“A Hampton that should be benchmark for other Hamptons!”

Hampton Inn and Suites Cleveland Airport / Middleburg Heights
Warnerville NY
“A Hampton that should be benchmark for other Hamptons!”
Reviewed 3 May 2012

This Hampton Inn and Suites surprised me from the moment I arrived. Coming in close to midnight and clearly exhausted, front desk angel Kristina immediately upgraded me to a one-bedroom suite with whirlpool that was bigger than my HOUSE. (Really. But that's another story.) The bathroom area boasted a whirlpool tub and stall shower, with an outside sink and vanity. The two-bed sleeping room was beautifully decorated and spit-shine clean. The living room with fireplace was comfortable and the (surprise!) kitchenette well set up. (They could use a bit more in the way of service utensils, however.)

Breakfast was typical Hampton fare, but the servers went out of their way to assure that everything was plentiful, the right temperature, and fresh.

The front desk staff gave wonderful suggestions regarding what to do in Cleveland for my short visit. (Overall, this group of staffers is consistently 120% in attitude, helpfulness and the ability to anticipate a guest's needs. Kudos all around.)

This Hampton had been recently renovated, and the decor was more upscale than I imagined a Hampton would have. (All you former hippies or 80s techno people will love the raucously lively rug pattern that leads you down your hallways!)

All in all, this was a fabulous Hilton stay and I've already booked to come back in September!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 9 April 2012

I stayed here for one night, before catching a plane from Cleveland to my next destination.

The room was clean and updated. One detail I noticed was they provided many more power outlets than other hamptons. There's even one installed on the night stand next to my bed. Great idea. I was close to a number of local, as well as major chain restaurants. I tried a local organic restaurant called Tree Hugger Cafe. It was very good! Also used the fitness center at the hotel. It has been updated as well, integrating free weights with the cardio equipment.

If you're going to the airport, the property is about 8 minutes away - very easy to find.

For one night, this was a great choice for lodging. I'll go back during my next visit.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 7 April 2012

I read the great reviews on this hotel before deciding to book a stay here. Even the best review didn't do it justice. We stayed in the 1 bdrm 2 Queen Fireplace Kitchen Whirlpool suite and it was amazing. It was beautifully decorated and spacious. The staff is the most accommodating, genuinely friendly staff I have ever been serviced by. From the front desk to the sweet lady managing the breakfast area. We were able to check in early and check out late. We had a great time at the indoor pool and were able to take care of our laundry in the laundry facilities. The breakfast was plentiful and delicious. The lobby and breakfast areas are large and beautifully decorated. I love how the food stations are in a separate adjacent area from the seating so you don't feel cramped. 5 stars are not enough and when I return to the area I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 30 March 2012

My daughter and I stayed here this past weekend while in the area to visit a local college. I had never been to the area before and was worried about my choice as it is so difficult to choose a hotel online (as our stay the night before in Michigan can attest to - not to worry, it was a different hotel chain). It is for this reason that I am submitting a review... I want you to know that if you choose to stay here, you have made an excellent choice!
We knew we were in for a treat when greeted by Courtney at the front desk. She was so friendly and welcoming! Check-in was a breeze, and as we were given our room keys we were told of the managers receptions being held for the next three evenings.There would be pizza and drinks(wine, beer, soda) served to their guests free of charge that evening (and different main dish items the following 2 evenings). When I asked "why" I was told it was just their way to say welcome and thank you to their guests - WOW! Needless to say, after a long day of travel this was such a nice treat! And the pizza was delicious!
The room: CLEAN! This hotel is currently being remodeled, and our new room was lovely. It almost had that "new car smell". The beds were so comfortable and clean. They not only provide you with a freshly made bed (it's a sad fact that not all hotels actually change the sheets, yuck!) but they even change the duvet cover! No disgusting bedspread to wonder about :) The bathroom was stocked with the typical products, nothing fancy, but I always bring my own anyways. The towels were thick and soft and a really nice size. A stocked coffee maker was in the room along with a mini fridge and microwave. All nice additions, but I didn't even use the coffee maker as I only had to go down to the lobby at any time of the day or night to grab a freshly brewed cup! Not a coffee drinker? That's ok because they also had hot water at the ready with a nice stock of hot cocoa and tea bags. There was also a tray of cookies at the reception desk which they kept filled, along with a bowl of fruit (apples, oranges, bananas).
I haven't even mentioned the complimentary breakfast... a very nice continental/buffet spread which included quite a range of items (cold cereal, hot oatmeal, danish, muffins, doughnuts, bread, bagels, scrambled eggs, sausage, potatoes, make-you-own waffles, yogurt, fruit... just to name a few!) The woman working the breakfast service is super friendly asking about our stay and making sure we were happy with our breakfast. We were! A nice bonus - if you were strapped for time in the morning, they would have a breakfast to go ready for you at the reception desk. Very nice.
Pool and Workout Room:The pool looked nice but we did not have time to use it. I could actually see the filter at work though and it looked very clean. I did find time to use the workout room which was more than sufficient during traveling. There were two treadmills, two ellipticals, a bike, an exercise ball, medicine balls, and free weights. It was very clean and the equipment looked fairly new. Additionally, the room had a flat screen tv and a water dispenser, and a nice supply of clean towels.
I cannot say enough about how pleasant our stay was at the Hampton Inn. It was so refreshing to not have one thing to be disappointed in! The staff were so accommodating and you could tell they really were interested in making sure their guests were well taken care of. I will absolutely be staying here again when visiting the area!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank kpbry
bkinnear, Management Company Representative at Hampton Inn and Suites Cleveland Airport / Middleburg Heights, responded to this review, 3 April 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your recent stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites Middleburg Heights! On behalf of the management and staff of our property, we are honored that you took the time to let others know about your experience at our beautiful newly renovated hotel!

