“Melanie is the Best” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Crowne Plaza Cleveland Airport

Crowne Plaza Cleveland Airport
“Melanie is the Best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

I've seen too many airports packed with tourists and mediocre hotels in the past few weeks. I'm over it. Because of Melanie, traveling isn't so bad right now. I got treated like royalty when I checked in, not sure why, I guess just because she's that nice. The room is very nice as well, but customer service is where this property really shines. Thank you!

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank theCTgrower
Mitzi S, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Cleveland Airport, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Thank you for the feedback on your recent visit with us at the Crowne Plaza Cleveland Airport. I will be sure to pass along the kind words on to the staff. Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza Cleveland Airport and hope to see you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

Great hotel! Melanie rocked the check-in! Great hospitality Melanie! Thanks so very much for the warm welcome. Very nice hotel with highly recommended restaurant on site - Buccis'! Can't wait for dinner.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Mitzi S, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Cleveland Airport, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Thank you for taking time away from your schedule to write a review. We are happy to hear that you had such a positive experience, we strive to exceed our guests expectations. We take to heart any and all input from our guests. We hope to see you again in the near future!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

We booked two hotel rooms this past Friday night. We came from Pittsburgh for a 5k race. The hotel rooms were actually very nice. It was great to have a decent restaurant and bar as well. The beds were very comfortable and the staff was very friendly. I would recommend this hotel if we were coming back to Cleveland.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Los Gatos, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

We stayed here one night because we had an early morning flight out of the Cleveland airport and it met our needs of being close to the airport. The hotel is located about a 15 minute drive from the rental car return at the airport, which was fairly convenient.

We booked through Hotwire and were satisfied with the rate we paid. However, I agree with many of the other reviewers that this Crowne Plaza is not nearly as nice as you would expect from a Crowne Plaza hotel. The room was fairly small and the bathroom was just okay. The biggest problem is that when we awoke at 5am and opened the bathroom door, we smelled cigarette smoke, which must have entered through the vents and quickly made the room smell. The entire hotel is supposed to be 100% smoke-free, but the smoke smell was strong and unpleasant.

Pros:
Close to airport
Comfortable bed

Cons:
Strong cigarette smell in bathroom even though hotel is smoke-free
Requested a quiet room, but were put in a handicapped room near the elevator instead

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank CA_Photographer
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Cleveland Airport, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear CA_Photographer,

Thank you for giving us the pleasure to host you recently and for taking the time to review our hotel. I appreciate your kind comments regarding our beds. However, it is regrettable that your stay was negatively affected by the room that was assigned to you and the unusual smell in the bathroom. Rest assured that your feedback will be used to consider improvements where needed.

Once again, thank you for staying and I hope you give us another chance to provide you with an exceptional stay in the future.

Faith R
Case Manager
IHGCare
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

My day could not have been any crazier after a 5 hour drive, intense business meeting, went to the wrong Crown Plaza hotel first and finally arrived at the correct Crown Plaza hotel near the airport. I was welcomed at the front desk by Melanie with a nice smile and enthusiastic hello and "can I help you." After giving her my reservation number, she so kindly apologized and told me my reservation is for next Sunday night, not Tuesday night...my mistake! Hotel was completely sold out so she and the front desk team went into action to find another hotel in the area, which they did...Holiday Inn down the road. This made a very long day end on a positive note. Thank you Melanie for making guests feel at home.

Mike

Room Tip: I did not actually stay at the hotel due to my mistake but will come back because of the welcome and...
Antwerp, OH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

I watched Melanie and Vernon, the dynamic duo at the reception desk, treat customers ahead of me with kindness and warmth. They were even better when my husband an I checked in! The friendliness and professionalism will keep me coming back for more. We love Crowne Plaza-Cleveland Airport!

• Stayed June 2014
Redlands, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

My husband stayed here last week while on a business trip. His company paid for the room on their company credit card, but as is customary, the hotel asked for a credit card upon his arrival for any incidentals. While my husband was there, the hotel charged the stay on HIS personal credit card, even though the room had already been paid for by his company on their credit card. After checking with our bank, my husband informed the front desk about the double charge for the room and they said they would "take care of it right away". Right away took 2 days but right before his check out, they did reverse the charge. BUT 10 mins later after the charge was reversed, our bank card was charged AGAIN!! This time for a different amount, about $10 cheaper. So again, my husband went back to the front desk, but now they told him that his credit card hadn't been charged and that the pending charge would just drop away. So now, he is back home, he LEFT THE HOTEL 4 DAYS AGO, and the charge has appeared on our credit card. He spoke to VERNON, the hotel manager there which denied anything had been charged to our card. Only after calling with our bank rep on the line, did he admit to the room charges, but not again, the hotel is saying we have to wait "a couple days" for our money back. Will we get our money back?? Who knows... Will they continue charging our credit card ?? I hope not.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Mitzi S, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Cleveland Airport, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear Claudia M,

I am very sorry to learn about the billing experience your husband had while he was our guest. Might you possibly consider contacting us personally so we can correct the situation immediately? Wesley Townsell is our Guest Services Manager, and can be reached by phone: 440-243-4040 or email: wtownsell@crowneplazacle.com. We hope you will give us another opportunity to provide an exceptional lodging experience.