“3 stays here, ALL great!”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Dayton-South
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Miamisburg
Ellenton
“3 stays here, ALL great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2012

This was my 3rd stay here in 2012. All 3 have been great experiences. Staff who actually seem to remember you (tho how they could with all the people they must see throughout the year amazes me!). The staff were all helpful and friendly, from my housekeeper (thanks Heather!) to the GM Mark, whom I observed at both dinner and breakfast circulating among the guests seeking out where he could help someone. The room was good, bed comfortable for me - as my husband and I disagree on mattresses in general I expect some travelers to either really like the beds or really not like them! As Homewood includes a full breakfast AND dinner, I truly feel I received great value for the cost. The dinners were tasty, filling, plentiful and INCLUDED. As a female traveling alone, the ability to enjoy a good meal with a glass of wine after working all day with the added bonus of NOT having to do the 'after work restaurant hunt in the dark in a place I am simply not familiar with' was a true blessing and in my opinion, safer for me! The room does show some age and use, couch arm stained and starting to show fraying, the curtains seem a touch dated, and I would have preferred a cordless phone to the style they have. As I have travelled for 15 years, I have come to expect things like this unless the hotel is brand new or just completely overhauled. Bottom line, great stay, great place, great value for the money.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
inndeep, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Dayton-South, responded to this review, 23 November 2012
Thank you VERY much for your complimentary response! I will pass along your kudos to the staff, and especially to those specifically mentioned! I am glad to hear that your stay met your expectations! Also, thank you even more for your specific comments on what we can do to improve. We use our guests' feedback to plan our improvements and make changes on a continual basis! We look forward to seeing you when you return!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
ILLinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2012

Stayed here for about a week. There were some good things, and some bad things. The good things were clean linens, the duvet is nice, although the duvet thing just doesn't work unless you use ties. The down insert always winds up on the floor, and we constantly had to put it all back together. The room itself was clean, and bright with nice decor. The bed was comfortable. The staff was very friendly, and the overall property appearance was good. There is a fridge, and cook top in the room so you can grocery shop, and cook your own food if you like, and there is also ample choices in the shop for snacks. Housekeeping does a great job cleaning, which is most important to me. The bad things were, the curtains were stained, and in need of cleaning. We had a problem checking into our room since they tried to place us in a double bed suite that smelled of smoke, when we booked a non smoking king suite....I guess being a diamond member gets you no priority, but the matter was handled which is why I am not giving a poor rating. Lastly, the food was not good, it was seasoned well, but had no good flavor. There is definitely room for improvement, and I might be willing to give it another shot.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank vacationNikki
inndeep, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Dayton-South, responded to this review, 11 October 2012
Thank you for your review of your experience with your guest room. At our property, we utilize guest reviews to help us improve our hotel operations. We’ve reviewed your feedback with our hotel team and are now actively taking steps to freshen our guestrooms. As well, we are reviewing our menu selection during your stay to see what we can do to improve the taste of the food that you experienced. We appreciate your time in reviewing our hotel and look forward to exceeding your expectations during your next visit to the area. Thank you for giving us another opportunity and look me up when you come back!
Fishers, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2012

I found the suite very clean & neat. The only thing bad I would say is that the floors probably need to be updated. Other than that it was a good night. The bed was a king and nice and comfortable. The tub was a little dated be clean. The suite had flat screens in both the bedroom and living area so that was nice. Not a bad room at all!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
Thank you VERY MUCH for your kind words regarding your stay! We appreciate hearing what we do well, and what we could improve upon. We use our guest feedback comments to plan our updates and keep our hotel fresh and clean at all times! We look forward to serving you again when you return to the area!
FtWayne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2012

This is a very clean and well kept suite hotel. Very good breakfast in the morning. I also thought it was very quiet during the night as far as traffic and outside noise is concerned. My family and I were treated very well at the service desk and at breakfast. If I'm ever back in this area again I would stay here.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Thank you SO MUCH for your kind review and for pointing out that the staff met and hopefully exceeded your expectations! We appreciate hearing that the value added amenities made your stay more enjoyable, such as the complimentary breakfast buffet and our Welcome Home Reception! We look forward to seeing you when you return to the area!
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2012

This is what I wrote to the Guest services Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton, Dayton South

We do travel a great deal so I think we can be objective about what makes a hotel good or just ordinary. Your hotel is a very pleasant experience: well-thought out suite layout, great down-home breakfast, reasonable rates for so much room, and a friendly staff. We could have enjoyed the free dinner but had other plans.

Please pass on my compliments to Mark (GM)who came out to say hello as we breakfasted by the pool( and thanks to Ernie who was the first of your staff to say hello on our first morning. and fixed our squeaky door while we finished breakfast

Well done Homewood Dayton South!

Room Tip: Our room w/pool view was very nice.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Greetings back at you! Thanks for the kind words!!!
Mark
Lantana, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2012

We stayed for eight days in Aug. at homewood suites in Miamisburg. We will return to this hotel now every time we are in the area! Very nice, great rooms etc. The unusal part was a housekeeper named Diane, she was an unbelieveable HELP! The staff was great but this Diane couldn't have been more helpful & a nice person! Great place to stay!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Thanks for the kinds words! We will make sure Diane is recognized individually as well for her outstanding hospitality! See you when you return!
Lewisville, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2012

I am on business in Miamisburg frequently. In turn, I brough my family up for a few weeks during the summer. Altogether, the stay was plesant. The staff was great. JERRY should get a trophy for all her hard work and kindness. She sincerly made our trip easier. I would reccomend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Many thanks for the kind words! We will make sure Jerry (Gerry) is personally recognized for her outstanding service! See you when you return!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miamisburg
Hampton Inn Dayton/Dayton Mall
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Dayton - Miamisburg
Hilton Garden Inn Dayton South
Comfort Suites Dayton South / Miamisburg
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dayton South
Courtyard Dayton South/Mall
Courtyard Dayton South/Mall
#4 of 13 in Miamisburg

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Dayton-South? Share your experiences!