We look forward to having you as our guests again soon!

Kindest Regards,
Betsy Kinnear
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 19 January 2012

A great stay as always at Hampton! Definitely recommend. Staff was wonderful and property well maintained and clean. Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 12 January 2012

My husband and I stayed here over the Christmas holiday and were pleasantly surprised with this hotel. We've stayed at a few other Hampton Inn properties before so we somewhat knew what to expect. The location of the hotel was great for our visit to the North Olmsted area - extremely close to the airport (they offer a free shuttle) and just off one of the major highways. While it wasn't extremely close to any real "destinations", there were several restaurants and convenience stores nearby. There is a Max and Erma's across the street from the hotel as well as a nearby Olive Garden, Friendly's, Perkins, and a few fast food chains.

The majority of the hotel appears to have been recently renovated and the lobby was nicely decorated for the holidays. The lobby was nice and open with a double-sided fireplace and comfortable seating. Check in was a breeze and our room was even available a little early. We were given a King room and it was decently spacious and nicely furnished with ample room to put our luggage. There was a large fridge and microwave which would be ideal for longer stays. The room appeared to be very clean and well-maintained with no visible scuff marks, scratches, or dents anywhere. The bathrooms apparently have not yet been updated (according to the hotel staff they are expecting to have that completed sometime in 2012), so our bathroom was probably the single disappointment of the room. That being said there was nothing really "wrong" with it other than sheer aesthetics, though we did notice some peeling paint in some of the corners. There was more than enough counterspace and everything was clean so I guess we can't really complain too much. The bed was very comfortable and we both slept very soundly.

The fitness room was small but decent with two treadmills, an elliptical, one bike, free weights, and an exercise ball. Not real complaints there. There is also an indoor pool available for guests that looked to be a decent size (I didn't actually go into the pool area). There is also a business center available with two computers (no additional cost).

Breakfast is included and was your standard hotel fare. They did have both hot and cold options available as well as fresh fruit and yogurt. Everything was definitely edible and I think almost everyone could find something to meet their needs. The breakfast seating area was really nice with ample tables and booth-style seating. We never had to wait for a table despite a few busy morning.

The one stand out item about this property is the staff, especially the woman that was working the breakfast station a few of the mornings. Every staff member we encountered was exceptionally friendly and really went out of their way to meet the needs of their guests. They truly made us feel welcome and their positive demeanor was refreshing. The woman working breakfast (I believe her name was Kathy) was so incredibly nice and really treated us as if we were her own family, not just random hotel guests. The staff here truly does shine - kudos to them!!

Overall I would absolutely recommend this hotel - the staff alone made for a pleasant stay but the comfortable accommodations and great location really made for a great value.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 27 November 2011

I've stayed at this site 3x in the past year, and every time the staff has gone above and beyond. This time, they were able to move us to a suite when we realized the 2-queen room was too small, as we had booked several rooms for the T-giving holiday they did not charge us for the upgrade.

The facility is clean, and there's a good variety at the breakfast buffet.

Room Tip: The standard size rooms have no room for a roll-away.