Quality Inn & Suites Dayton South / Miamisburg
Red Roof
US$58
TripAdvisor
Good 3.5/5
All reviewsbiscuits and gravywaffleswould stay here againroom was cleannice bedhide a beddayton mallbob evanspool closedgreat hot breakfastoff the highwayfree breakfast iseasy accessgoing southwi finew carpetwithin miles
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

The hotel was ok. Clean rooms, decent tv, comfortable bed. Where they drop the ball is the towels and the breakfast. The towels are old, and the breakfast is lame. I was not impressed with the waffles and biscuits and gravy. I am a big person and breakfast is important to me, if it is not for you, then this hotel is great.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Friendly, quiet, clean and comfortable, but rough around the edges.

For about $25.00 extra, we upgraded to a two-room suite, which was literally two rooms with a pass through between them. The beds were comfortable and the room was very clean. The woman who checked us in couldn't have been more accommodating. The rooms were larger than many in the price range for this hotel.

We had two bathrooms, which was great. And, we had two refrigerators, both of which I unplugged because they were very noisy. The "living room" had a sleeper sofa that was falling apart. WiFi was easy to access and fast. Breakfast was typical.

Two big pluses to us:

1. The windows could be opened for fresh air.
2. The HVAC fan ran all the time in A/C mode.

Because of the noisy refrigerators and state of the sleeper sofa, I could only give it three stars. Would have been four otherwise.

Room Tip: Consider the two-room suite upgrade.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 July 2014

nice clean motel. safe area ...great service good breakfast biscuts and gravy waffles ... room was clean no funny smells would deffinatly stay here again.. real conveniant location right off the E way..

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel was very miss represented on the webpage. The afternoon and evening staff were very knowledgeable however the morning staff was less than acceptable. My wife and I had emergency in the a.m. that did not warrant an ambulance, and when I asked the staff where the nearest urgent care was he just had a puzzled look and had no answer. He also had the same look when I asked about an emergency room.
The web site now reports that the pool is closed, however when I booked this hotel there was no mention of it...the pool has been closed for over a year. The sidewalks are in poor shape at the east entrance and around the front edge and there is no security here at all. All of the entrances are open at all times. Anyone could walk in off the street.
The rooms were in good shape and the housekeeping staff was very nice. Which is why I rated this hotel with 2 instead of 1.
I was very discouraged with this hotel, more the a.m. staff than anything, and I would not recommended this hotel to anyone that doesn't want just a clean bed.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

We were stranded due to transmission problems with our vehicle and all but this place was booked because of soccer games. The staff was awesome however the rooms smelled, the bathroom door in our 1st room wouldn't shut and for a nonsmoking room our comforter had cigarette burns. Dated hotel if I had the means to change locations I would have. Still our one night turned into 4 and our uhaul was left in the parking lot and staff never gave issue with it. If not for the helpfulness of the staff it would only deserve a 2 rating. They need to do some serious overhaul and cleaning of this hotel.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple