“Very Nice Hotel”

Crowne Plaza Cleveland Airport
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Very Nice Hotel”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I stayed here for a wedding, and everything was just fantastic. The room was clean, the bed huge and so comfortable, and the bathroom newly renovated. There were also little touches that made the stay even better, like the relaxation kit (lotion, essential oil spray) waiting on the bed when we arrived. The staff here was very friendly, and the check-in and check-out went smoothly. The wedding venue was great, too!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mari818
Mitzi S, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Cleveland Airport, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Thank you so much for your kind words. Your feedback is so important to our hotel's success! Congratulations to the newlyweds...we host many weddings and are so glad you enjoyed the celebration. We will be sure to pass along your comments to our team, and hope to have the opportunity to serve you again. Happy Memorial Day!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

To say we were immensely disappointed in our experience at Crowne Plaza is an understatement. After reserving a room with a king bed we arrived and were told that there were none available. After some searching one magically appeared. As we made our way to the room we saw that they cleaning crew had not even begun cleaning it. The cleaning crew polite found us another room on the same floor, and even brought back up 2 new keys. Upon leaving the room for dinner and returning we found that our keys did not work. After 2 separate trips to the front desk maintance was finally called to check on the problem.

We attempted to get some sleep between the unbelievably loud air conditioner shutting off and on, we were awoken at 12:55AM by a front desk clerk knocking at our door, to check and see if anyone was currently in our room. Evidently the room change was never fixed in the computer system, and he felt that 12:55am was the best time to check on the situation.

After choosing to stay here several times before, we will definitely give great consideration into to choosing one of the many other nearby hotel options in the future.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Kevind17, I was very saddened to learn about your recent experience at the Crowne Plaza Cleveland Airport. I am so sorry that we failed to provide clean and comfortable accommodations while you were our guest. I only wish I had known about these issues prior to your departure so we could have made it right. I would love to invite you back with my compliments so you can enjoy a wonderful stay, one to exceed your expectations. Please contact me directly by phone - 440-243-4040 or email - mshaw@crowneplazacle.com. I look forward to hearing from you! Mitzi Shaw, General Manager
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We took our basketball team from Toronto CND to Ohio and stayed at the Crowne Plaza Hotel cle and form the service to the food to the attention to detail they showed, exceeded all of my expectations. The staff accommodated every single request we had and did so with a smile. I must say the service from the back end to the front desk was incredible. We are most definitely returning next year as we know the service is top notch. The staff genuinely make you feel valued and appreciated!! An incredible overall experience!! If you are staying in the Cleveland area, this is the hotel to stay at!

Room Tip: We had rooms everywhere, they were all fantastic
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Mitzi S, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Cleveland Airport, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with fellow travelers on Trip Advisor! It was our pleasure to host your team's visit to Cleveland, and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.
Butler, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 13 May 2014

My family and I have stayed at the Crowne Plaza in Middleburg Heights, OH a number of times over the past four years that our daughter was a student at Baldwin Wallace University. The rooms are clean and comfortable and are a great value especially since the hotel has a special pricing for visitors and families of BWU students.We have always felt welcome and well cared for by the staff. This is our final time staying at this hotel due to our daughter's recent graduation, but will continue to seek out IHG hotels during our future travels As always the staff, especially Melanie and Brittany at the front desk, were friendly, and helpful as we have become accustomed over the past four years.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Crowne Plaza Cleveland Airport. More importantly, congratulations to your daughter on her recent graduation from Baldwin Wallace University. You must be very proud! We are honored that your family chose our hotel as your "home away from home" while you visited, and are glad you took advantage of our special BWU room rate. Thank you for your comments about Brittany and Melanie. We are lucky to have them on our team, and will be sure to pass along your kind words. Please feel free to contact me directly if there is anything I can do for you in the future.
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I stay at 200+ hotels a year so when I come across a staff that deserves a special mention, I like to make sure I do so (conversely as well, when it isn't so special.....). I checked in late at the Crowne Plaza and Melanie and Alex were super pleasant and helpful even though they were at the tail end of their shift. I would return to this hotel when I am in the area and need overnight accommodations.

1 Thank Kevin P
Thank you so much for staying with us. We realize you have many lodging choices, and are most appreciative of your loyalty. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us, and that Melanie and Alex provided you with exceptional service. Please don't hesitate to contact me if there is anything we can do to make your next visit perfect!
North Royalton, Ohio
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

I really liked the Crowne Plaza. The airport location, with complimentary shuttle transportation, was easy to navigate. I appreciated the upgrade to a nice room with a patio... thank you! The hotel is clean and well-maintained, and it only took me 15-20 minutes to downtown Cleveland. Chain hotel restaurants aren't typically known for stellar dining experiences. Bucci's is on the hotel"s lower level, and I had the best Chicken Marsala ever! And don't miss the strawberry salad. I am happy to have a new "home away from home" when traveling to Cleveland.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Thank you so much for your kind words. Our team works very hard to ensure each and every guest experiences a total quality stay, and to keep our hotel clean and well maintained. It was our pleasure to provide a complimentary room upgrade...glad you enjoyed it! I echo your sentiments about Bucci's. The Chicken Marsala and Strawberry Salad are on my list of favorites, as well! We look forward to serving you again.
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I conduct yearly training at the hotel with a group ranging in size from 160-190 employees. I have always had a positive experience which has led to my return business. The staff is very attentive to our needs and works hard to ensure everything goes off without a hitch. James with the audio visual does an exceptional job and is also another main reason for our return business. Nancy does an excellent job managing the requirements of our group throughout the day and her help has proved to help things run smoothly year after year.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Wow! Thank you very much for your review. It truly made my day. We are, indeed, very lucky to have Nancy and James on our team. We appreciate your kind words. It was my pleasure to have had the opportunity to meet you during your last training session. We sincerely appreciate your business. Please don't hesitate to contact me if there is anything more we can do for you and your company!