“Unplanned stop”

Ranked #12 of 13 Hotels in Miamisburg
Jacksonville, North Carolina
“Unplanned stop”
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

We were stranded due to transmission problems with our vehicle and all but this place was booked because of soccer games. The staff was awesome however the rooms smelled, the bathroom door in our 1st room wouldn't shut and for a nonsmoking room our comforter had cigarette burns. Dated hotel if I had the means to change locations I would have. Still our one night turned into 4 and our uhaul was left in the parking lot and staff never gave issue with it. If not for the helpfulness of the staff it would only deserve a 2 rating. They need to do some serious overhaul and cleaning of this hotel.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Mississauga, Ontario
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Nice quiet location. Lots of parking. Rooms clean and well cared for. Breakfast was adequate and as expected at all other locations who provide a complementary breakfast. Nothing super, but better than many. We'd stay here again!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

We are part of a soccer team in town for a tournament. This is one of the hotels to choose from for the Warrior Classic. I cannot recommend it. It is run-down and smells of smoke. They say it is smoke free, but the smoke smell still lingers in the rooms. They made us sign forms that do not permit you to gather in the lobby or on the balcony. This is not conducive to parents socializing. The "breakfast" was terrible. The area of town is ok. About a mile or two away there is a mall and Starbucks.

We did enjoy a great dinner at the Dark Horse Tavern across the street.

• Stayed May 2014
East Syracuse, New York
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I had some issues with other guests (apparently a highschool basketball team that was staying at this hotel while we were here). They were banging on our room door and calling our room's phone between 10-12 p.m.. I called the front desk to let them know what was going on, and when the banging on the door and the phone calls persisted, my son went to the evening manager and informed him of what was happening on our floor (the second floor of a 3 floor hotel--not a huge place to look after). The manager said he didn't know what he could do about it but was "open to suggestions". I was standing on the stairs listening to the conversation and chimed in (he seemed surprised to have another guest in on the conversation--I'm pretty sure he was just going to brush off my son's complaints). I suggested he spend 10 minutes on our floor to observe what was going on here. Plus, I mentioned that the woman in the room next to ours had entered the hallway and complained to us about these kids knocking on her door too. This other woman told me she had also phoned the front desk and complained, and my son had even followed these kids to their rooms and got the room numbers to inform the front desk of who exactly was causing this nuisance. The manager followed us to the second floor and within seconds disappeared. Apparently, he had no intention of following through with trying to help with this matter. After the third time my phone rang (it was after midnight at this point), I called the front desk to see if they could track who was calling my room. The person who answered said, and I quote, "we do not have the technology here for that. I suggest you unplug your telephone so you will not receive any more of these phone calls". That's it--I have been a Choice Member for several years now, and I will no longer stay at any of their hotels. And, that's not even going into the burn holes in the bedspread (in a non-smoking room no less) and the lack of cleanliness in the bathroom. By-the-way, the only other bad review I have ever given (and it was only to the hotel itself in order to give them the chance to correct the filthiness--I never posted it for public display) was the Rodeway Inn my daughter & I stayed at by the Logan International Airport last year. The place was so disgusting I ended up cleaning the bathroom myself before I would even consider using it.....

Room Tip: The third floor is the smoking floor, and unfortunately, the smoke smell travels to the second floor...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank LifeIsBeautiful58
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

Great place. Good location to university of dayton arena. Rooms were Clean and the staff was friendly. Breakfast could be better. Same mwnu every day with not much variety. Owner was very accommodating to our bands need.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 22 March 2014

First impressions are so important! The front door BANGED shut after us, and the front door windows were smeared and dirty.
I though it was interesting that we had to sign a paper to "pick up" after our dog, however, all over the back of the hotel lay trash!
I was a bit unnerved that anyone could come and go through the side door. As far as I could tell, it was never locked.
The room was adequate and clean.

Room Tip: First floor is most convenient.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Ontario
Reviewed 30 January 2014

The price was reasonable and the amenities were complete. The room was large, clean, and beautifully furnished. The bed was especially comfortable. The bathroom was spotless and the shower was delightful. The breakfast buffet had everything one could wish for.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PleasantOntario
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miamisburg
Comfort Suites Dayton South / Miamisburg
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dayton South
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Miamisburg/Dayton Mall South
Homewood Suites by Hilton Dayton-South
Extended Stay America - Dayton - South
SpringHill Suites Dayton South/Miamisburg

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Dayton South / Miamisburg? Share your experiences!