain steakhouse. If you do it will almost certainly be more convenient than this place in the middle of nowhere and far more cost effective.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank NorthCostGuy
cleveland, oh
“Love the filet mignon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2013

I get the same thing every time I come here, lobster bisque, filet mignon and asparagus. Never disappointed. During the fall they have a pumpkin martini that is out of this world.

• Visited December 2012