“A Good place to stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Mentor
Mentor, Ohio
“A Good place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

We had breakfast their Sunday may 18th. Excellent breakfast buffet. We meet your cook Darin when he came out to restock buffet, really nice guy and he brought blueberry's out for my two year old daughter who seems to be having a bad morning, not only was she happy it change her whole mood because she just asked her grandmother for blueberry's. We appreciate you for having good employers and my stay was good and I wouldn't mind coming back to this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank fj01232

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

This hotel is very noisy. We couldn't sleep at all. Noise is coming from everywhere: elevators, hall way, rooms. I wish they would supply some earplugs. Also when we arrived it was very difficult to find parking space available. Will never stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Stay away from this hotel unless you like to party in the night.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Trav177
ENemecek, Manager at Holiday Inn Cleveland East - Mentor, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Thank you for your recent feedback on your stay. We strive to always exceed guests expectations and I'm sorry we fell short on that goal. We have had a few nights that have had sports teams which sold out the hotel, that is the main cause for the noise levels. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope you chose to stay with us in the future.

Asst. Geberal Manager
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

Our family of 5 stayed for one night. The room type requested when reservations were made was not available when we checked in, but an alternative was presented to us which worked even better than what we had booked. We were grateful for the hotel's quick response to fix the problem. All the staff we met were very helpful, from the maintenance gentleman, to those at the front desk, to housekeepers and servers at Krave. The rooms were standard - nothing special, but no complaints, either. They were what we anticipated. The pool area was clean and a huge hit with our kids. Only complaint is that it is quite a trek to get there! Two of the times we went it was locked (though during open hours). People came quickly to open it for us, which was helpful, but it was slightly frustrating only because there wasn't a phone or easy way to call someone - we had to walk back to the front desk. Again, not a deal breaker, as we really were happy at the hotel, but it would have been nice if the doors were open! All in all, we're glad we stayed there. If we are in the area again, we will definitely book at the Holiday Inn in Mentor.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank myrainstorm
ENemecek, Manager at Holiday Inn Cleveland East - Mentor, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Thank you for your positive feedback. We are happy to hear that our staff met your expectations and were able to quickly accommodate and fix any issues that occurred. We apologize for the doors being locked at the pool but I am please to see that your family did enjoy your time there.

Thank you and we hope to have you stay with us in the future!

Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

I stayed two nights at the Holiday Inn in Mentor, OH. Both nights were booked through a third party for a significantly lower price than the Holiday Inn advertised price. The first night was in a 1st floor King room that was ADA accessible. (wasn't needed) Everything about the room was very good. The room was newly updated in what I would consider a "Modern Coastal" appearance with blue, white and orange colors and modern furniture. The bed was comfortable with four large pillows of varying firmness. The flat screen television was nice and provided a wide selection of channels that all appeared to be in HD. The wireless internet was above average and I had not problems connecting. The second night was in a King room located on the fourth floor. Surprisingly I did notice more noise from the neighboring rooms however most of the noise ended after 11:00 pm which I found acceptable for a Friday night. I was in town on business and found the desk area to be very good with plenty of light and multiple electrical outlets that were easily accessible.

There was an on site Fitness Center and Restaurant/Bar but I did not use these services.

I would like to note one thing that may seem odd but hear me out. The toilet does flush very violently and honestly caught me off guard. Seriously, do not leave loose clothing, neck ties, jewelry, small children, or any other valuables anywhere near the toilet when you hit that handle, because when you do, there is no going back! Just be aware of it.

I found the employees at check-in to be "average". It didn't quite match the three star level that this hotel provides but I don't require much when it comes to checking into hotels. The second night was better than the first night when it came to customer service.

The only other negative thing that comes to mind is the lack of hot water in the rooms. Both rooms I stayed in were governed for hot water and produced what I would consider to be only warm water.

Overall this was a very good stay and I would not hesitate to stay here again in the future.

Room Tip: I found the room on the first floor to be more quite. That may have had more because it was a weekni...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for your feedback on your recent stay. I am glad to hear that we met your needs and you were overall happy with your stay. We hope you chose us again in the future.

Laguna Niguel, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014

Stayed two nights in nice, clean room on 2nd floor. Room was in good shape, everything worked and bed was comfortable. Breakfast was average, not bad if you're in a hurry. Staff was friendly. Would stay again. No issues.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
ENemecek, Manager at Holiday Inn Cleveland East - Mentor, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Thank you for your recent feedback. I am happy to hear that you had a great stay. I'm glad that our room comfort and staff service exceeded your expectations. I will speak to the staff about our breakfast to work on improving the buffet experience.

Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2014

I was very impressed with the room decor, and the color shades of blues and a little orange and unique lamps really have a fresh and inviting look to the room. The bathroom was a little small, but I preferred the extra room in the seating area in the room. Also, I needed to keep the bathroom door open to allow heat into the bathroom. The room was clean as well as the linens. The door to the room had a big gap and I was able to hear a lot of hallway noise and conversations. I had two dinner meals at the restaurant which were above average and the waitress was friendly. The waitresses also man the bar, so the speed of the meal service seemed to be dependent on the number of patrons at the bar. I was not in any hurry and this did not bother me. I would definitely stay at this property again.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your recent feedback. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay. We will talk with our maintenance department on some of the issues you reported. We hope to have you stay with us again.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

Hotel was clean and very fresh looking and actually beautiful for a Holiday Inn, but the staff is a different story. Breakfast server was very un-kept in appearance and smelled of cigarette smoke. She kept tried to be nice but it was not genuine at all. We ordered off the menu and the food was decent, overpriced but decent but lacked any kind of presentation. Front desk staff seemed to be very unengaged and lacked enthusiasm, the front desk manager, who I would later find out was the assistant general manager, was dressed very inappropriately for her role at the hotel. Although she was the most pleasant person I encountered at the desk, she needs to step up her wardrobe game. While on the elevator there was a housekeeper who was talking on her cell phone and eating a bag of chips, not a good impression. Stopped at the bar after a long day, great food and drink specials but again the service over shadowed the specials. The bartender seemed as she was doing me a favor by waiting on me and once she did she returned to the end of the bar where the staff seemed to be having their own little party and with the lack of any sort of music ( ????) you could hear everything they were saying. Some of the conversations were defiantly not appropriate for customers to hear. You have a nice hotel physically but if you are to be successful you need to pick up your game on the staff. People would rather stay in an okay looking hotel with great service rather than a beautiful hotel with poor service.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Jayson B
ENemecek, Manager at Holiday Inn Cleveland East - Mentor, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Thank you for your recent feedback. We appreciate all positve and negative feed back so we can learn and grow from it. We will be addressing your concerns with our staff and appologize that you did not have a more positive experience with us.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mentor
Best Western Plus Lawnfield Inn & Suites
Red Roof Inn Cleveland East - Willoughby
Hampton Inn & Suites Cleveland-Mentor
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#2 of 5 in Painesville
Residence Inn Cleveland Mentor
Courtyard Cleveland Willoughby

Been to Holiday Inn Cleveland East - Mentor? Share your experiences!