“Loved It”

Holiday Inn Cleveland East - Mentor
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Mentor
Reviewed 6 July 2013

Clean, great beds, quiet, refrigerator with small freezer, microwave, free internet connection. Bring your own facial tissue as non was provided. No Continental breakfast but hotel has a restaurant on site. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
ENemecek, Manager at Holiday Inn Cleveland East - Mentor, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Thank you for your recent feedback on your stay. We strive to always exceed guests expectations and I'm sorry we fell short on that goal. We have had a few nights that have had sports teams which sold out the hotel, that is the main cause for the noise levels. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope you chose to stay with us in the future.

Elizabeth Nemecek
Asst. General Manager

Reviewed 5 July 2013

Hotel was recently renovated & rooms were quite nice. However to turn on the TV and see a crappy picture was disappointing. Image was not HD quality, very blurry. Like watching old analog TV on flat screen.

Surprising, because most hotels now have HD TV.

Other than that, room was ok, a little noisy.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Cleveland East - Mentor, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2013

Dear Donna G,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I'm very sorry you were not satisfied with the condition of the TV set. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Ferdinand G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 2 July 2013

Stayed here also for work training and cant think of a single complaint! First of all the lady that checked me in was excellent! She was friendly, informative and seemed to genuinely care. The lobby was new and the décor was modern and clean. The room I had was a two room suite w a mini fridge, sink, living room w a sofa sleeper and a bedroom with two double beds. The beds were perfectly comfortable, the room was clean and cozy and I thoroughly enjoyed my stay!

Also I always ask the staff for recommendations at any hotel I stay at. They definitely delivered, recommending a great little restaurant on some water, which is precisely what I asked for!

I can tell that in good time, this will be one of the top hotels in this area!

Reviewed 29 June 2013

I stayed here for a training meeting. From what I understand, it used to be a Comfort Inn and had gone through some renovations. The lobby was very pretty and modern. I enjoyed the spaces to lounge. They had my Gold Priority Club Rewards number on file and did a good job at making me feel valued. I want to make a special recognition for Sonya in the restaurant. I wasn't feeling very well and she took extra care of me. (I ordered something and it didn't quite sit well with my upset tummy. She took it back and got me some soup that I was able to eat) She was kind and personable. She is definitely an asset to your team.
The only thing that I didn't like was the pillows. I had a king bed with 4 tiny, little pillows. really out of scale. Also, not a problem but when I walked into the room, it was set to 64 degrees. BRRRR!! It warmed up but it just seems wasteful to have it so cold in there.
Overall, a nice stay. Kudos to your team!

Reviewed 16 June 2013

I stayed in the hotel when it was Comfort Inn. Had to come for business and stayed in the Holiday Inn Express. The cost was more expensive than before and everything was state of the art. I got up in the morning and expected to have some type of breakfast before I had to report to work. I could not believe that at the price I paid for the room, they wanted to charge additional money for the breakfast. The only thing free was coffee out of one coffee pot. You need to refocus from the tech and glamor in the rooms and provide a breakfast to you guest at no additional cost.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Cleveland East - Mentor, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2013

Dear truckguy,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and comments regarding your experience with us. I am sorry for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay and regret we fell short of your expectations regarding breakfast. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to continually monitor and improve the service and quality we offer.

While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 21 May 2013 via mobile

The renovations are very close to completion. The room I was in was great. The problam I had was too much noise in the hall of and maintence room at 5:30am. Looks like the staff is still learning the new processes but still friendly. The breakfast buffet will eventually be pretty good. I liked the individual TVs in the booths.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Cdav2TX
Reviewed 14 May 2013

This hotel was renovated and changed from a Comfort Inn to Holiday Inn in April 2103. Nice Job on the renovations (I previously stayed there when a Comfort Inn). The lobby is clean and brand new as are the sleeping rooms. The staff was very courteous and helpful and had the meeting room all set up for my client. It is convenient for I-90 travelers as it is less than two miles from the Interstate and close enough to Cleveland to make it a stay if visiting or doing business in Cleveland. I will be staying there again when business calls me to that area. Kudos to management and staff.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank scottop
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mentor
2 mi away
Best Western Plus Lawnfield Inn & Suites
Residence Inn Cleveland Mentor
Hampton Inn & Suites Cleveland-Mentor
Red Roof Inn Cleveland East - Willoughby
Courtyard Cleveland Willoughby
Stonehill Hotel & Suites Cleveland- Eastlake

Been to Holiday Inn Cleveland East - Mentor? Share your experiences!