“Pretty good...especially for the price ”

Holiday Inn Cleveland East - Mentor
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Mentor
Reviewed 7 January 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed her over Christmas for six nights. We are originally from the area and liked to location. It has plenty of restaurants around, a mall down the street and easy access to route 2 and 90. We booked our room for $88 a night and we felt it was a great value. The first room we were given had a coffee stain on the blanket and Chris at the front desk promptly moved us to the king deluxe next door. The only issue we had during our stay was two young girls running up and down the hallway at 1am. A call to the front desk was made and the noise stopped immediately. The rooms have been redecorated since comfort inn and they are much improved. Our only complaint is the bed was rather uncomfortable to us. We will be staying here during out future visits home.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
ENemecek, Manager at Holiday Inn Cleveland East - Mentor, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Thank you for your feedback of your past stay with us. We are sorry there were some small issues during your stay, but so happy that our staff met your expectations in fixing any issues. I am happy to hear that we will be your choice hotel when coming to the Mentor area. We look forward to your future visits.

Hotel Management

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Cleveland East - Mentor

Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

We made a last minute getaway it was very nice. Everything was clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful. The restaurant food was very good and the prices fair. We didn't have time to check out the pool or exercise room but I'm sure it's just as nice as the rest of the facilities.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your positive feedback. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay including the restaurant. We hope to have you back in the future.

Reviewed 22 November 2013

I must say the new renovations are great and all that I have heard about the rooms is very positive and the bar at Rave was very bright and modern. One glaring problem is their banquet service. I recently attended a large function of some 250 people and when we went to get our lunch at the buffet area I was shocked at the poor quality of the food, that is what food was still left. The two pastas and sauces were bland and were about all that was left except from very limp and wet vegetables and a few marble sized meatballs. We were the lucky ones as many people were turned away as they ran out of food completely. The walls of this large room are blank and some pictures or other decorations would go a long way to enhance the atmosphere of this room. Because this facility is newly renovated it is my hope that they are able to resolve their banquet facility issues as it appears the rest of the hotel operation is running quite well.

Room Tip: There are numerous choices for restaurants within walking distance and great shopping within a mile...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank TrekingNow
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Cleveland East - Mentor, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2013

Dear Ray K,

Thank you for your valuable review. We are glad to read you found our renovations commendable. As we continually strive for excellence in customer service, we maintain the ideal of keeping guest satisfaction as our top priority. I am sorry to hear that we failed to meet your expectation on this particular occasion and apologize for any inconvenience you encountered due to the level of service received and food selections that was served. Comments such as yours permit us to target areas of concern and take the necessary steps where great attention will be paid to the matter.

Thank you again for your feedback. We hope that you will afford us another opportunity to show how great our hotel is.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

We were going to be a late arrival to this Holiday Inn recently coming from out of town. I called ahead and got Freddie on the phone. Though we were staying on points, Freddie was very helpful to find us a suite that allowed our family to stay comfortably. She was an awesome hotel representative focused on customer satisfaction. Due to the great room she held for us, we stayed again at the hotel a couple nights later when traveling back through. The hotel was clean and comfortable. The only thing that could have been better would be more help with the cost of breakfast or better perks for IHG platinum elite members. Thanks you Freddie for making our stay great!

Stayed: November 2013
ENemecek, Manager at Holiday Inn Cleveland East - Mentor, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Thank you so much for your reveiw on Freddie. She is a great part of our Front Office Team and will be thrilled to know that she made such an impact over a guests stay. She truly takes pride in helping others and we are pleased that you took notice.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

The hotel is adequate for a 3-star establishment. I noticed references to recent renovation, and really the flaws of the hotel are the things that were not (or could not be) addressed by it.

The good: comfortable beds with duvets, excellent internet, good storage space, good water pressure. A/C was effective and could be independently adjusted.

The negatives: the bathroom is poorly laid out, and only tubs are offered with a fixed showerhead - that's universal in Cleveland though :( Very poor sound insulation. No safe in the room. Some of the linens and towels had stains. A/C was somewhat noisy, but not to a point that we couldn't sleep. I accidentally left my camera charger in the room when I checked out, and when I called the hotel later, they advised that it was nowhere to be found :(

Breakfast appeared above average for me, but we came to visit family, and my aunt religiously was making us breakfast, so we never tried breakfast at the hotel. There are several eating options next to the hotel as well, including Chipotle.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Miami_Love

Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback of your most recent stay. I see that we exceeded your expectations in some areas, but did not in others. I sincerly apologize for the problem you inccured while staying with us. We have recently purchased new towels, and removed any stained linen. We also do have a Safety Deposit box at the front desk, if you do need to store any belongings securely. We thank you for your business and hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

I love the updates of the rooms from when they were the comfort inn, but only thing was, I was very disappointed when we returned to the room in the evening we walked into it in the same condition we left it. Seems they forgot to clean our room. My husband said oh well we saved $5.00 on tip. Felt like they could have given us some compensation.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for giving your feedback on your most recent stay with us. I apologize that housekeeping seemed to have missed your room. We strive to exceed our guests expections and I see that we fell short on that goal. If you would like to contact me directly, I can see what we can do for you, during your next visit to Mentor.

Elizabeth Nemecek
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 12 October 2013

The hotel was excellent. The breakfast buffet was very very bad. Cold eggs, bacon was greasy, a very poor value for the price charged. The service was great at the buffet. The food was bad. The other part of this hotel was very good. There are plenty of other choices within walking distance.

• Stayed: October 2013

Thank you very much for giving your feedback of your most recent stay with us. At the Holiday Inn Mentor we strive to exceed all of our guests expections, I see in regards to breakfast, we fell short on that goal. I was happy to see that you did enjoy your sleeping accomodations and the other areas of the hotel. I do hope you stay with us again in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mentor
Red Roof Inn Cleveland East - Willoughby
Hampton Inn & Suites Cleveland-Mentor
Best Western Plus Lawnfield Inn & Suites
Residence Inn Cleveland Mentor
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#2 of 5 in Painesville
WoodSpring Suites Cleveland Mentor

Been to Holiday Inn Cleveland East - Mentor? Share your experiences!