“Smelly and dirty with unfriendly staff”

and 1 more site!
Studio 6 Cleveland - Mentor
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Mentor
Cleveland, Ohio
“Smelly and dirty with unfriendly staff”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2012

All the rooms of this hotel that we checked smelled off from cigarettes, despite the non-smoking policy declared. Even new bed linen that I got had the smell of smoke, probably someone who's doing their laundry bother to add his own odor.
The room we got was very dirty. My wife had to clean it herself several times, and only threats that we'll leave for another hotel convinced the manager to send somebody to switch the smelly curtains and remove the fungus that was growing on the kitchen floor.
The cleaners do us a favor when they show up once a week and "clean", forget to leave new bags for trash, not going over the floor, etc. Very sloppy maintenance.

The operating responsible wanted us to pay only for the first two weeks, even though we ordered for a month. Once the two weeks were off, she called me to let me know that I'm locked out of my room and I must come and pay immediately. I would expect a proper notice a day in advance rather than such a treatment. It would have been the same effort for her, but different attitude and much better feeling for us.

The A/C either freezes us when the outside temperature is moderate, or does nothing when it's hot. And yes, we know how to setup the temperature of the A/C. Also, there is no way to turn this thing completely off, only change modes and fan speed.

I don't think that low budget hotel must mean stinking and dirty hotel, because we checked others in the area. The only thing that kept us here is the fact that we have a pet and needed to have a kitchenette.

Room Tip: Rooms can't be guaranteed in advance, there is no way to pre-order a specific room If you are a...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Gadi W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Afton, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2012

the kitchen and full size fridge saved me tons of cash while in the area working, the price around 260.00 a week . again motel 6 hit a home run for me!!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank tom e
mentor
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2011

It's good for a night or to,don't stay longer.The assistant manager goes through your room when she wants just because & doesn't tell you.Alot of drug bust,noise they won't take care of because of money.They don't treat emplyees the same,1 was told if she took her day off they'd cut her hours.She's very nice to customers,so both manager watch her.1 lives there & the other will spend the night there to see if she talks to guests.You can't get any thing you need after 8pm,even toleit paper.One guests heat wouldn't work & their reply was she doesn't need it yet.If she doesn't like it she can leave.My socks got dirty on the carpet like i was outside.Places might be cheap but you deserve better try Value Place in Mentor off Hiesely Rd. very secure & CLEAN.

Room Tip: sk for a quite arera,make sure you can walk with out dirting your socks.Some units have noisey heat...
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank mcushman
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2011

Ok, the staff manager at the desk was nice. Just barely nice though. Nothing extra special. Then we got into our "nonsmoking" room and it smelled so strong of some blend of too much air freshener and old smoke. Then our eyes were drawn to the sitting chair. Covered in dark, old, glaring stains! I mean huge stains! We couldnt believe they would just leave a chair like that in the room. (if they leave obvious stains laying around, what about the stuff we cant see?!?!) Thats when we realized that the management at this location simply does not care. I was still planning to suck it up, when I noticed how hot it was. I went to turn on the AC only to find it was already on and blowing hot air. We called the front desk to explain it was broken. When there was no offer to take care of it, we asked to check out and got a refund. Dont stay here unless you are really broke and desperate.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Sillyhay6
Miami, FL
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2011

I had to stay for 7 days in this hotel. To put it midly, the place needs to be demolished. We arrived and the air conditioner did not work, so they moved us to another room and that air conditioner did not work either. By this time, it was 12pm and we were exhausted so we had no choice but to stay in the very warm room. The next day, the only available room with a working AC was a smoking room. The stench of stale cigarettes was terrible but I chose that over being hot, so we had no choice but to take it. In the three rooms we went through, the rug was disgusting, the bedspreads torn and the bathrooms were straight out of the Bates Motel. We had no internet access even though the staff told us numerous times it was available. And don't get me started about the other patrons surrounding us. I felt as if they were filming Cops and expected a drug/prostitution raid at any moment. The only positive was that the people at the front desk really were very nice and the laundry room was clean and efficient. Even if this was the last hotel on earth, I would not return, I would rather sleep in my car...

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank JA-Family
mentor
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2011

I think you should check rooms when it's hot to make sure the air is on & working when u know a coustomer is checking in that day.Make sure it has everything,they shouldn't have to buy dish soap if they do put that on your list.A roll of paper towels might be nice maybe put 6 garbage bags under the sink.Plus some extra pillows with some more TV channles.I mean really it's 196.00 for 4 days.Then i think maybe someone should patrol this place.I head kids next to me with no adult.Every night about 7pm it started banging on the wall,my head viberated,then the pounding onthe door.Then people from the other hotel coming over with beer.Then they would be standing outside my door talking loud smoking.I did call the front desk & nothing changed.There is no excuse for this those kids were under age & if i would of called the cops at least 8 of them would of gone to jail.Thats why your front desk couldn't reach the uncle there was none.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank mcushman
huntington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2011

We were searching for a place to stay, while in the Cleveland area. My neice is familiar with Mentor and suggested that we look there for overnight accomodations. We stopped at other hotels and did not like their rates and handicapped rooms. We found you and liked your location and the prices very much. The personnel were very accomodating and we were given a handicapped, smoking room, which is what we requested. Our suite was clean and we had the amenities of a stove top, refrigerator, dishes and TV. The only problem that we had, the beds are like sleeping on a concrete pad and the pillows were very hard as well. HOWEVER, We are traveling up to that area this January and would not consider any other hotel. We made a reservation for the 11th, for an overnight stay. Overall, this is a very nice and clean hotel and the noise level is not much at all and is not an interupting factor at all. The personnel are very helpful and knowledgable if you need help.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank d0br0
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mentor
Red Roof Inn Cleveland East - Willoughby
Holiday Inn Cleveland East - Mentor
Best Western Plus Lawnfield Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#1 of 5 in Painesville
Motel 6 Cleveland-Willoughby
WoodSpring Suites Cleveland Mentor

Been to Studio 6 Cleveland - Mentor? Share your experiences!