“Casual Italian dining”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I have eaten there four times. Twice with a group of ladies, and twice with my husband and another couple. The first time with a group there was a couple of snafus from the kitchen, but at that time they had not been open very long. On all the other visits both food and service have been great. We will be going back and yes, I would recommend it.

There are newer reviews for Guilano an Anticoli Restaurant

Reviewed 5 March 2014

Dining at Giuliano tavern is an experience that will pair the multi-decades legacy of the Anticoli family with the long history of the building on Main St. that has been a restaurant of one form or another for many decades also. The Anticoli family heritage is from a small town near Rome, Italy called Giuliano di Roma, so the Restaurant was named to honor that heritage. The food for the most part is very good. For a while Giuliano staff struggled somewhat with consistency, but the current manager has customer satisfaction at the top of his goals.

The décor is charming enough, with the old tin plate ceiling still intact. The Anticolis made a great effort to rehab the building before moving in four years ago.

The eggplant parmigiana is one of my favorites dished. it is a big serving - plan to have the leftovers for lunch the next day!

1  Thank James K
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Been there several times foods always good .Its a nice old style downtown eatery.The serve seems to be back and forth one time excellant next time ok.
But we always enjoy it and would recommend it.

Reviewed 13 February 2014

We had been to this restaurant several months ago, and enjoyed it. Based on our positive experience, we went back on February 11 for an early Valentine's dinner. At 6:15, we were the only customers. I ordered a New York strip; my wife ordered eggplant. The New York strip was not very good - gristly and not piping hot; actually room temperature. Similarly, the baked potato was big enough but also not hot. The salads were good, but skimpy. Overall, this expensive dinner did not at all meet our expectations. I was willing to pay for a nice dinner out for my wife and myself for an early Valentine's day treat, but this time was a disappointment.

Reviewed 19 July 2013

Have gone here twice, both at unusual times of day to eat. Usually around 3:30 or 4:00. This has meant we have had the whole restaurant to ourselves. The first time was just my girlfriend and I. Excellent service. Exactly what you want from a server that was not too interfering, but showed attentiveness. The pizza was delicious. Large slices of tomato, and the salad beforehand had an EXCELLENT house dressing that still has my girlfriend talking. The second time we went, we were fortunate enough to get the same server. This time we brought along a 2 and 1/2 year old....uh oh. But we were brought some bread to hold him over and he enjoyed his noodles as well. Another delicious meal with calamari as the appetizer. At the end, the server was kind enough to provide a small bowl of ice cream for the child which was enjoyed by all. I hope this place succeeds because it is a terrific local eatery.