“A friendly place with a culture of service”

Residence Inn Cleveland Mentor
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Mentor
Fremont
“A friendly place with a culture of service”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I completed my 4th business stay here in the last 18 months. I usually book 3 rooms. I anticipate returning in the future. Clean rooms and facility, friendly staff, everything in the rooms work, good location just off the highway. There is a hot breakfast with limited menu, but the quality of the food is good. Walking distance to restaurants and fast food. A short drive to Mentor Ave where there are more dining choices.

Room Tip: Two bedroom suites are an excellent value compared to two single rooms. Each bedroom has it own bat...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Lauri S, General Manager at Residence Inn Cleveland Mentor, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Hi there, Thanks so much for writing a review of our hotel letting others know of our great friendly culture. We have an amazing group of people here that share my passion for customer service and I am thrilled that it is getting noticed.
I am also happy to hear that you were able to enjoy our complimentary full hot/cold breakfast. We do our best to switch our made to order items up a bit to offer some alternative options. I will say, our make your own Belgium waffles complete with full selection of toppings is the best. As I am in breakfast greeting our guest I have seen some pretty amazing waffle combo's, from healthy with strawberries and chopped pecans to full blown "dessert for breakfast" waffles complete with chocolate chips, choc syrup, strawberries and whip cream.
I am also happy to hear that our two bedroom suite offered the space and amenities that also enhanced your overall experience.
Take care and the entire team looks forward to having you as our guests once again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Washington DC
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Not the first time at the property but the best! Arrived after a long road trip and was really grumpy. Front desk manager and staff ignored my rudeness and got me settled quickly into what proved to be the nicest Residence Inn suite I've had in a long time - perfect for my needs of the evening. Later family arrived for a visit and we were able to linger in the lobby area - had it to ourselves since the hospitality hour was over. It was delightful.

Next morning I got great directions back to Cleveland to pick up a "special deli" order for my husband and then I was on my way.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
FormerChicagoGal, We understand that when a guest enters our doors they may have had a challenging day. It is our job to assist in removing your "Road Warrior Armor" to allow you room to breath and relax. I am happy to hear that our Front Office Manager and team were able to assist in getting you settled quickly. Thanks for spreading the good word about our pretty darn amazing team here.
Hope to see you back soon
Chagrin Falls, Ohio
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

I was here for 3 nights with the family during a recruiting trip. The 2 bedroom suite is perfect for a family as our infant was able to get sleep while the toddler played. They have a pack and play available and give you a little set of baby toiletries (baby wash, etc) which was a nice touch. The hotel was quiet despite a large group of college students. Breakfast was just okay. Overall the room was spacious and clean and even had a fire place. I would stay here again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Greetings Hopels,
Thanks so much for telling everyone of our great Two Bedroom suite. It is the only one like in our entire county and does offer the space and privacy especially traveling with kids. Because Kids are people too, they also receive their very own amenity pack. I am also pleased to hear that you had a quiet and enjoyable stay even with a large sports team with us. We do our best to ensure that everyone has a relaxing visit.
I sincerely apologize that our full complementary breakfast didn't thoroughly meet your needs. We do offer a rather large selection of hot and cold items to try an offer something for every taste. I am definitely noting concerns that come through regarding our breakfast selections and will pass on to Marriott for feedback on upcoming breakfast changes.
Take care and we hope to see you back soon.
Provincetown, Massachusetts
Reviewed 5 May 2014

