“Great place! Allowed our family pet!”

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Dayton - Miamisburg
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Miamisburg
Lexington, Kentucky
“Great place! Allowed our family pet!”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

A large suite with a comfortable bed! They were convenient to restaurants and the shopping mall. The breakfast was hot and delicious and included fresh fruits. Best of all, they allowed our family dog! Thank you Doubletree and please encourage more Hilton properties to allow pets.

Room Tip: Ask for first floor if you have a pet.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
kbrown1539, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Dayton - Miamisburg, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Thank you for your kind review! We are glad that you enjoyed our comfy beds, the breakfast buffet and nearby shopping. Most of all, we are glad that you were able to travel with your family pet! Hope to see you again on a future visit!

Kelly Brown

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Hartland, United States
Reviewed 4 July 2014

overall this is a nice hotel. rooms were clean and comfortable. my complaint is that we were not told that the indoor pool was not in service for our stay and if you have kids you know how important this is. when this was brought up with the front desk they did their best to "make it right".

Centerville, United States
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Shower Curtain smelled like mildew. Indoor pool was closed and we were not told that at time of booking room. Outdoor pool had 8 Chairs to sit in - we had 11 families in our group. oh I have to have 200 Characters so let me talk about the food - TERRIBLE - couldn't find someone to wait on us - couldn't find silverware - couldn't find syrup for French toast that was terrible.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

kbrown1539, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Dayton - Miamisburg, responded to this review, 5 July 2014
Thank you for your feedback on a recent stay with us. I see that you were in town for a baseball tournament. Our hotel is perfect for large teams like yours and we get very high reviews from most groups. We are extremely sorry that your group did not get to enjoy the indoor swimming pool. I am glad that we still had the outdoor pool to offer you. Recently, our area experienced a torrential downpour and flash flooding occurred. We escaped most of it but unfortunately we had to suddenly close the indoor pool because we were informed that the roof could cave in. The safety and security of our guests is of the utmost importance to us. We made our decision to close the indoor pool for your safety. Please consider us again for your next tournament and we will do our best to meet your needs.

Fall River
Reviewed 26 June 2014

For some reason, Trip advisor removed my original review. This Hilton Double Tree let me down in so many ways.

First let me say that on check-in, the attendant did not explain anything. He asked my name, accepted my card, handed me a cookie and handed my two key cards in an envelope with the room number written on it: Room 225. I expect more from a DoubleTree attendant... a friendly hello, an explanation and description of the amenities available, directions to our room, and least of all, a verbal confirmation of our room. None of that was provided. I found it strange but thought it was late, 11p.m. so I just figured he was tired.

Next on June 16th, I found a large winged ant, crawling across my shoulder while I was laying in bed. I was startled and flung it away. I didn't attribute it to anything other than a fluke.

On June 17th after arriving back to the hotel later in the evening, I entered the hotel room and quickly left as I had a lot of laundry to do. I sat at the bar and enjoyed a few beers. The bartender was very nice. At 11p.m. I returned to my room after just putting in a load of clothes into the 3rd floor washing machine and discovered the area where the beds are located in the suite was infested with FLYING ANTS. We had dozens in our sink, they were on the walls, on our pillowcases, on our sheets, on our luggage and open luggage bags and clothing.

I called the desk attendant who came up and inspected. He was polite and the hotel was sold-out so they had no place to put me. They made arrangements for me to stay a half mile away at a comfort-inn. So, I packed my bags quickly and got out of there. I arrived at the comfort-inn slightly before 1a.m. where I went right to bed.

On Wednesday June 18th, I traveled back to the DoubleTree where I had my reservation booked through Friday. At approximately 9a.m. I approached the desk and the manager was there. I said "I'm the guy with the ants or termites in my room. Room 225.". Her response to a co-worker was "see what I have to deal with". I was appalled but I'm not the type to have it out with a worker in public. I expected something like "please accept our apologies.... etc." She didn't even offer to comp the room for the night we had to stay elsewhere due to the bugs. All she offered was a new room later in the day (understandable). It wasn't until my friend said I should make sure we're not paying for that night that I did return and she agree, what appeared reluctantly to take that night off our bill.

Wednesday evening when I returned to DoubleTree to get my new room, the new attendant was very nice and offered to comp our dinner on Thursday evening. I thanked her for the gesture and accepted.

On Thursday morning due to a tight schedule I arrived at the breakfast buffet at 5:50a.m. as the room books say that the buffet opens at 6:00a.m. Well, 6a.m. came and went. At about 6:10a.m., all the lights were still off and I asked a worker what time the buffet opened. She said "The buffet opens at 6:30a.m. but today the cook is having problems and we may be opening later.". I just shook my head and laughed. The book says 6a and they open at 6:30a. This is just another thing to make this hotel one to pass by if you have other choices.

If it wasn't for the bartender who was EXTREMELY nice and the attendant on the night when we got our new bug-free room, I'd give his hotel a 1-rating. Those two employees bumped it up to a two.

Room Tip: Stay away from room 225
1 Thank UnlimitedKfal
kbrown1539, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Dayton - Miamisburg, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
We apologize for the very unfortunate experience that you had at our hotel. Our guests’ health and safety is very important to us and is always a focal point of our property operations. We appreciate that you brought this to our attention. Upon further investigation, these were found to be flying ants that typically swarm after a rainfall. We are working with our pest control company to make sure this problem is addressed and there are no future issues.

Naperville, United States
Reviewed 26 June 2014

The staff is friendly and went out of there way to be helpful The property is older and a bit run down. My room smelled of smoke and mildew. We complained and were moved the next day. I recommend looking around as there are several other properties in the area before you settle on this.

Covington, United States
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I arrived in the midst of a terrible thunderstorm/downpour .... parking lot flooded, water in the lobby ... and the entire time, the staff was concerned, working hard and still focused on guests! They were absolutely fabulous!!! Highly recommend this location!!!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

St. Louis, United States
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I cannot say enough positive things about my experience with Double Tree. Great staff and wonderful attention to detail throughout my stay. I can truly say that in the future I will ensure that I fully consider staying at a Double Tree again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Also consider these accommodations in or near Miamisburg
Homewood Suites by Hilton Dayton-South
Hilton Garden Inn Dayton South
SpringHill Suites Dayton South/Miamisburg
Hampton Inn Dayton/Dayton Mall
Comfort Suites Dayton South / Miamisburg
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dayton South

Been to DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Dayton - Miamisburg? Share your experiences!