“Convenient, Nice Staff”

Courtyard Dayton South/Mall
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Miamisburg
Reviewed 7 May 2008

I stayed at Courtyard Dayton South on April30 thru May2 with my husband who was on a business trip. During the time that he was gone for the day, I could easily go over to the mall and shop since it is literally right across the street from the mall! Spent a morning in the pool with nice area to look out at the courtyard, and plenty of clean towels. Also, the day we were supposed to check out my husband didn't get out of his meeting until after check-out time, I called to the front desk and the staff allowed me to have a little more time in the room. They also offered me a free beverage while I waited for him to arrive back at the hotel.
The only bad thing I can say about this hotel is that the breakfast buffet is very much overpriced for the quality of the food. It was more like a continental breafast for $10?!? However, I did love the oatmeal, and I am pleased to say that my husband recieved a free breakfast every day for staying there on business. Overall, nice, clean rooms, comfy beds, lots of pillows, and housekeeping always called to see if I wanted my room cleaned if they weren't sure. Really friendly and helpful staff.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
There are newer reviews for Courtyard Dayton South/Mall

Reviewed 6 February 2008

Also stayed here during a business trip for a week in January. Hotel wise this is very clean and the staff were friendly. Rooms were a reasonable size and quite comfortable. It's got an indoor pool.

Out by the mall there's a few restaurants of note which are walkable if (horror of horror :-) you don't have a car with you in the states - albeit it's a short but very cold walk in January !.

It's $25.00 or so to Dayton downtown in a taxi if you were going that way and it's about $50 or so in a taxi from the airport.

There's no restaurant here but next door the Double tree has a nice bar/restaurant within very easy walking distance.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 29 May 2007

Spent three nights at this hotel during a business trip. The room was clean, had a comfortable, bed, clean, new linens, big desk, tv, clean bathroom. The room is not big, but the space is reasonable. I loved the fact that it had a nice sofa to relax after work. The staff at the front desk was very helpful. The hotel offers breakfast (not included in room), and they offered a good variety of foods.
On the downside, the hotel is in a business area, so there are very few options withing walking distance, and it takes a while to get a taxi cab. You definitely need a car, or choose something in Dayton.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled on business
2  Thank myosotis
Reviewed 19 February 2007

This was a good deal on Priceline. I bid 2 1/2 * in the South Dayton area. My only suggestion is to get directions, as it is in a business park, about 2 blocks east of the mall. I was offered a cookie at check-in. The hotel is older, but the room was clean. I loved the new furniture, draperies, and the curved shower rod. I'm not giving it an excellent rating because of a 1/4" hole in the sheet. (It looked like a small burn mark). Also, the corner of the room may have had some water damage.

• Stayed: February 2007, travelled with family
2  Thank tamaralea
Reviewed 29 January 2007

We have stayed at this hotel several times visiting family in the Dayton, Ohio area. Love this place - however, we defintely aren't paying $120/night like tripadvisor suggests. The hotel is immaculate. Like the rest of the reviews, it is located around everything. However, it sits off the road - a main highway so you will need a car to get to where you need to go. The highway is not pedestrian friendly. Tips: If you go to the other side of the mall - from the hotel you face the west side of the mall - there is everything from Panara Bread to PF Changs. The hotel is clean, everyone we have ever dealt with is super friendly, even when we roll up at midnight. It is quiet and the bed is comfy. Spacious rooms. The only bummer - which to some they don't know any different - they do not slip the receipt under your door at night. At first I thought this was because we arrived so late, but this happens whether we check in at 3pm or midnight. So you have to walk around to the front desk and check out. Tip: They offer to email a copy; don't do this if you have hotmail. It doesn't make it. Another bummer is if you are business, their breakfast - which does look great - is $10.95/pp. A free muffin, juice or coffee would be great. I say this everytime when I go to the desk clerk. They all agree and say they keep tabs on how many guests make that suggestion. Just another example of how friendly and helpful they are, they could roll their eyes and tell me to have a great day in a monotone voice. All and Alll this hotel is great. Clean, spacious, central located, quiet (especially after being with family all day...lol) and all employees are friendly. I would recommend this place but shop around on the internet, I don't think I would be paying more than $100 especially w/ no free breakfast.

• Stayed: January 2007, travelled as a couple
3  Thank jandjinky
Reviewed 15 April 2006

I stayed at this property for the weekend in April. It had refurbished rooms (with the new Courtyard appointments) and was very clean. I was there with my Dad, who has owned hotels for 30 years and is very picky about room cleanliness -- even he didn't have any complaints! The staff was friendly and courteous and seemed experienced. The night we arrived a group of high school kids were staying at the hotel. Although we had some concerns that it may be loud, we never heard a peep. The front desk staff was clearly conscious of the fact that there were other guests in the hotel who would not appreciate the noise.

The hotel is great for the business traveler, with a computer and printer available for guest use in the lobby (with internet access) and all of the rooms are also "on-line." The property is located adjacent to numerous business complexes and, of course, the Dayton Mall.

• Stayed: April 2006
2  Thank bluebell98
Reviewed 9 November 2004

My sister and I met up in Dayton for a concert back in October. The Courtyard Dayton South Mall was just right for our needs. It was comfortable and clean, and the staff was very pleasant. The breakfast buffet was good, too. After we had packed our bags and put them in our cars, we came back in to play a game of Scrabble at one of the little tables adjacent to the courtyard. Lovely!

3  Thank Here There and Everywhere
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miamisburg
Homewood Suites by Hilton Dayton-South
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Dayton - Miamisburg
Comfort Suites Dayton South / Miamisburg
SpringHill Suites Dayton South/Miamisburg
Hampton Inn Dayton/Dayton Mall
Hilton Garden Inn Dayton South

Been to Courtyard Dayton South/Mall? Share your experiences!