Holiday Inn Express Mentor (Lamalfa Conference Center)
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Mentor
Chapin, South Carolina
“Nice Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

We stayed in a king suite for one night recently. The room was spacious and comfortable with a nice counter, plenty of electrical outlets for recharging needs and a unusually rich selection of TV channels. There are a number of restaurant choices within walking distance and a good number of breakfast options at the hotel. I did experience an issue when trying to connect to the hotel WiFi. Connecting to the network does not require a password but a password is required for internet access so I was able to connect to the network but not the internet. Generally opening a browser will provide access to a page where the password can be entered but that did not work on any of the devices I had with em. I finally found the URL that I needed on the instructions in the room and was able to connect. Signal strength was god.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Roger1154
GMLaMalfa, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Mentor (Lamalfa Conference Center), responded to this review, 9 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know that you enjoyed your stay. We have take the time to receive feed back from our guest regarding their channel preferences and have added several extra packages for your viewing pleasure. I apologize that you experienced difficulty when trying to access the internet. When opening a URL browser you are automatically prompted to enter the password and submit, once this is done you are immediately routed to Google or any other URL you have chosen. It appears you were able to use the easy access directional tent card in you guest room to gain access.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us and fellow Tripadvisor guests.

Debora M. Neath

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

I loved this place! Even though we had reserved a standard room, we were upgraded to a suite! Full fridge, stove, leather couches, jetted tub - all fabulous!

We did get to see a few other guest rooms and they were all huge! The ones we saw all had two rooms and lots of space.

The hotel was clean and the staff was helpful. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone!

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Kathie L
GMLaMalfa, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Mentor (Lamalfa Conference Center), responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. We are excited that you were one of the "upgrades of the day". Our upgrades are done first thing in the morning and it is a pleasure to give them to an unsuspecting guest. The reactions are sincere and genuine. We hope that you will visit us again in the future when passing through the Mentor area.

Jonesville, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at this hotel for one night on our way to Niagara Falls. This is a very nice, quiet, and clean place to stay. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room entrance was inside the building. A safe place to stay. Very quiet, up-to-date. Very nice breakfast for guests.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank JCIT
Dear Guest,

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and felt safe and comfortable during your stay with us. Our staff goes out of their way to make you feel at home here when your traveling. We hope that you will visit us again when returning to the area.

New Albany, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

This is a great hotel to stay at for business. I have stayed here several times and have been pleased with the complementary room upgrades. The hotel staff is friendly with a location that is great. You can walk across the parking lot for many great restaurants including the brown derby for steak and ribs. The manager is expecially friendly and helpful. When my work computer internet couldn't connect. She diagnosed the problem and was a very positive person. People like her make this a reason for travelers to want to stay here for the welcoming service.

The rooms were clean with a little bit dated. The beds are comfortable, they have an amazing selection of TV channels and free on demand HBO movies. This is so nice so I can catch a show that I missed when I am traveling. I have never seen this in another hotel and I am pleased makes my stay.

Their breakfast is delicious, they have a beautiful sparkling indoor pool and inspiring soft music in hallway makes this hotel the best place to stay in mentor.

For business, pleasure (the beach is 2 miles away) and meetings this place is excellent.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Jrighteousfaith
GMLaMalfa, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Mentor (Lamalfa Conference Center), responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear Guest,

We appreciate you taking the time to let us and other readers know about your stay.
The staff is cross trained in many areas, for the simple fact that things do not break during 9-5 hrs. It would not be unusual to see one of our front desk girls changing out a door lock, replacing an HVAC sensor or trouble shooting the cable box. No one like to wait for maintenance engineer to return, so we stand in the gap. If it is something we cannot handle and rooms are available we promptly move a guest. Our hotel is constantly changing and we have many new IHG approved changes coming form the lobby to the guestrooms and the breakfast area. We expanded our cable listings based on what you our guest suggested and are delighted that you noticed and appreciate the effort!
We look forward to having you as our guest in the future and know that you have a lodging choice when making accommodations and hope that you will consider one of the many IHG properties for your next travel accommodations.

Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

This is my second trip back to Mentor, Ohio. This time I traveled on business. After my last stay at The Holiday Inn Express, LaMalfa, I decided to stay there again just to see if my first wonderful stay was just a fluke or the real deal. To my delight, I found this stay (5days) to be just as great as my last stay, if not better. I found the rooms to be spacious and well laid out. In fact it appears that they have done some remodeling since I was last there. The amenities offered by this hotel are top notch, especially the pool and breakfast bar. As for the staff, I could not have asked for nicer, more courteous people to deal with. From the moment I checked in to the moment I checked out, I was treated like I was someone important. The staff went out of their way to make my stay the best as possible. I would like to give a special thanks and acknowledgement to Tairi the front desk manager, and to Debora, the General Manager. Both were extremely helpful and professional. They are truly an asset to both the hotel and to Holiday Inn. I had a colleague who had to stay at the other Holiday Inn in town and after one day there, he quickly cancelled the rest of his stay and checked into the same hotel as me. I guarantee that his next stay will be at the Holiday Inn Express as well. A great property and great staff made this stay both pleasurable and memorable.

Room Tip: Any room you get is a good room. They have a great club floor (2nd) and all the rooms are suites. Yo...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Shawn O
GMLaMalfa, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Mentor (Lamalfa Conference Center), responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear Guest,

We are delighted that you enjoyed your second stay with us. We absolutely love to hear from guest that have stayed with us previously. The staff loves To hear that they make a difference and the only way we can know this is if you the guest take the time to inform us. I'm sorry to hear that your associate did not have a positive stay at one of the other IHG properties. Holiday Inn strives to create consistency among their brands so your experience is just as positive if you stay in Mentor, Ohio or Pittsburgh, PA.
We know that you have a lodging choice when making accommodations and hope that you will choose one of the many IHG properties for your next stay.

Canton, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

Stayed here for our daughters wedding June 6th through the 8th, 2014. The entire staff was very friendly and courteous at all times. The rooms are very comfortable and clean. I must give a shout out to the Manager Debra who was very helpful in planning our block of rooms, she does an outstanding job. Kudos to Erin who worked in the breakfast bar, made me feel so at ease during my stay. The breakfast bar has excellent food and great coffee!!!!!! The swimming pool is very nice as well. Well stocked vending machines for drinks and snacks. Overall an excellent rating and we would stay here again and again!!!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Kathy C
GMLaMalfa, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Mentor (Lamalfa Conference Center), responded to this review, 14 June 2014
Dear Guest,

We are excited that we were able to provide you with such a positive experience during your stay with us. We know wedding planning can be stressful and we want your day to be as hassle free as possible. Thank you for noticing Erin, she is the newest member to our team here and has been doing an outstanding job.
We know that you have a lodging choice and hope that you will choose one of the many IHG properties for your future accommodations.

Dallas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

Reception personnel a bit under-enthusiastic. Received spacious king "suite" - with somewhat unusual configuration. Nice sofa, but no coffee table. TV mounted high up, needed to be cranked into extreme angle to view from bed. Awesome shower set-up, spot less, curved curtain. Fridge with ice shelf and a microwave. Excellent breakfast (several hot food choices) with real china, glass ware and metal flatware. Quite the treat versus the usual Styrofoam feasts. Several restaurants in walking distance. Definitely an above average HIE&S property.
One issue: the air in the in-door swimming pool hall is so saturated with chemicals that my eyes starting tearing within seconds. Could not stay.

Room Tip: This hotel is removed from interstate and local thoroughfare. Should be quiet - unless you have dis...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank HermanTheGerman-inTX
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how you enjoyed your stay with us. It is not our norm not to be enthusiastic about your arrival as we have two entrances to our facility. I'm guessing you came through the conference area. There is absolutely no excuse not to greet anyone with a pleasant "hello" and a smile. I'm glad you had the opportunity to enjoy our hot breakfast, many guest have told us how much they like the glass plates and flatware it seems to make breakfast taste better and it certainly looks better. Not all suites have coffee tables because of how the rooms are configured, however the next time you are here for a visit let us know and we will be happy to put you in a guestroom that has one. Several of our penthouses have the flat screens mounted on the wall which can be moved to accommodate your viewing. We look forward to your next visit.

Debora M. Neath General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mentor
Best Western Plus Lawnfield Inn & Suites
Holiday Inn Cleveland East - Mentor
Hampton Inn & Suites Cleveland-Mentor
Residence Inn Cleveland Mentor
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#1 of 5 in Painesville
Red Roof Inn Cleveland East - Willoughby

Been to Holiday Inn Express Mentor (Lamalfa Conference Center)? Share your experiences!