“Upgraded nice room, a couple issues”

Motel 6 Cleveland - Middleburg Heights
Ranked #11 of 11 Hotels in Middleburg Heights
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed for the night and were pleasantly surprised by what looked like a recently remodeled room. Very large room, you could get and extra air mattress on the floor if needed. Not much seating, just had one desk chair. It's just basically a place to stay for the night. All the employees were very nice and personable. The bed wasn't the best for a large person, but everybody else in my party didn't have a problem with them. The water pressure was really weak and I smelled of sulfur after my morning shower. Don't know what that is about, but I've never had that problem before. The sink also had a leak underneath that got the floor and my only pair of clean socks wet:( I'm sure that is probably fixed by now. I would probably stay again if I couldn't find anyplace else that was economical, but would check around first.

Room Tip: WIFI cost an extra $3.00 a day.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Motel 6 Cleveland - Middleburg Heights

Reviewed 18 June 2014

I stayed in a brand new room. It had no carpet: laminate wood floors wall to wall. The plumbing fixtures were new. Rhonda at the front desk was incredibly nice and friendly, despite having worked all night. This was a better experience than I have had at some much more expensive hotels.

Room Tip: Get one that has been remodeled.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank EastCoastMarc
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Motel 6 was being refurbished when we stayed there ...we were given one of the new rooms which are amazing....polished wooden floors ...huge room..very very clean..we tried to get a room there a few days later but they we're full!!.so we stayed at the red roof next door which was also good!!

Room Tip: Just ask for whatever you want..smoking or nonsmoking....it's a good motel!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 December 2013

We decided to stay here after being on the road all day. I requested a non-smoking room. When we opened the door, it smelled of stale smoke. There was not 1 sign of comfort when looking into the room. I told my daughter not to put the luggage on the floor. We took a quick drive and returned to pick up our stuff and leave. I went to the front desk and a week long guest was having an argument with the front desk person. The staff handled it professionally. She took the time to stop and help me. I was refunded after explaining my Grandson has asthma, no questions asked. There was also a large barking dog in the room next to us. We drove less then a block and stayed at the Red Roof Inn. The difference was night and day. It only cost roughly $20.00 more. Well worth it.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Booked this motel as all others were full because of Senior Games in Cleveland.
Housekeeping made up the room only after the first 4 days, and then on the last 2 days out of my 7 night stay; not good enough.
The toilet leaked (water) and burnt out lights weren't fixed. A microwave or a frig would have been nice, as the price wasn't much different from motels that do supply these.
I found the 3 'working girls' and their 'manager' a bit intimidating on the first evening, when they were shouting at a 'customer', and then gave me the stare down.

Room Tip: Upper floor has less traffic noise.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Cleveland - Middleburg Heights, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2013

Dear Jack7361 - We apologize for the room maintenance and service issues you encountered during your recent stay. These issues are not consistent with our standards for quality at Motel 6. Please kindly contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide you with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Reviewed 29 May 2013

We booked here because of the price, mainly, and because it was near where we were traveling. I thankfully didn't encounter many of the disgusting pitfalls that other reviewers had with their rooms. Ours was a ground floor room and was dated, slightly musty and tired looking but was also quiet and the queen bed was surprisingly comfortable. I was able to get two extra pillows and unlimited coffee in the lobby (that is all that they serve in the morning) but between that and the snack machines, it was enough. As hubby said, "it did the job." If you don't expect too much, you won't be disappointed. As someone else pointed out, there is a newer Red Roof and also a Days Inn right beside this hotel if you prefer those chains. I was suprised to see that they allow pets with no surcharge. I have no problem with the room nor with the staff. They were all very nice to us during our stay.

Room Tip: I always ask for a room away from the highway.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 February 2013

I like the Motel 6 chain, but this place does not meet the basic standards of that chain. Asked for a nonsmoking room, got a room that smelled rancid with smoke. The blanket had cigarette burn holes. Has laundry machine, but general atmosphere is run down and extra sketchy. Also how are there still motel 6s where you have to pay for Internet? I thought Motel 6 had phased that out by now, as the last several I've stayed in have included it. This place is creepy, rundown, a definite miss - go somewhere else.

• Stayed: February 2013