“Just wow” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of English Manor Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Miamisburg
English Manor Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Miamisburg
Chicago, Illinois
“Just wow”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2010

I stayed at the Manor for nearly a month and half as business had taken me for the summer to Oh. I loved everything about my stay, the house, my room(s) - I stayed in 3 different rooms which was great fun-, and my hosts. The hosts are the nicest people you can imagine.
My husband visited me one weekend and Julie (the hostess) was kind enough to put me in an even nicer room when he was visiting. Another weekend my parents came to visit and they loved the house and my hosts too. In fact, I was so happy I think I will send my in-laws over in September when they come visit us from over the seas.
If you are ever in the area for short or long stay this is the place to be.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2010

We stayed at English Manor in late June 2010 while in Miamisburg for our son’s wedding and fell in love with this charming B&B. Julie was very welcoming, fun to converse with and she took truly good care of us throughout our 5-day stay. Julie’s cooking was SO good, lots of fresh fruit, baking to die for, all nicely presented and we were offered abundant portions :) Julie and Larry treated us like family yet gave us all the space and privacy we wanted. This is a beautiful and impeccably clean & maintained, comfortable, historic home. The weather was HOT outside yet we felt very comfortable in the air-conditioned rooms. We highly recommend the English Manor ... it really is a 5-star B&B.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2010

You'd be hard pressed to find better service anywhere, ever. B&B host Julie was absolutely delightful -- several of the members in our party felt like they'd made a new friend and were sad to say goodbye.

The food was absolutely fantastic. I'll say it again -- the food was absolutely fantastic.

The house itself is an aging but well-maintained, beautiful mansion. It's located in a quiet residential street just a few blocks from the quaint Miamisburg town centre which runs along the river and is home to restaurants, shops, churches, and friendly midwestern scenery.

It's a fantastic place to stay --Definitely recommended.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
Stafford, CT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2010

My husband and I traveled stayed at the English Manor for three nights. Julie and Larry were wonderful hosts! The home is absolutely beautiful with a lot of wonderful architecural details. The breakfasts were scrumptious! We definitely would choose to stay there again if returning to Dayton.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
Dayton, OH
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2010

Personable host and convenient location. Only complaint is due to being able to hear every noise in the house. Would do well to have a whole-house speaker system, and play soft music in the hallways. Had a shared bathroom, and the toilet was noisy...causing us to be wakened in the night by the adjoining room using the restroom.

However, breakfast and conversation was wonderful...and it felt like a home away from home. Would recommend to anyone!

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Kirkwood, MO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2007

There are not many B&B options in the Dayton area, but do not despair; the English Manor is an attractively pleasant, clean, and reasonably priced lodging option. It is located in a quiet residential area, but not too far off the interstate and easy to find. The innkeepers are warm and informative.
In addition, it is only blocks from a step back in time: Suttman's Clothing. If you wonder where the early 60's (or 50s or 40's) went, you must visit this family run clothing store on the main street in Miamisburg. Decent selection and pricing, but the interior decor is the thing-old school and proud of it. You cannot recreate this. Go! Now!

• Stayed May 2007, travelled as a couple
      Check-in / front desk
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2006

This establishment hosted my wedding. From the very start I must say that Julie and Larry gave us excellent service. The house is immaculate and a must see. Our wedding went extremely smooth and our needs were attended to at all times. I would highly recommend this place to anyone who would want to host a wedding or is looking to have a romantic weekend. We had a party of 25 people and I must say that everyone was thoroughly impressed and enjoyed their stay. We look forward to coming back on our anniversary.

The Jones's

• Stayed March 2006
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miamisburg
Hilton Garden Inn Dayton South
Homewood Suites by Hilton Dayton-South
Comfort Suites Dayton South / Miamisburg
Hampton Inn Dayton/Dayton Mall
Quality Inn & Suites Dayton South / Miamisburg
Courtyard Dayton South/Mall
Courtyard Dayton South/Mall
#4 of 13 in Miamisburg

Been to English Manor Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!