“Very good food, although a little expensive”
Review of Panera Bread

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Panera Bread
Ranked #117 of 189 Restaurants in Mentor
Reviewed 4 September 2012

Have eaten at this location multiple times. Food is always good and facility is clean. Only complaint is that some time ago they changed recipies for chicken noodle soup. The old one was much, much better.

Reviewed 22 May 2012

Yesterday I was at Panera's in Mentor - placed my order and went to the restroom to wash my hands. From out of the handicap stall came an employee with a dirty bandaged hand. She exited the stall and proceeded to walk out of the bathroom. I asker her, "shouldn't you wash your hands?" She looked at me as if I were nuts. She replied, "I didn't use the bathroom, I just changed the toilet paper roll." And then she walked out and immediately pushed open the kitchen door and entered the kitchen. I asked to speak to the manager, Mark. I told him what happened and again he gave me the same blank look as the toilet paper/kitchen girl. So I actually had to explain basic hand hygiene and public safety to him. She may not have been wiping her behind - but she was touching the toilet paper roll, the door handles, etc. And the filthy bandage on her hand was surely capable of harboring some kind of nasty bacteria. Then she wandered back in to the kitchen to handle who knows what! "I'll speak to her" was Mark's response. I watched as he walked into the kitchen and walked out without speaking to anyone. This is how the public is exposed to germs, bacteria, ecoli, etc. This lack of protocol and common sense is a public health menace and I AM contacting Panera corporate and the State of Ohio Health Department. I Will NOT eat there again. It's called "Dangerous Dining" and I encourage readers to be on the lookout for this kind of irresponsible behavior. Shame on the nonchalant manager Mark for allowing employees to do double duty!

3  Thank coolmommy101
Reviewed 1 May 2012

Our family used to hit Panera every Saturday for lunch. It was our weekend ritual. We have since moved and the closest one is 45 minutes away. Loved the two Mentor locations. Food is always fresh and tasty and the bakery items are always excellent. Wished we had one closer to us.

Reviewed 31 March 2011

I go to Panera in many different areas and usually the employees are upbeat, positive and friendly. NOT IN MENTOR, OH!! A previous poster commented upon one of the employees by name. I couldn't agree more. There is no acknowledgement of customers as they are standing in line. You won't a smile and the employees are downright surly. I could get this kind of service at White Castle. I expect Panera to be a little bit better. They usually are, but not at this location.

1  Thank dspindler
Reviewed 22 December 2010

usually have had good experiences with this place, however I visited them December 22nd at 9:37am and my cashier was this woman named "Lisa" in a Santa hat. She treated me like a piece of scum, scowled at me, and even seemed angry. I don't know how a single woman could in 3 minutes undo 2 years of Panera loyalty, but she managed to. I won't be going back!

1  Thank owenslife21