“Nice, clean suite; good breakfast; pet friendly”

Residence Inn Cleveland Mentor
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Mentor
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Friendly staff, clean hotel, pet friendly suites. There is a pet cleaning charge of about $60 regardless of length of stay. Their complimentary breakfast is better than most with fresh hot oatmeal, muffins, fruit, juice, scrambled eggs and a few other hot items. Full size refrigerator with a prolific ice maker are nice to have even if you do not choose to cook. There is also a Lake Erie College discount but unfortunately it is not always available.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Lauri S, General Manager at Residence Inn Cleveland Mentor, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to inform other travelers of your experience. We truly have an amazing team that certainly has a passion for service and yes, we welcome four legged fur babies as well :) Our non refundable Pet Fee of $75 allows us the opportunity to deep clean all suites once the family and pet have checked out. This extra cleaning and care that we put into all of our pet rooms ensures that we protect future guests as well as future pets that may check into that very same room. I am happy that you had a chance to enjoy our complimentary breakfast. There definitely is a wide variety of selections. Even if you choose not to cook in your suite, having the full size refrigerator is a plus to house snacks and drinks during your time with us.
Thanks again for the response and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

We had a two bedroom suite. They do a great job at designing these so that the bedrooms are at opposite sides and each have their own bathroom. Very nice, comfortable and private. However, the walls between the suite next to us were very thin and we could hear the people in their bedroom. Uhg! Not a good nights sleep.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Lauri S, General Manager at Residence Inn Cleveland Mentor, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Greetings MaryB, I would first like to thank you for choosing the Residence Inn by Marriott - Mentor, Ohio has your temporary "Home away from Home." I sincerely apologize that you were unable to enjoy a restful nights sleep due to the activities of your neighbors. That certainly is not the impression that I want to leave when you think of our hotel. Our entire team is so focused on delivering "Service so Memorable our guests tell stories about it" that when we receive this type of feedback it deflates us a bit. I truly hope that you will come back and visit us if/when you return to Mentor. On a positive note; we are gearing up for a full renovation that begins the first of October. We are very excited for the upcoming changes and hope that you will come back to visit us to see the wonderful updates.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Good value for money. Rooms are very clean and spacious. It has a kitchen with a full size fridge to cook meals or for properly reheating leftovers. No issues at check in and dinning room staff was very nice. I like their hot food choices. The only issues was its proximity to Rt 2, especially if you end up with a room on the west side facing the highway. My room was only about 50 feet away from the on-ramp to Rt 2 East and there is quite a bit of truck traffic early in the morning. They serve light meals on Tuesdays and Thursdays evening. There are a few places to eat within walking distance or you will find even more choices if you head south on Heisley Road to Mentor Avenue.

Room Tip: Request a room away from highway to reduce road noise. Or request a room on the east end of the hot...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Greetings RITiger,
Thanks so much for taking the time to post your comments regarding your experience at our hotel. I am thrilled that you highlighted our Clean Rooms and Friendly Staff. We have an amazing group of people, many with 10+ years at this hotel, that truly care about this hotel and the guests that stay with us. They take pride in their work and I am thrilled that you noticed. Our two bedroom suites are perfect for families as well as 2 couples or even 2 coworkers. Each bedroom offers total privacy complete with their own bathroom. I am happy to see that this suite type worked great for you.
Thanks again and hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I completed my 4th business stay here in the last 18 months. I usually book 3 rooms. I anticipate returning in the future. Clean rooms and facility, friendly staff, everything in the rooms work, good location just off the highway. There is a hot breakfast with limited menu, but the quality of the food is good. Walking distance to restaurants and fast food. A short drive to Mentor Ave where there are more dining choices.

