“Double check your room before you arrive.”

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Dayton - Miamisburg
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Miamisburg
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I was put into a smoking room even though my profile says non-smoking. The clerk didn't seem to think that it mattered very much. Breakfast is rarely ready at 6:30, which is the time advertised. The staff act bothered that customers want to have breakfast at the posted time.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Rooms were clean , and staff were professional, accommodations , were on par with 5 star hotels. Meals especially breakfast were outstanding. Easy access to major interstate. Shopping center was right across the street , with in walking distance. Overall great place to stay

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Great property, with excellent service and rooms. This Double Tree will satisfy. The rooms were huge with separate living space and bed room. A large flat screened TV in each space. Complete with a couch and a comfortable chair!. The work space was more than adequate and the entire room was like new. I highly recommend this Hotel for comfort as well as a great value.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Our non smoking hotel room wreaked of cigarette smoke and the employee at the front desk literally said "I can't help if someone smoked in there." Our air conditioner would never cool the room down and every time it kicked on the smell would get worse. There was an actual party in the hallway and it did not end until 1am. The front desk said "people have parties at hotels" It was a very uncomfortable, smelly stay. Oh and the indoor pool was closed.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
kbrown1539, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Dayton - Miamisburg, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We’re very sorry for the smoke smell you experienced in your room. We shared your comments with the hotel team and we are actively taking steps to freshen our guest rooms. We’re sorry you experienced some noise issues during your stay. We work diligently with our staff to ensure each of our guests is respectful of others, while still enjoying their stay or special events. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you, if your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

Upon wrapping up the day about 9:30 - 10:00 PM, I noticed several winged ants in the bathroom sink. Further inspection revealed that ants were all over the bedroom and bathroom. It took about 1 1/2 to 2 hours for the hotel staff to respond to my request for a room change. Not able to go into more detail at this time.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
kbrown1539, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Dayton - Miamisburg, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

We apologize that you encountered a flying ant swarm during a recent visit to our hotel. Our guests’ health and safety is very important to us. Although these types of swarms occur after heavy rains, we have taken the proper steps on our end to reduce this problem. We do appreciate your business and want to make sure that your stay is a comfortable one. We hope that you will consider staying with us on a future visit to the area.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

My husband & I stayed at the Doubletree on a recent overnight trip. The room was spacious, clean and beautiful. The location was perfect - an easy drive to the Fraze Pavilion. The front desk staff went above and beyond to make our stay enjoyable. Can't say enough for this hotel!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your recent 5 star review of our property! The Fraze Pavilion is such a nice venue to see a concert. We are so lucky to have it in our area! We are also so lucky to have guests like you that take the time to let us know we are doing a good job! We look forward to seeing you back for another concert in the future!

Reviewed 8 July 2014

This is not my first stay at the doubletree brand it was however my worst! The housekeeping is poor. there was rear hallway/stairway that was littered with debris and leaves that was never touched the entire time (4 days) we were there. The hallway and room were musty/mildew smelling. The carpets need cleaning,there were multiple stains in carpet. The glasses provided in the room were cloudy, but everyone knows better than to use hotel glasses anyway. There was mold on our bathroom ceiling that my daughter pointed out on the last day. We had to go to the front lobby for toilet paper (no one answered the phone when we tried calling for one) since housekeeping did not leave an extra roll even though the current roll was nearly empty. The Ohio room was hosting an event Friday-Sunday and the doors were left open each night so the guests had a constant view of all the clutter that was not cleaned up. That room was not tidied until just prior to the new days event. The tables in the hallway that they used to serve meals to the attendees were left dirty and spotted with food overnight on all three nights. The trash can was overflowing and left visible to hotel guest as well. On Sunday, after returning from a long hot day at the Dayton Air Show, we couldn't even take a shower because they "ran out of towels"! The person who handled the breakfast buffet was rude and unpleasant even stated "I don't know why they gave all these people the breakfast rooms". First of all we were not given anything, guests paid a higher room rate for that. The also ran out of a few items because "our delivery truck doesn't come until Tuesday". Should I really know that? On the plus side, most everyone that we encountered was extremely friendly and personable. I loved Ben, the front desk clerk, he had my cookies and a big smile ready. Our two housekeepers Erica and Chris were engaging as the went about their duties. Chris took a shine to my grandson and made him a paper airplane and showed him how to fly it! When you encountered staff in the hallways 99% of them spoke and had a genuine smile. One person completely ignored us. The warm cookies almost made these things forgivable..... nope, not really. I was so outdone as issues began to pile up that I did a "walkthrough" with one of the managers, pointing out the issues, just to show her what her guests were seeing. I followed up with Kelly Brown on Monday, and although she was apologetic, I did not leave with the impression that she was alarmed by the condition of this facility. Its to bad though, because if it was kept clean, this would be a nice hotel!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
kbrown1539, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Dayton - Miamisburg, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Thank you for your recent comments and concerns regarding your stay with us on a busy air show weekend. It appears that we did let our guests down on our cleanliness skills that weekend and I do apologize for that. Since you called these issues to my attention, I have been working diligently to improve upon the hotel cleanliness. Staffing can play a big part in these areas as well and so I have taken a look at scheduling additional persons during these busy weekends. This weekend is by no means a measure of what we capable of and I hope you will try us again soon and check out the improvements we have made.

Kelly Brown

Also consider these accommodations in or near Miamisburg
Homewood Suites by Hilton Dayton-South
Hilton Garden Inn Dayton South
Hampton Inn Dayton/Dayton Mall
SpringHill Suites Dayton South/Miamisburg
Comfort Suites Dayton South / Miamisburg
Courtyard Dayton South/Mall
Courtyard Dayton South/Mall
#5 of 13 in Miamisburg

Been to DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Dayton - Miamisburg? Share your experiences!