Courtyard Cleveland Airport South
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
TownePlace Suites Cleveland Airport(Middleburg Heights)
View Hotel
Comfort Inn Cleveland Airport(Middleburg Heights)
View Hotel
All reviewsstarbucks coffeefront deskhot tubnice hotelenjoyed our staywould stay here againbusiness centerup to datestayed here for one nightnice roomexcellent stayindoor poolfitness centerchecking innight's sleepbed was comfortablestaff was friendly
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 September 2012

This hotel is highly recommended! The staff is sincerely pleasant and helpful (and not just acting helpful because they were trained to do so) - this is what makes a hotel a fantastic place to stay. Bo and Tiya at the front desk were great, and every staff person I saw in the elevators or hallways greeted me and asked about my stay. It was convenient, and the airport shuttle was smooth and timely. Hotel room was perfect and spotless, with a comfy bed. The decor in the lobby is very inviting. But ultimately, it is the staff that makes this hotel wonderful.

Room Tip: Some rooms have balconies, some don't, so ask for that if it is important to you.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 September 2012

Rooms were good and very basic (I do not need anything fancy). The walls could use a little touch up of paint, but other than that, everything was good. A lot of space and the bed was comfy. Shower was nice too. Our room had a refrigerator, microwave and also a balcony. I would stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed 18 August 2012

The first thing you notice about this hotel is the filthy carpets in the halls and the tired appearance of this hotel. The carpet in the room a little bit better. It is hard to believe this is a Courtyard - I usually have good luck with Marriotts, but you can not just assume a Marriott property will be a nice place (based on this experience) - even at $180 per night. Unfortunately, it seams you can not be brand loyal when it comes to hotels.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 August 2012

I stayed at this hotel several years ago, and had the opportunity to stay again this week. It's a great hotel, with great amenities. Reasonably priced, very clean, beautiful lobby, nice indoor pool, beautiful outdoor patio/grounds, shuttle to/from the airport. The staff is great and will go out of your way for you (as they did for me TWICE this week). I wouldn't stay anywhere else while in Cleveland. Love it!

Room Tip: I stayed on the 2nd floor overlooking the grounds in the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 August 2012

I've really enjoyed staying at this Courtyard in the past. And when I stay next door at the Towneplace Suites, which "offers" bland, grab-and-go food, I make a point of walking over to the Courtyard in the morning for an outstanding buffet breakfast. Omelets, potatoes, bacon, pancakes, wonderful drip coffee - they had it all.

After a year's absence, I am in Cleveland again, and just walked into the Courtyard. They have radically re-designed the dining room, a la the Marriott "Bistro" concept. God, what a disappointment! Gone are the elaborate, custom-made breakfasts. You get about four rigid choices (no omelets, for example). That's it. And the turkey BLT I just had for dinner was a study in overpriced mediocrity.

Tomorrow morning, I have nothing to look forward to - just those three or four boring choices on the overhead "menu" above the counter. No more "whatever you ask for" breakfasts in a real restaurant section and no more of that great coffee. (From now on, it's Starbuck's at Courtyard, which in my opinion make horrid drip coffee. But the marketing people must be right - after all, it's Starbuck's!)

I had noticed the "Bistro" layout at other Courtyards I've stayed at in the past year, but didn't realize it was a Marriott-wide change. That makes Courtyards a lot less desirable.

This is still a comfortable, pleasant hotel, with good rates. But I've got to re-think my previous commitment to Marriott now...

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo