“Nice atmosphere; good German fare in large portions”

Kreimer's Bier Haus
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Miamitown
Cuisines: German
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 5 May 2012

I met a friend at Kreimer's for dinner and were able to sit outside at the back of the restaurant with a nice view overlooking the Miami River.

We had the beer cheese pretzel bread for an appetizer and they were large, soft pretzel "rods" that you could dip in a beer-cheese sauce that had a bit of a zing to it.

We both ordered the Bier Cheese Mettwurst for $14.95. When the plates arrived, we were both surprised by the large size of the portion served on a plate that bordered on being a small platter.

The mettwurst was served on a bed of sauerkraut that also contained carmelized onions and pickles, a unique combination that could be an acquired taste for some.

Service was average. Our server seemed to be a bit busy and wasn't as attentive or friendly as she could have been.

Including a couple of beers and tip, my total bill (for myself) was $36, which I thought was a little pricey.

I would return to try something else on the menu.

Reviewed 3 May 2012

Kreimer's is located along the Miami River with a fantastic "back patio." Not only can you eat out back from the restaurant itself, but they have multiple stairs and ramps to various outbuildings. It was just at the end of winter when I dined so they were not yet open, but it appeared that there was at least one with a bar and that they were wired for musical entertainment as well. The atmosphere inside is very dark and old world, they have a Bar/Lounge area separate from the dining area. My waiter seemed new or confused, but there were plenty of other servers in the area that were able to help him/me out. That is the only reason for 4 instead of 5 stars. The Beer and Beer Cheese pretzels were fantastic. I enjoyed the Bavarian Chicken so much (cinnamon apples and swiss cheese with roasted pecans on grilled chicken breast.) That I saved half of it, bought some lunchbag freezer inserts, got them cold at the fridge at my hotel and brought my leftovers home for my husband to try. If that doesn't tell you it is good, I do not know what would.