Courtyard Dayton South/Mall
Staybridge.com
  • Pool
US$78
Priceline
All reviewswater pressureroom was cleangreat hotelfront desk staffan older propertyshower curtainbusiness trippleasant staycontinental breakfastfitness centerwould definitely stay here againhot tubbistrolobbynaedaytonhighway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 May 2010

We had a pleasant, quiet king suite with a comfortable bed. But for full price I was disappointed that the breakfast buffet was an additional $10 per person. The hardwired internet worked well in the room (I didn't try the wireless).

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 October 2009

This hotel was like sleeping in a hostel. The first night I had to run the fan all night not to hear the baseball game on one side of my room and a woman on a cell phone on the other side. The next night I could actually hear the man in the next room snoring all night.

Coffee was also the worst I have ever had.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank Shatai
Reviewed 27 July 2009

The hotel has a convenient location, close to shopping and restaurants. It is an older hotel in need of updating. It was not as clean as I would have liked, when we arrived in our rooms we found trash left on the floor from the last guests. The bathroom ceiling was moldy and so were the tiles. Check in was easy and the hotel employees seemed pleasant. I would stay at the Homewood Suites across the street if I needed to travel to that area again.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank Xann
Reviewed 22 December 2008

Nothing too special about this Marriott but nothing to really complain about either, in regards to hotel comfort/safety. Early check-in was accomodated (11am). Hotel guest computer was adequate; however there is only one kiosk. The staff was friendly and helpful. Location accessiblity to the mall was useful. However, there are no sidewalks so getting to it is just a bit tricky. Breakfast bar was way too pricey and the breakfast potatoes were old and cold. Other breakfast options available nearby. Please note: the hotel van is not available for taking guests to the mall, which I found unacceptable.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 20 October 2008

The hotel overall was fine; nothing awful, but nothing great either. A few problems though - the walls are paper thin. I had the air conditioning going in my room and still heard the TV from the room next to me; thankfully, the guest went to bed before I did. Also, one side of the hotel faces a run-down looking motel, and my original room was on the first floor of that area, with a door leading directly outside. In today's world, I find that to be incredibly unsafe. When I asked to move, the only remaining upper floor room was a handicapped room - which was fine, but not optimal. My room smelled incredibly stale - almost as if it was a smoking room back when Marriott allowed smoking. It became less of a nuisance the longer I was in the room, but again, not optimal. The bed and bathroom were both fine, as you expect with a chain like Courtyard. Overall, the hotel needs a bit of a face lift - it is not nearly as nice or up to date as others I have stayed in this year. I would try another hotel the next time I'm in the area.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)