“Lovely and Charming Aug 14-16,2013”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Medina
Spitzer House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Medina B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 August 2013

It was a wonderful, lovely and charming house ."Food for soul"it was delicious and homemade.The owners made you feel welcome and at home.I truly did not want to leave.The town was cozy and I felt safe to walk at night.I will be back next year with my sisters and mom.Ladies thank you so much for all that you did for us and made our trip special.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank 995DeliaD

Reviewed 29 July 2013

My husband and I were looking for a cozy, romantic B&B in Medina - we traveled for a wedding, but were also celebrating our anniversary! The Spitzer House was PERFECT! Accomodations were charming, well-maintained and very clean. Bed was super comfortable. Lots of space and nice touches throughout. LOVED the coffee bar and the breakfast was outstanding!! We want to come back:)

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dbumich
Reviewed 22 July 2013

I used to live in the area and was returning for my 25th high school reunion (Cloverleaf class of '88!) and decided to treat myself to a stay in a B&B instead of one of the random, sterile hotel/ motel options available in Medina. My sister came up from Columbus to spend the weekend with me and we were delighted with every aspect of our stay at the Spitzer House Bed & Breakfast.

From my first contact via email with Haley, the inkeeper, I was impressed. Haley responded almost immediately and held the room for me even though it took several days for us to actually connect to exchange payment information. She was very attentive and responsive, but not hovering over us during our stay. If we needed something, she always seemed to be right there but we also had alot of privacy and felt right at home during our stay. We also had a chance to meet Haley's amazing young daughter which was truly a highlight.

We stayed in Aaron's room, which is on the first floor just off of the dining room. The room was spacious with a King Bed, desk area and armoir. The room was very clean and the linens and towels were far superior to what I have at home. I definitely felt pampered. The furnishings in the entire house are beautiful antiques, but the environment is very comfortable and charming and not intimidating like some other B&B's I've been to where you are constantly worried about breaking things. The bathroom was lovely with a claw foot tub, separate water closet, huge sink and a towel warming bar. All the fixtures were new, shiny and clean. I'm an architect and am often put off by new things trying to look "old", but these were high quality bathroom fixtures and fit well within the spirit of the architecture of the overall house.

Breakfast was fantastic both days of our stay, and it was really neat to learn about the travel experiences of the other guests and what brought them to Medina. The coffee was very good and plentiful, which I really, really needed after several late nights catching up with old friends.

Factoring in the amazing breakfast we had, I think that our stay at the Spitzer House was comprable in cost to what a stay at a 2 or 3 stay hotel which is an amazing value. I highly recommend the Spitzer House Bed & Breakfast and can't wait to get back there myself.

Room Tip: Aaron's room is a great room! Since it is right off the dining area, it might not be the best c...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank JulieJ_415SF
Reviewed 19 November 2012

I had the pleasure of staying at the Spitzer house for a week. I was traveling for business and fortunately, a colleague had booked me in the Spitzer house in stead of just another hotel chain.
The room was big and clean, bottled water and snacks are complimentary and everything feels relaxing and friendly as soon as you walk in. The Spitzer house is decorated in old victorian style which adds to the warmth of the place. Haley is genuinly friendly and will ask what you like for breakfast. Breakfast includes real fresh fruit, not the wrapped apples you find in hotels.
I will definitely stay here again should I ever return to the area.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank MrSjokedijzen
Reviewed 10 September 2012

When we decided to break up the first day of our trip into two, we were pleased to find a B&B at about the halfway point. I was impressed by the innkeeper Haley even over the telephone when I made our reservation. We were given Anna's room at the top of the stairs when we arrived -- what a nicely decorated room with fluffy robes and towels, a great bed and comfortable pillows. It was a real treat to hear the wail of the freight trains during the night -- memories of our Midwest childhoods. Breakfast was superb -- eggs to our liking with crisp bacon and hash browns and very large delicious cinnamon rolls. We have stayed at many B&B's over the years, and this is one of the best!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pinebear
Reviewed 9 September 2012

We stayed for a nearby wedding. The place is beautifully decorated, clean and sophisticated. The bed was uber comfortable. Bedding, linens and towels were luxurious, as was the dinnerplate-sized showerhead. Breakfast at 9:00 is amazing... we had to leave 10 minutes early on Sunday morning & they were so sweet and packed us homemade banana walnut bread, fruit, yogurt with granola, and coffee to go. They also have bottled water, snacks and coffee available for free, 24/7. I feel like we got an incredible value, and a much much better experience than we would have at any hotel. I can't wait to have an excuse to go back.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank tt495
Reviewed 14 August 2012

Our experience at Spitzer House B&B was 5-star. The house is exquisitely decorated and CLEAN! We stayed in Anna's room which is a queen. The bed was a bit hard for me, hence a 4-star on the sleep quality. The room itself faces the road so you can hear traffic. But it was really cool to hear the train in the distance as well. The breakfasts were out of this world yummy! Haley, the innkeeper, says she loves to cook and this was apparent in her photoquality breakfasts. Haley is warm and hospitable as are her family members a few of whom we got to meet along with the adorable Australian sheepdog. Our friends stayed in the king with the double bathrooms and loved it! A bride and groom graced our breakfast the first day as husband and wife. How neat! Haley had made a heart design on their bed with fresh rose petals! Another couple from the Medina area stayed there just for a weekend get-away! What a wonderful idea. I highly recommend this B&B and we definitely will stay there again when visiting the area. By the way, the outside of the house is being resided with a calming green and yellow so don't "be lookin" for the salmon pink house anymore. I personally like the pink but the green and yellow complements the beauty of the house decor inside. Loved this experience and loved Haley and her family! You will thoroughly enjoy your stay.

Room Tip: Anna's room seems to be the favorite at the front of the house but you can hear traffic. It is a...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends