“Still just a chain”

Ranked #96 of 186 Restaurants in Mentor
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We hadn't been to a Red Lobster in decades but were lured back by their lobster ads on TV. What you see isn't necessarily what you get. Service was very slow and food was just barely warm when served, and the place wasn't busy at all (maybe that should have been a clue when we walked in?). Their scampi were just jumbo shrimp. My baked potato was not warm enough to melt butter. Atmosphere was dark and dingy. Probably won't be back for another 10 years.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

we haven't been to a red lobster in years. we used to be regulars but stopped because quality went down. got a gift card as a present so thought we'd try it. was pleasantly surprised. Might go there again.Food was good and plentiful.

Reviewed 11 September 2013

My daughter and I visited this restaurant today because I wanted lobster and thought this would satisfy my craving. After this lunch, I don't think I will want lobster ever again. Service was totally lacking. Our waitress never returned to our table until we tracked her down. When the food was brought out, the food runner tried to deliver it to two other tables despite my trying to stop her. The lobster was not hot but it was overcooked and it was served without butter. When I tracked the server down to inquire about the butter she merely said she would bring some. The butter improved the lobster a bit but not to justify the price of this meal. I might mention we were there at 2pm on a Wednesday and the restaurant was not full or extra busy. No excuse for treating customers with indifference when there are so many restaurants in this area. I did not complain to the manager because I did not want to be patronized. I did ask the hostess to convey my thoughts that they need to review the customer service the wait staff should provide. All in all, it is a chain and it is probably hit or miss with service and food quality.

1  Thank 4Wombat
Reviewed 11 December 2012

I really enjoy this restaurant. Food is always hot and is presented very nicely. We usually go on Sunday after church at 1pm and rarely do we have a long wait (40 min. at most for us). Our church is about 7 miles from Red Lobster so we are arriving right at their busiest time.
Parking is tight sometimes and I do feel a few more handicapped spaces would be beneficial. I usually get dropped off under the portico so I guess that is good enough. Great restaurant overall.

1  Thank lori c
Reviewed 25 October 2012

We enjoy going to Red Lobster, but our visits were limited because we have a vegetarian in our group and, up until they introduced their Maine Stays entrees, there wasn't anything he could order. The new veggie main course is just grilled vegetables over rice pilaf, but it's a start. In case you're wondering, we had asked in the past if they could make any of the pasta dishes without the non-vegetarian friendly items and were told this wasn't possible. Hope they add more vegetarian items soon!

4  Thank suec440