After staying in 4 months of hotels, we were shocked at the teamwork and outstanding service provided by Cindy Stoddard, the Front Office Manager. We saw her at check-in one evening and she was friendly as what would be expected. However, the following AM at the complimentary breakfast buffet, there was a large group of college students everywhere. Cindy was there to assist the food servers that morning, and with a friendly smile went to all the guests to check on how their morning was. In addition she was there to keep the food counter clean, went around to pick up empty cups & plates and cleaned tables. She thanked the guests for staying there too. What an asset this hotel has. Lastly, we went to check out and asked the front desk clerk who that lady was, and she handed us her business card and told us that she was great to work for. Sometimes, upper management needs to hear positives in lieu of the negatives they normally deal with. This attitude begins at the top of the organization and this management is fortunately to have Cindy on their staff.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
StanSylvain,
Thank you so very much for highlighting our Front Office Manager, Cindy. She has been with us for over 10 years and truly has the passion for customer service. We have always strived as a team to jump in when necessary, regardless of department, to assist. "It's not our job" will never be heard at this hotel. We definitely have a unique atmosphere because of this amazing teamwork and you are certainly correct, it starts from the top.
Thanks for sharing and we hope to have you back as our guest soon.
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I usually try to avoid hotels with pets, but in this case I was limited in time to find a good hotel. There was no pet odor, the hotel was clean and very quiet. The breakfast selection was did not vary much from day to day, but it was fresh. There is a movie theater, a homedepot, sams club and variety of restaurants in the immediate area (walking distance). The beds were on the medium to firm side.

Room Tip: The two bedroom suite is great for kids.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Heather P, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Cleveland Mentor, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Dear Adam C.,

I am so glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you so much for sharing!

We hope you choose to stay with us the next time you visit from Florida.

Kindly,

Davis
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Stayed here for a week while attending the NCAA swim meet in Geneva, OH. This Residence Inn was nicer than some I've stayed in, and overall a very enjoyable stay. I didn't find the hotel staff as helpful and friendly as other reviewers have mentioned. I checked in and maybe talked to them once or twice the entire week I was there. I did notice a strange charge on my account but they were very quick to explain it to me, and the problem was resolved immediately. My stay was during a snow storm and the power went off for a couple hours. I made my way from my room through a semi-dark hallway (lit with an occasional sconce which I assumed ran by generator). It was difficult to find the stairway to get to the lobby. I thought it strange that none of the staff said anything about the power outage, even went I went downstairs. Other guests and I were just guessing what was going on, but staff never updated us or gave us any indication when the power might come back. I asked for a flashlight and they did provide me with a large one that worked very well. Overall, I liked the location near several eating establishments, and close to downtown Mentor which has lots of shopping and restaurants. Easy access to freeways.

Room Tip: Upstairs near the front is quiet
Green Features: They have the usual cards about not changing towels or sheets, otherwise, nothing. No recycle containers in room.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Hello Princesspanda56,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your experience at our hotel. I hope you enjoyed your time at Spire. What a beautiful facility!

I'd like to apologize for any inconvenience the power outage caused you during your stay. Unfortunately, in the past few months, the Mentor area has experienced 2 city-wide power outages that were out of our control.

You comments regarding the staff are well noted. We are very passionate about providing the best service possible and I'm sorry that you did not feel they went above and beyond. We do share each review at our morning meetings and use them as a tools to improve our service.

Thank you and we hope you will visit us again on your next trip to Spire.

Many thanks,

Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

Loved almost everything about his hotel! My room was gigantic, staff was helpful and friendly, place was clean and well-maintained. Unfortunately my room faced the highway which was close enough that car noises were loud at night. Also the furnace was right next to the bed and it wasn't whisper quiet either. But never heard a peep from the room next to me or in the hallway. And everything else was great!

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Good day Torjob,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at our property. We truly appreciate your kind words regarding our staff and hotel.

Next time you find yourself in Mentor, please let me know and I'd be happy to ensure that you receive an interior room away from the highway.

Thank you again and we are very grateful you chose to stay with us.

Graciously,

Director of Sales
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mentor
Hampton Inn & Suites Cleveland-Mentor
Best Western Plus Lawnfield Inn & Suites
Holiday Inn Cleveland East - Mentor
Steele Mansion Inn & Gathering Hub
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#1 of 5 in Painesville
WoodSpring Suites Cleveland Mentor

Been to Residence Inn Cleveland Mentor? Share your experiences!