Room Tip: Two bedroom suites are an excellent value compared to two single rooms. Each bedroom has it own bat...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Hi there, Thanks so much for writing a review of our hotel letting others know of our great friendly culture. We have an amazing group of people here that share my passion for customer service and I am thrilled that it is getting noticed.
I am also happy to hear that you were able to enjoy our complimentary full hot/cold breakfast. We do our best to switch our made to order items up a bit to offer some alternative options. I will say, our make your own Belgium waffles complete with full selection of toppings is the best. As I am in breakfast greeting our guest I have seen some pretty amazing waffle combo's, from healthy with strawberries and chopped pecans to full blown "dessert for breakfast" waffles complete with chocolate chips, choc syrup, strawberries and whip cream.
I am also happy to hear that our two bedroom suite offered the space and amenities that also enhanced your overall experience.
Take care and the entire team looks forward to having you as our guests once again.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Not the first time at the property but the best! Arrived after a long road trip and was really grumpy. Front desk manager and staff ignored my rudeness and got me settled quickly into what proved to be the nicest Residence Inn suite I've had in a long time - perfect for my needs of the evening. Later family arrived for a visit and we were able to linger in the lobby area - had it to ourselves since the hospitality hour was over. It was delightful.

Next morning I got great directions back to Cleveland to pick up a "special deli" order for my husband and then I was on my way.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

FormerChicagoGal, We understand that when a guest enters our doors they may have had a challenging day. It is our job to assist in removing your "Road Warrior Armor" to allow you room to breath and relax. I am happy to hear that our Front Office Manager and team were able to assist in getting you settled quickly. Thanks for spreading the good word about our pretty darn amazing team here.
Hope to see you back soon

Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

I was here for 3 nights with the family during a recruiting trip. The 2 bedroom suite is perfect for a family as our infant was able to get sleep while the toddler played. They have a pack and play available and give you a little set of baby toiletries (baby wash, etc) which was a nice touch. The hotel was quiet despite a large group of college students. Breakfast was just okay. Overall the room was spacious and clean and even had a fire place. I would stay here again.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Greetings Hopels,
Thanks so much for telling everyone of our great Two Bedroom suite. It is the only one like in our entire county and does offer the space and privacy especially traveling with kids. Because Kids are people too, they also receive their very own amenity pack. I am also pleased to hear that you had a quiet and enjoyable stay even with a large sports team with us. We do our best to ensure that everyone has a relaxing visit.
I sincerely apologize that our full complementary breakfast didn't thoroughly meet your needs. We do offer a rather large selection of hot and cold items to try an offer something for every taste. I am definitely noting concerns that come through regarding our breakfast selections and will pass on to Marriott for feedback on upcoming breakfast changes.
Take care and we hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

After staying in 4 months of hotels, we were shocked at the teamwork and outstanding service provided by Cindy Stoddard, the Front Office Manager. We saw her at check-in one evening and she was friendly as what would be expected. However, the following AM at the complimentary breakfast buffet, there was a large group of college students everywhere. Cindy was there to assist the food servers that morning, and with a friendly smile went to all the guests to check on how their morning was. In addition she was there to keep the food counter clean, went around to pick up empty cups & plates and cleaned tables. She thanked the guests for staying there too. What an asset this hotel has. Lastly, we went to check out and asked the front desk clerk who that lady was, and she handed us her business card and told us that she was great to work for. Sometimes, upper management needs to hear positives in lieu of the negatives they normally deal with. This attitude begins at the top of the organization and this management is fortunately to have Cindy on their staff.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

StanSylvain,
Thank you so very much for highlighting our Front Office Manager, Cindy. She has been with us for over 10 years and truly has the passion for customer service. We have always strived as a team to jump in when necessary, regardless of department, to assist. "It's not our job" will never be heard at this hotel. We definitely have a unique atmosphere because of this amazing teamwork and you are certainly correct, it starts from the top.
Thanks for sharing and we hope to have you back as our guest soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mentor
Hampton Inn & Suites Cleveland-Mentor
Best Western Plus Lawnfield Inn & Suites
Holiday Inn Cleveland East - Mentor
Steele Mansion Inn & Gathering Hub
WoodSpring Suites Cleveland Mentor
Red Roof Inn Cleveland East - Willoughby

Been to Residence Inn Cleveland Mentor? Share your experiences!