“Not a trustworthy staff”

Hampton Inn & Suites Cleveland-Mentor
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Mentor
Mount Airy, Maryland
“Not a trustworthy staff”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I left a brand new jacket hanging in the closet of my room. From the time I checked out to the time I contacted the hotel (less than 24 hours), it was gone. No one checked back into the room so the only people that had access to enter were the housekeepers. I spoke to the general manager and he didn't have anything to offer other than suggesting I double check my bags. Next year, our softball team will not be returning to this hotel.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank BuckeyesGirl

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

I make it a point to stay at Hampton Inns. Stayed at this Hampton Inn in Mentor OH in late June for 5 nights. It has got to be the quietest hotel I have ever stayed in. Slept so very well! Spotlessly clean hotel and grounds. Great staff. Thoroughly enjoyed my stay and will be back next year in the spring!

Stayed June 2014
Tennessee Ridge, Tennessee
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Made reservations on Priceline, who made them for wrong week! Folks at this Hampton made it right. Rooms and bathroom exceptionally clean! Staff friendly! Great location! Will stay again when we go home!

1 Thank Debra C
Las Vegas, United States
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Man working behind the counter when checking in was very abrupt and didn't say two words to us when checking in. Gave us one room key and pointed to the elevators. When I parked my car to bring the luggage around he was outside smoking a cigarette.....Not a good first impression for the hotel. I also thought the price was way expensive for an average appearance hotel and room.

Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Our room was clean, the breakfast was good, and the hotel was maintained to the Hampton Inn standard. Our room was quiet and the pool area was nice. It met my expectations for staying at a Hampton Inn.

The staff far exceeded my expectations for this hotel chain. The manager and his wife were incredibly helpful! They printed directions to get to our area destination, assisted me with getting my very heavy baggage to the car, stored extra gear for two nights in their office, and provided my children with coloring sheets and crayons when they were done eating so that the rest of the family (ha, and everyone else in the lobby) could eat in peace. Well done! For this, you get a GOLD STAR for our stay! Thanks for going that extra step to make us feel like we were at a bed and breakfast inn, rather than another chain hotel.

I highly recommend this hotel -- parking was ample and free, the area and hotel seemed safe, and it is a short drive to downtown attractions.

Glenside, United States
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Great, friendly and helpful staff; always willing to help, and answer any questions. Breakfast food was surprisingly good. The room was very nice, comfortable and quiet. I would definitely stay here again when traveling to the Mentor Ohio area!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We traveled to Mentor on family vacation, and were delighted with the room and the amenities offered at this hotel. Very accommodating front desk and management staff, and the housekeeper (Tera, I believe) was superb-she definitely went above and beyond every day of our stay. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone traveling, business or personal!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mentor
Residence Inn Cleveland Mentor
Best Western Plus Lawnfield Inn & Suites
Holiday Inn Cleveland East - Mentor
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#1 of 5 in Painesville
WoodSpring Suites Cleveland Mentor
Steele Mansion Inn & Gathering Hub

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Cleveland-Mentor? Share your experiences!