“Great clean hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Mentor
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Great clean hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013 via mobile

Love the Hotel located next to a lot of restaurants,a sports bar, Red Lobster, Arby's, Bob Evans, Quaker Steak and Lube, and try Melts on top of hill (featured on travel channel). The mall is right down the street. If you exit hotel and turn right, go all the way to the end and there is a park on Lake Erie that has wonderful sunsets and little beach you can go in water ( but don't go in water) I was upgraded to the 2 room suite and was very spacious. The parking lot in back had chains up so I could not park my truck. That would be my only complaint. I was able to park it on side street but the back parking lot was not even used the entire stay. Good job on upgrades, I was quite impressed, as a Platinum member, I stay at holiday inns a lot

Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
ENemecek, Manager at Holiday Inn Cleveland East - Mentor, responded to this review, 30 August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give us such a positive review. after a 5.7 million dollar renovation, we are very proud of the results and love to hear when are guests expectations have been met. We will definitely look into the back parking situation and we hope you stay with us again in the future.

Assistant General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2013

This hotel had nowhere to go but up from the Comfort Inn it used to be. The property is updated and modern. The rooms are nice and clean and the staff is friendly and helpful. I love having the fan running in the room as that is how I sleep at home. If it is too quiet in the room, I will wake up to every noise in the hotel. This was perfect for me. The price was reasonable and the breakfast at Krave was good. I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank JFab_11
ENemecek, Manager at Holiday Inn Cleveland East - Mentor, responded to this review, 26 August 2013
Thank you so much for your positive review. We are so proud of the property that we have become. After a 5.7 million dollar renovation we are glad to see that our guests are enjoying all of the changes that have occured. I am equally happy to hear that you had an enjoyable experience in our on-site restuarant KRAVE. Thank you again for your comments, we hope you stay with us again in the future.

Bettendorf
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2013

Newly remodeled, clean, comfortable beds and pillows, thick towels.
The fan in the ventilation system in our room was very noisy.
If you want breakfast to be included with the room you will pay more, but, we weren't told this when the reservation was made.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your recent comments. We are glad that you enjoyed your guest room experience and liked the new linen and pillows along with the decor in the room. Thank you for keeping us informed of the noise from the fan, we are working to correct that issue. As a full service hotel we do not provide Complimentary Breakfast, however we do have breakfast packages available or if you are an IHG Rewards member we do offer coupons to use in our restaurant. I apologize that wasn't explained during the reservation process. We do hope you decide to stay with us again in the future, we thank you for your feedback.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2013 via mobile

Great hotel. 0 problems. very clean rooms, friendly staff would stay again. They do not have a breakfast but do have an onsite place to pick up a breakfast. Cost around 9. It is on the outskirts of Cleveland Ohio we picked this one because we're heading up to Niagara Falls and didn't want to have to deal with Cleveland traffic in the AM.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank stjoemo1
ENemecek, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Cleveland East - Mentor, responded to this review, 31 July 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn Mentor. We have put a lot of money into renovations and I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We work hard to keep our staff friendly and accomadating and it was nice to hear that they met your expectations. We hope you stay with us again in the future.

MA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

This hotel was very clean and comfortable. Overall a good stay. Unfortunately we had booked the hotel to be able to use the hot tub for the relief of back issues while traveling rather than staying with family nearby. The hot tub was not operational at the time of our visit due to a broken seal so we were unable to use it. The pool was very clean and heated so I did swim a lot to help.

If you are looking for a clean, quiet room this will fit the bill. if you are looking to be able to use the hot tub make sure to call to ensure it is fixed before booking.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your recent review. We strive to give excellent service and an overall great experience to all of our guests. I do apologize that our Hot Tub was not working during your visit. I can assure you that it has been fixed and now is operational. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope that you use us again in the future.

Dayton, Ohio, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

More bad than good on this stay.

On the good side, the staff is faultlessly pleasant. The desk clerks, housekeeping, and bartender brightened my day with their cheerfulness. The rooms are standard, appointed like you'd expect a mid-range hotel room, and having standard mini-fridge and a nice microwave was a big plus.

So much on the bad side though.

Basic housekeeping seems underdone. Many surfaces in the room were dusty, not horribly but still visibly. Some of the room corners have ugly white plastic protectors glued to them, and one of ours had been ripped off and was lying along the wall. The beds were made wrong, both dust-ruffles tucked in with the sheets.

The free wireless internet is nice, but on my first attempt I could not access the main server and wound up on a secondary one that was weak as a sick kitten--I kept having to re-connect. In the morning I was able to log in to the better server and things were fine.

It's not comforting to see a print-out taped to the third floor elevator panel that says "HOLD UP BUTTON IN UNTIL ELEVATOR ARRIVES"--and it seems that only elevator #2 was working at all. I had visions of having to hump my luggage down two flights.

I did not use the in-house restaurant, Krave, but my wife and some of her relatives tried the breakfast buffet. It was utterly abominable. They ran out of eggs for a quarter-hour. Service was glacially slow, items ordered never arrived, people got comped for bad service, and some actually left without paying because they waited an hour and didn't get a check. Somebody needs to march up to that manager and crack some heads!

All in all, this has potential to be a really good hotel. But at present, much of that potential is unrealized. I did find the room comfy and I slept well, but I don't think I'm giving them a "C" score on the basis of nothing but my mood--they're really missing the boat on many essentials.

Room Tip: Go for one in the back to avoid road noise--and room 306 has a window view of the back of heir carpo...