“Very Good Stay”

Residence Inn Cleveland Mentor
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Mentor
“Very Good Stay”
Reviewed 28 February 2014

I was not uses to come here on my business trips to Mentor but I remember coming here a few years back. One of the good things about is place is that room are like small appartments. The fridge is a real plus as you can store fresh products that will keep fresh. Rooms are comfortable and spacious. Breakfast is good and offers a fair selection of breakfast options. I didn't participante but they have Happy Hours frequently during the week. My only concern would be the price as you can get somehing similar(without the fridge) less expensive close by. That said, this is a very good option.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Heather P, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Cleveland Mentor, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Dear BimmerDon,

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you so much for sharing this valuable feedback, especially regarding the set-up of our rooms. Some people are not aware that Residence Inn is an all suite hotel, making travel much more comfortable.

We hope you will stay with us next time you find yourself in Mentor. We are very appreciative of each guest who walks through our doors.

Safe travels!

Heather.palentchar@interstatehotels.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 10 January 2014

This is a nice hotel in the Mentor area. I like the full kitchen and rooms. The front desk staff is very friendly. I have stayed here about 10 times and when i am in Mentor it is a nice choice. They also offer free breakfast which was pretty good. They kept the breakfast bar stocked well. The hotel is also in a good location not far from 90.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Elaine S.,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences at our hotel. We are so thrilled that you enjoyed your stay.

All feedback is always shared with our staff and we appreciate your kind words.

Thank you again for your continued loyalty to our hotel.

heather.palentchar@interstatehotels.com
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 23 December 2013

We were in town for a funeral and chose this hotel because of their 2 bedroom suites. That's a rare but wonderful feature, especially when traveling with family.

Upon check-in the front desk clerk informed us that we would receive a small discount due to the nature of our travel. It was an unexpected gesture and, in a time of grieving, those small things go a long way.

On top of that, the staff was so amazing. Kind words and friendly faces around the clock, taking time to entertain our toddler for a few moments, very understanding of all our family dynamics. Honestly, I've never experienced such warm hospitality. It was almost like staying with friends.

The great room (where breakfast is served) was very inviting with a nice fireplace. Our suite had a fireplace too. Loved it.

All and all, we were thrilled with this stay even though it was an emotional weekend for our family. I hope the staff reads this and knows that they really helped us. Thanks!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Dear HDasgupta,

I am so sorry to hear about your loss and that you were visiting us due to unfortunate circumstances.

Your feedback regarding our staff is the fuel that keeps us going. Thank you. We are very fortunate to have such caring and compassionate associates and I'm so glad that came through in the service you received.

We realize you have choices when it comes to hotels and are very grateful you gave us the opportunity to take care of you and your family. please visit us again.

With gratitude,

heather.palentchar@interstatehotels.com
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 30 October 2013

This is an average hotel. We've stayed here at least a half dozen times and our experiences have been fairly consistent with one exception. The hotel is close to my family so we continue to return when the rates are reasonable - it is often overpriced. It does have a good location convenient to Route 2. The service was very good on this visit - we stayed for 3 nights. Rooms have average accomodations but are very spacious. The beds are cheap and uncomfortable, and the HVAC return is right next to the head of the bed...so not a good place if you have trouble sleeping. Free breakfast is of good quality.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Love2Travel26x2
Good Afternoon Dawn,

First, I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us during your trip to Mentor. We truly appreciate your business.

I apologize that you did not enjoy our beds. I can tell you that they are what Marriott requires of us for brand standards but realize that everyone has different matress preferences. If you wouldn't mind, please call us and so we can determine what room you stayed in. We always check-out any complaints and will replace any worn matresses on an as needed basis.

Thank you for you kind words regarding our staff. We are very proud to have some of the best associates in this industry.

Please think of us next time you are in town.

Kindly,

Heather
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed 21 October 2013

I was hear to preside at a wedding of a couple from my home town. I arrived on a Thursday and departed on a Sunday morning. When I checked in the staff was friendly and helpful. I have some handicapped difficulties but managed to un-load the car on my own but no one at the front desk helped me to get all of the things I had packed up to the room even though there were a bunch of people standing around. I would have gladly remunerated them for their help.

When I got to the room, the heat in the room had been turned up to 88 degrees and the fan had not been turned off. I had to open the windows (which only open 1/2") and turn the A/C to 70 to get the room to cool off for 2 hours.

The room was quite large and had an oven, full size refrigerator, and one t.v. and a couch and a king sized bed. Everything worked except the desk lamp. The internet connected well.

The bed was the WORST bed I have ever slept on. It was hard as a rock and there was no way to get comfortable. I have traveled all over the world including to Third World Countries (even recently) and this bed was worse than beds in Guatemala and rural Mexico. I spent most of the two nights I slept there having back cramps, leg cramps, pain in my side (left and right). I might was well have been sleeping on concrete. I should have gotten up (in hindsight) and pulled out the sofa bed. Instead, I had two very poor nights of sleep.

On the last night of my stay, I had to get up at 6:00 a.m. to get ready to drive back to the Cleveland Airport (a 45 minute drive) and after having an awful night in the bed, I thought a good hot shower would relieve the soreness in my back from the rock hard mattress. After climbing in the shower, I turned on the water and there was just a trickle coming out of the faucet. I tried the sink, and the same story happened again. I made my way to the nightstand and called the front desk which informed me: "The entire city of Mentor had a water main break and we have no idea when it would be fixed....!"

