“nice clean motel. safe area ...great service good breakfast”

Quality Inn & Suites Dayton South / Miamisburg
Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Miamisburg
Reviewed 9 July 2014

nice clean motel. safe area ...great service good breakfast biscuts and gravy waffles ... room was clean no funny smells would deffinatly stay here again.. real conveniant location right off the E way..

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel was very miss represented on the webpage. The afternoon and evening staff were very knowledgeable however the morning staff was less than acceptable. My wife and I had emergency in the a.m. that did not warrant an ambulance, and when I asked the staff where the nearest urgent care was he just had a puzzled look and had no answer. He also had the same look when I asked about an emergency room.
The web site now reports that the pool is closed, however when I booked this hotel there was no mention of it...the pool has been closed for over a year. The sidewalks are in poor shape at the east entrance and around the front edge and there is no security here at all. All of the entrances are open at all times. Anyone could walk in off the street.
The rooms were in good shape and the housekeeping staff was very nice. Which is why I rated this hotel with 2 instead of 1.
I was very discouraged with this hotel, more the a.m. staff than anything, and I would not recommended this hotel to anyone that doesn't want just a clean bed.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

We were stranded due to transmission problems with our vehicle and all but this place was booked because of soccer games. The staff was awesome however the rooms smelled, the bathroom door in our 1st room wouldn't shut and for a nonsmoking room our comforter had cigarette burns. Dated hotel if I had the means to change locations I would have. Still our one night turned into 4 and our uhaul was left in the parking lot and staff never gave issue with it. If not for the helpfulness of the staff it would only deserve a 2 rating. They need to do some serious overhaul and cleaning of this hotel.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Nice quiet location. Lots of parking. Rooms clean and well cared for. Breakfast was adequate and as expected at all other locations who provide a complementary breakfast. Nothing super, but better than many. We'd stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

We are part of a soccer team in town for a tournament. This is one of the hotels to choose from for the Warrior Classic. I cannot recommend it. It is run-down and smells of smoke. They say it is smoke free, but the smoke smell still lingers in the rooms. They made us sign forms that do not permit you to gather in the lobby or on the balcony. This is not conducive to parents socializing. The "breakfast" was terrible. The area of town is ok. About a mile or two away there is a mall and Starbucks.

We did enjoy a great dinner at the Dark Horse Tavern across the street.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I had some issues with other guests (apparently a highschool basketball team that was staying at this hotel while we were here). They were banging on our room door and calling our room's phone between 10-12 p.m.. I called the front desk to let them know what was going on, and when the banging on the door and the phone calls persisted, my son went to the evening manager and informed him of what was happening on our floor (the second floor of a 3 floor hotel--not a huge place to look after). The manager said he didn't know what he could do about it but was "open to suggestions". I was standing on the stairs listening to the conversation and chimed in (he seemed surprised to have another guest in on the conversation--I'm pretty sure he was just going to brush off my son's complaints). I suggested he spend 10 minutes on our floor to observe what was going on here. Plus, I mentioned that the woman in the room next to ours had entered the hallway and complained to us about these kids knocking on her door too. This other woman told me she had also phoned the front desk and complained, and my son had even followed these kids to their rooms and got the room numbers to inform the front desk of who exactly was causing this nuisance. The manager followed us to the second floor and within seconds disappeared. Apparently, he had no intention of following through with trying to help with this matter. After the third time my phone rang (it was after midnight at this point), I called the front desk to see if they could track who was calling my room. The person who answered said, and I quote, "we do not have the technology here for that. I suggest you unplug your telephone so you will not receive any more of these phone calls". That's it--I have been a Choice Member for several years now, and I will no longer stay at any of their hotels. And, that's not even going into the burn holes in the bedspread (in a non-smoking room no less) and the lack of cleanliness in the bathroom. By-the-way, the only other bad review I have ever given (and it was only to the hotel itself in order to give them the chance to correct the filthiness--I never posted it for public display) was the Rodeway Inn my daughter & I stayed at by the Logan International Airport last year. The place was so disgusting I ended up cleaning the bathroom myself before I would even consider using it.....

Room Tip: The third floor is the smoking floor, and unfortunately, the smoke smell travels to the second floor...