“Their assistance was invaluable.”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Miamisburg
English Manor Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Miamisburg
Reviewed 17 October 2011

Recently my husband & I were unexpectedly called in

I wanted the opportuinity to sing the praises of Julie during a recent family crisis. I recently had to travel back home to attend a funeral. I had very little time to make arrangements & had to act swiftly. The nature of my visit meant that plans were changing hour by hour. Julie did her best to help in the situation, by quick email responses. As it turned out, I did not stay at the English Manor B&B. I had to change location. The point that I wish to convey is that Julie went out of her way to help in what was a very difficult situation for me. I truely believe that she is a woman who cares about the service she provides. I would urge anyone who is looking for accomidation with a personal touch, to make contact with the B&B. A website is available.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 17 August 2010

I stayed at the Manor for nearly a month and half as business had taken me for the summer to Oh. I loved everything about my stay, the house, my room(s) - I stayed in 3 different rooms which was great fun-, and my hosts. The hosts are the nicest people you can imagine.
My husband visited me one weekend and Julie (the hostess) was kind enough to put me in an even nicer room when he was visiting. Another weekend my parents came to visit and they loved the house and my hosts too. In fact, I was so happy I think I will send my in-laws over in September when they come visit us from over the seas.
If you are ever in the area for short or long stay this is the place to be.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 July 2010

We stayed at English Manor in late June 2010 while in Miamisburg for our son’s wedding and fell in love with this charming B&B. Julie was very welcoming, fun to converse with and she took truly good care of us throughout our 5-day stay. Julie’s cooking was SO good, lots of fresh fruit, baking to die for, all nicely presented and we were offered abundant portions :) Julie and Larry treated us like family yet gave us all the space and privacy we wanted. This is a beautiful and impeccably clean & maintained, comfortable, historic home. The weather was HOT outside yet we felt very comfortable in the air-conditioned rooms. We highly recommend the English Manor ... it really is a 5-star B&B.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 July 2010

You'd be hard pressed to find better service anywhere, ever. B&B host Julie was absolutely delightful -- several of the members in our party felt like they'd made a new friend and were sad to say goodbye.

The food was absolutely fantastic. I'll say it again -- the food was absolutely fantastic.

The house itself is an aging but well-maintained, beautiful mansion. It's located in a quiet residential street just a few blocks from the quaint Miamisburg town centre which runs along the river and is home to restaurants, shops, churches, and friendly midwestern scenery.

It's a fantastic place to stay --Definitely recommended.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 April 2010

My husband and I traveled stayed at the English Manor for three nights. Julie and Larry were wonderful hosts! The home is absolutely beautiful with a lot of wonderful architecural details. The breakfasts were scrumptious! We definitely would choose to stay there again if returning to Dayton.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 January 2010

Personable host and convenient location. Only complaint is due to being able to hear every noise in the house. Would do well to have a whole-house speaker system, and play soft music in the hallways. Had a shared bathroom, and the toilet was noisy...causing us to be wakened in the night by the adjoining room using the restroom.

However, breakfast and conversation was wonderful...and it felt like a home away from home. Would recommend to anyone!

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 May 2007

There are not many B&B options in the Dayton area, but do not despair; the English Manor is an attractively pleasant, clean, and reasonably priced lodging option. It is located in a quiet residential area, but not too far off the interstate and easy to find. The innkeepers are warm and informative.
In addition, it is only blocks from a step back in time: Suttman's Clothing. If you wonder where the early 60's (or 50s or 40's) went, you must visit this family run clothing store on the main street in Miamisburg. Decent selection and pricing, but the interior decor is the thing-old school and proud of it. You cannot recreate this. Go! Now!

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled as a couple