Did they not think about putting a NOTE under every guest's door: "DEAR GUEST: WE HAVE A WATER EMERGENCY. PLEASE DO NOT DRINK THE WATER FROM THE SINK. PLEASE DO NOT USE YOUR SHOWER. THERE IS A WATER MAIN BREAK. WE DO NOT HAVE ANY INFORMATION. FOR YOUR SAFETY--DO NOT DRINK THE TAP WATER UNLESS YOU BOIL IT FOR AT LEAST ONE MINUTE!" (The rooms had ovens and stoves). Usually you have to boil water in case of a water main break.

So I got up and got dressed and packed up to depart. Again I had to load up the car in front of 5 employees using my cane. No one asked to help and no one made a move to do so.

No one apologized for the inconvenience of the water problem.

So this hotel has a good deal of potential, but the customer service definitely needs to be IMPROVED A LOT!

Room Tip: Rooms far away from elevator are less noisy.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank andrewjv1955
Heather P, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Cleveland Mentor, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Dear andrewjv1955,

First I would like to thank you for providing us with this essential feedback. It is hard for us to self-examine and move forward without this vital feedback from our valued customers like yourself.

You obviously caught us at our worst which is so unlike us and for that I sincerely apologize. As a hotel team, we have a sincere passion for customer service as well as offering a strong quality of product that has been nationally recognized by Marriott on numerous occasions. Our dedication to every guest that walks through our doors is typically very evident. I am sad that you did not experience us at our norm but rather during a bit of a hectic time trying to maintain during a local water main break.

Please know that we were informed of the water main break approximately the same time that you noticed. Our management team was notified at approximately 6:15am when the lack of water/pressure was noticed and reported by another guest. After placing a call to our local authorities, they assured us that the water was 100% safe to drink.

Because they care so much about our property, our General Manager and Chief Engineer came in their day off as soon as they received the call about the water. They, along with our front desk associates, began individually calling each room to let them know about the water main break. Unfortunately, these things happen and are completely out of our control.

I apologize for the horrible night’s rest you received due to the condition of your bed. We have been replacing the mattresses on an as needed basis and would love if you would contact the hotel directly to let us know which suite you were in. It is a bit of a challenge to please everyone’s mattress preference however if the bed is noticeably worn we will definitely replace.

In regards to the front desk team not assisting with your luggage, that is not like them as they are all very caring and compassionate people. I will definitely discuss with them that we should always offer assistance when needed. If they are unable to assist personally, we always have a maintenance person onsite that would be happy to assist.

It seems we had an "off" day and as you know, that can happen. I am so sorry that our service was not the typical five star service we always strive to deliver. Please take a minute and read the rest of the reviews on our hotel below. I hope that gives you a better idea of what you can expect from us in the future.

Should you visit Mentor again, I hope you will give us the chance to redeem ourselves. Thank you so much for staying with us. We truly appreciate your business.

Graciously,

Huron, Ohio
Reviewed 19 October 2013

We loved our stay at the Mentor Residence Inn. The check in/check out process was simple and flawless. We were made to feel right at home and the rooms were spacious and immaculate. Very quiet- did not hear a thing from our room. The pool was closed for the season but we were able to sit poolside to relax and soak in the sun. The front desk personnel were so helpful with information about area attractions and the breakfast was awesome. As a matter of fact, my husband and his fishing buddies booked the same hotel (2 room suite) 2 weeks later for a fishing trip nearby because they loved this hotel so much.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are great- they even offer "pure rooms" if needed.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Anita F,

Your review of our hotel just put a huge smile on my face! I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is great to hear that our staff truly delivered great service from check-in until check-out. Thank you for sharing!

We are so grateful for your business Anita and can't thank you enough for choosing to stay with us. I hope your husband and his fishing buddies caught some great fish!

Appreciatively,

Naples, Florida
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Great hotel if you are travelling on business. The rooms are big and clean. The hotel offers free internet access and a free breakfast with a lot of items to choose from. Unfortunately we had trouble with the internet access while we were there and they couldn't resolve it. They offer a cocktail hour on Tuesday and Thursdays with food and drink. It is in a good location with plenty of restaurants in the area.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear rloreily,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us during your trip to Mentor. We truly appreciate your business and great feedback!

I sincerely apologize for your troubles with our internet access. That day, our internet provider was remotely accessing our system and installing an update. It was not brought to our attention in advance so unfortunately, we were not able to communicate the slow down proactively to our guests.

I can assure you that the system was only slowed down for about 5 hours and we were back up and running later that day. We even increased our bandwidth to the speed is even faster than before!

Again, thank you for staying with us and we hope you will choose us next time you are in town.

Kindly,

Director of Sales
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mentor
Hampton Inn & Suites Cleveland-Mentor
Best Western Plus Lawnfield Inn & Suites
Holiday Inn Cleveland East - Mentor
Steele Mansion Inn & Gathering Hub
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#1 of 5 in Painesville
WoodSpring Suites Cleveland Mentor

Been to Residence Inn Cleveland Mentor? Share your experiences!