“Stinks”

Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Miamisburg
OH
“Stinks”
Reviewed 17 August 2012

The room, bed, A/C in the room, stairs, hallways, washers,.. Pretty much everything smells funky here. It's BAD. It's so bad, the first thing I did was going to Walmart and buying some deodorizers. But it didn't work much. Yes it's that stinky.. It's the worst hotel I've ever stayed.

Room Tip: Go to Wyndham near this hotel if you want a room for a week or more. The price you pay is about the...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank tabibito1985
Melvin W, General Manager at Studio 6 Dayton South - Miamisburg, responded to this review, 20 August 2012
Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. I do regret you did not have an enjoyable stay with us. I wish we were given the opportunity to hear your concerns. I imagine you stayed with us multiple nights from your comments, but we did not hear from you regarding your stay.

I hope you would give us a chance next time to make your stay more enjoyable.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 1 August 2012

Upon check in I again noticed the front doors (I always do) they were free of finger prints. That is a good sign. The front desk staff went out of their way to accommodate me. The lobby area was nice, clean and well thought out. The hotel is secure and we felt safe.
The room. Keeping in mind I paid $39 and was cheating on my favorite brand I felt I got what I paid for. Everything in the room worked well and the bed was comfortable. The only thing that bothered me was the carpet in the halls and our room. It was not dirty so much as needing to be replaced. For $39 I cannot complain but if the carpet was replaced it would totally change the hotel into a show place.
* no restaurant on site. I could not undo my dots)

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
Melvin W, General Manager at Studio 6 Dayton South - Miamisburg, responded to this review, 3 August 2012
Hello Joshua 41016!

Thank you for your great review...we do try our best to keep the glass clean even after the children come in and out of the lobby :-)

I am glad you had a good stay with us, and I hope that you will "cheat" on your favorite brand again soon!

Thank you for your suggestions as I will definitely pass those up to the powers that be!

Thank you again and we look forward to serving you again!
Reviewed 21 July 2012

I am currently in my room. While most people stay in hotels to visit this means they are not in them during the day. But unlike most hotels studio 6 has no night attendent for when most hotel problems occur. At night i had multiple encounters with people screaming in the hallway outside my door. I exit to get ice and there is a man screaming sexual remarks at me. I cannot reach anyone even from the emergency line. Even though they advertise free wifi which i need for work you have to get a specific prepaid credit card from the front desk which i of course cannot do. I call all numbers available on the phone to reach anyone at all to help they all say goodbye and hang up on me (automated voice) or go to a dial tone. One did go through though....to a man in a different state. There is food smeared on the floor throughout the hallway and the place smells of pee....which makes sense since our maresses are covered in pee stains. You can believe i will be asking for a refund and getting out of this hell hole tomorrow. I would not recommend for anyone!!!! Especially for $150 for two nights!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2012
Melvin W, General Manager at Studio 6 Dayton South - Miamisburg, responded to this review, 23 July 2012
Dear Guest,

I wanted to first thank you for staying with us here at Studio 6. You began your review stating you were a current guest with us...if that is the case, you should know the after hours number to the night attendant as it was provided upon check in, but also it is posted all over the front lobby. If you are having trouble, please ask for the GM at the front desk and I will be more than happy to assist.

While we have a night attendant, we do not have a night auditor such as Motel 6, thus they are only there for certain times during the night, but if there was an emergency, the manager is immediately notified. We walk the hallways regularly, I have never smelled or viewed the images you mentioned. I am confused though how you paid so much for two days, as none of our rates match this pricing you provided. If you do hear someone who is harrassing you or acting in the manner in which you described, please let the front desk know when you are available to come down as you stated you are a current guest and you and I can personally speak of these concerns.

I thank you for your time, although I wish you would have given me a call to voice your concerns, I will make sure I investigate with the information you have provided to me.
Michigan
Reviewed 17 July 2012

We were on our way south when a huge storm came through and knocked down trees and took out power to a huge portion of Ohio in late June 2012. Since the traffic was still backed up and it was late we decided to pull off and find a place to sleep. We checked all the popular places but due to the lack of power in so much of the area they were all booked up. We traveled around until we found this place and while it appeared scary at first (you have to pick up the phone to be buzzed in) but quickly turned into a pleasant experience. The rates were really cheap, the staff friendly and the rooms were clean. While it is a bit dated all we really cared was that we had a bed for the night but it came with a mini kitchen, the shower had great pressure and the bed was comfortable. My wife & I were surprised and very happy with our stay.

Room Tip: The hallways did smell like cigarette smoke but the room didn't.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Michigan_Family3
Hamilton, Ontario
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Booked this online sight unseen and got a great deal. Arrived expecting something a bit nicer than it turned out to be as the hotel doesn't look like anything special, but was pleasantly surprised by how clean the room was and the comfort of the bed. Bathroom was plain but very clean, lots of hot water and good shower pressure.

This is not a high or even mid-level hotel, very budget, very spartan, but clean and quiet, and conveniently just off the I-75. I got what I paid for, but I can't really find any fault with this hotel. Slept soundly and comfortably. Front desk service was fast and very friendly. Found no evidence of bed bugs in my room as I understand some previous guests had concerns about.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Pete483
Reviewed 4 May 2012 via mobile

I had to stay there for an emergency I payed a week stay I have a close friend that delivers pizza to that hotel when I told him were I was staying he told me that a few week prior he went to a room down from were we was staying the person that was staying in the room just check in and was setting in the hall way waitn on his food cause his room was covered in bed bugs so I check bed for them well my box spring was cover I ask the night host what she could do about it she move me to the room right next door I talk to the manager in the morning he told me since I wanted to leave early cause of the bed bugs I would have to pay full price for the 3 nights I stayed there 39$ a night instead 23$ a night after we washed our laundry the night we found them after we moved out of there in our clothes so they were in the room they moved us to oh not to say the crack head next door wanting to borrow my car for them to go get there fix I rather sleep in a tent that has holes in the pouring rain. The slum of a hotel the manager is the owner Wat a piece of donkey poop

• Stayed May 2012
4 Thank kornmeal
Melvin W, General Manager at Studio 6 Dayton South - Miamisburg, responded to this review, 6 May 2012
Sir, (I say sir as I know exactly who you are)

You were removed from the hotel by force. Please do not attempt to slander the hotel due to your inability to pay for a room.

Thank you.
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 25 February 2012

To all of you who are putting this hotel down I advise you to get your facts right. This hotel, while it was not the Ritz by any stretch of the imagination, definitely met all of my needs and wants, and I have stayed here frequently over multiple trips to Dayton for my various business issues. I was impressed by its location near the Dayton Mall and all kinds of places for me to hang out. I was encouraged by the staff, one lady in particular, and their ability to cater to what I needed. And if they could not accommodate me, they showed me how to figure it out for myself. The rooms are spacious and comfy, although I will admit some of the floors need a visit by Stanley Steamer, but thats nothing compared to everything else.

I firmly stand by this hotel, its staff and its service, and I can not wait to come back!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank Rob J
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miamisburg
Quality Inn & Suites Dayton South / Miamisburg
Comfort Suites Dayton South / Miamisburg
Red Roof Inn Dayton South - I-75 Miamisburg
Hampton Inn Dayton/Dayton Mall
Extended Stay America - Dayton - South
Homewood Suites by Hilton Dayton-South

Been to Studio 6 Dayton South - Miamisburg? Share your experiences!