“Clearly Consistently Hampton Quality”

Hampton Inn & Suites Cleveland-Mentor
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Mentor
Reviewed 5 February 2014

If you wake up early enough you will be welccomed by Barb. The owner is lucky to have her helping guests wake up with hot coffee and breakfast. I have stayec here 5x's and she always remembers me.
My room was clean, quiet and dark.
The shower was very clean.
I ESPECIALLY like the newer nightstand raised power port.
The fitness center does not have heavy free weights but at 5:30am there are plenty of exercise pieces. See you in two months Barb, keep up the warm hospitality.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 1 February 2014

I stayed here for a business trip as my client had a corporate rate there. The room was nice and tidy and everything was in good working order. One quibble was that I could not set the fan to run continuously (the white noise helps me sleep). The bed was comfortable and the linens good quality. There was both wired and wireless internet and the speed was OK - good for connecting to the office for e-mail but you won't be streaming hi-def video over it. The TV had over 60-something cable channels and many of those were in hi-def.

The hotel has a free breakfast and while it was all pre-made stuff (including the hot items), it was pretty good on the days that I stayed there. There are a few chain and fast food restaurants within a block or two and there are many eateries within a couple mile radius, if you want to venture out.

If I had to return to the area, this hotel would definitely merit top consideration.

Reviewed 17 January 2014

Service was very good, and room was very clean upon arrival, but when I took a shower the next morning, I saw mold in the shower track and on the bottom inside surface of the shower door. That wasn't what I wanted to see. Didn't appear to have been cleaned in that area for a long time. "Complimentary" breakfast was worth about what I paid for it - nothing. Scrambled eggs were closer to egg custard, and the muffin was dry enough that I figured it was a leftover from the previous day.

Reviewed 14 January 2014

I have been staying at this hotel regularly for the past 3 years. This is one of the best Hamptons you will find. The staff is extremely helpful and friendly. The hotel and rooms are always clean and fresh. It is convenient to the main throughfares, local industry and downtown and only 30 minutes from Cleveland.

Reviewed 1 December 2013

My son and i stayed at hampton inn in mentor Oct 10 -14 2013 for wedding. we always stay at hampton inns great hotel except forthis one. when we got there my reservation price on hampton inn.com didnot match what they were trying to charge. there was a 30.00 diff. they honored the price on hampton inn .com. when we got to our room it reeked of cigarettes but it was a non smoking room. went back to the front desk was given a bottle of febreeze. i became the cleaning ladY!!! next day smell still there. they finally brought an air purifier. Saturday night was a lot of music in next room. complained at front desk , they called and went to room but no one answered. front desk said there was nothing they could do.

when i checked out and clerk asked me how stay was i told her. i received no call from manager offering an apology. funny there is a plaque that says "if you are not 100% satisified you are not expected to pay" I didnot expect a free stay for all those days, but i received no compensation form this establishment at all. I complained to hilton.com and received a voucher for a one night stay.

I will stay at hampton inn again. I WILL NOT STAY AND WILL NOT RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL IN MENTOR OHIO (EMERALD COURT) TO ANYONE

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 December 2013

UNFRIENDLEY STAFF, Hilton Honors members are not respected and benefits not honored. Across the street is a Marriott Residence Inn, I checked out of this Hampton after one night and checked in at Residence Inn (PERFECT in all catagories) Free Lite dinner with beer & wine and GM will introduce you to other guests and staff members.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 December 2013

We travelled here for a tennis tournament down the street. Location was good for us and close enough to the lake for a nice drive. There was a Gander Mountain next door that we enjoyed. My daughter thought the pool was great. Breakfast bar served continental style breakfast that was convenient. If we are in the area again we would stay here.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mentor
Residence Inn Cleveland Mentor
Holiday Inn Cleveland East - Mentor
Best Western Plus Lawnfield Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#2 of 5 in Painesville
Steele Mansion Inn & Gathering Hub
Red Roof Inn Cleveland East - Willoughby

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Cleveland-Mentor? Share your experiences!