Holiday Inn Cleveland East - Mentor
US$60
US$65
US$61
Red Roof
All reviewsfront deskroom was cleanfast wififun barbreakfast packagefood choicesscramble eggssix nightsan average hotelan assetmicrowave and fridgecold cerealvery nice hotelbreakfast stafflobbybillingtournament
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 August 2014

I stayed at this same hotel 2 years ago when it was a Days Inn. It was not a very nice hotel then. Holiday Inn did a great renovation. The rooms are as nice as some Las Vegas hotels. The Decor is masculine and modern. The lobby and restaurant were also very nice. The breakfast buffet (Not Free) was also great. I have to stay in Mentor once a year. This is the place I will be coming back to.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Fylbrik
HIMentorGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cleveland East - Mentor, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Thank you for your recent review. We are pleased to hear that you love the renovation and the look and feel of the Holiday Inn Mentor. We look forward to seeing you next year when you visit the Mentor are again!

Yours in Hospitality,

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Went to cleavland to see the rock and roll hall of fame could not get a hotel downtown so stayed in the mentor 20 min away.great hotel clean rooms and great breakfast,easy to find location and lots of restaurants near the hotel within walking.price was wright and staff very friendly.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us recently. We are happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are such a short drive to downtown and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Without all the parking fees! We hope to see you again and thank you for being our guest!

Yours in Hospitality,

Reviewed 3 August 2014

We were in town for the Wine Harvest Festival and decided to give this hotel a try. We loved everything about this hotel. The rooms are clean, new and the bed is very comfortable.
We took a dip in the swimming pool and found it to be very nice as well.
We had breakfast in the restaurant and it was very good and reasonably priced.
We liked it so much that we're planning on staying here again next year.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your positive feedback on your recent stay with the Holiday Inn Mentor. The wine fest is such a great time for everyone to come out and relax in the Mentor Area. Thank you for making us your choice hotel for future visits! We pride ourselves on guest service and cleanliness, we are pleased that we met your expectations.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Hard to not like the attractive hotel. Not noisy and beds were nice. My problem was getting anyone to return my calls after I realized I left a purse in the room. It took 4 days of calling and leaving messages. My purse was not recovered. While I enjoyed the hotel communication is key.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Jack2254

Thank you for your recent feedback on your stay at the Holiday Inn Mentor, while we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. We do appologize that your purse was not recovered. We have since worked on our lost and found policy to ensure a 24 hour call back when items are report lost. Thank you for your feedback and it helps us to always improve and give great customer service

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Traveled to Mentor area for a short business trip. Normally Marriott is my first pick because of my status with them, but for some reason the 2 Marriott's in the area were way over my client's budget. But I'm a HI club member too and most of the time like Holiday Inn's.

I was pleasantly surprised with the quality of the restaurant at the hotel. Had breakfast twice and dinner once and overall the food quality was very good. Frankly I wish I had eaten dinner here the first night instead of going to Olive Garden. Just a heads up on the portion size . . .I ordered the margarita flatbread appetizer but it was really what I would call a medium sized pizza. Staff at both breakfast and dinner were friendly and efficient.

As other reviews point out the interior of this hotel has been upgraded recently. the lobby is nicely appointed and the room interior was quite nice. Cool blue and grey colors. Mattress was new and in good shape. The only complaints I have about the room are complaints I have with many other hotels, especially recently re-modeled ones:

1 - bathroom has only 1 switch that controls both light and fan. I don't understand this but unfortunately it is very common.
2 - The desk chairs are very short. I'm not a giant but I am 6 ft. tall and many hotels are getting desk chairs that fit under the desk even when at their max height, which is too short and uncomfortable. The entire range of the chair height is like 3 inches.

However, regarding #2 above, when I inquired with the front desk about this, they offered to bring me up a chair from their conference room which was a big help. I truly appreciated that!!

Certainly would stay here again when in town.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business