“An okay overnight stop”

Comfort Inn Cleveland Airport
Bloomfield Township, Michigan
“An okay overnight stop”
Reviewed 28 July 2013

The location just off I71 near Cleveland Airport is convenient for many purposes. This is a typical roadside type hotel. It is getting a bit older and could use some updating. However, it served the purpose of providing inexpensive overnight lodging. The room had the usual amenities and was quite large. Breakfast was included and was what usually is expected. Since we managed to get a very good rate this turned out to be a good value.

Room Tip: Suggest asking for a room on the second floor, since rooms on the first floor may have issues with h...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Glendive, Montana
Reviewed 23 July 2013

We stayed at this hotel last year during the Cleveland Irish festival and were very pleased. Everything was great, including the shuttle driver. We went back to the festival again this year, and I used my choiceprivileges points for my stay. (4 nights) We were not impressed at all, and were surprised at how much this property had gone downhill.

Check-in was ok. The desk clerks were friendly enough. But not helpful like last year. In fact, my wife made a few trips to the front desk with requests, and they were all either ignored or she was told they couldn't help. Not at all like last year.

The room...last year's room was nice. This year's room was not. No refrigerator. No microwave. Very basic room. The bed looked old, but was comfortable. The room was clean (the first night). Since we were attending the Irish festival every day, we did not get back to the hotel until around midnight (when the festival got over). As such, we slept in until around 8:30 or 9:00 each morning. I should also mention we are from the Mountain time zone, so 9:00 Cleveland time is actually 7:00 a.m. our time, so it wasn't really sleeping in. Anyway, we hung the do not disturb sign so we wouldn't be walked in on by the maids while sleeping. The first morning, a letter was slipped under the door saying housekeeping was skipping our room because we had the do not disturb sign out. In every other hotel I have ever stayed at, the housekeeper has come back to my room later in the morning if the sign was out. Apparently not at this Comfort Inn. The letter did say that if we wanted our room cleaned, we had to let the desk know by 1:00 p.m. We decided we could go one day without housekeeping. Our room was never cleaned in the four days - including days when we pulled the sign off the door before housekeeping made it down to our side of the hall. We finally jut grabbed a big box and piled our trash in it.

The first floor ice machine was padlocked, and when a hotel employee saw me walking around the halls with my ice bucket, he yelled at me to go to the second floor, which I did and found ice. Unfortunately, the hotel was being occupied by a large group of kids and the ice machine was almost always empty.

Breakfast - They did have a hot breakfast. bacon and eggs every morning. A few other items, such as muffins, doughnuts, etc. Nothing special, but better than some. The lady working the breakfast room, however, could use some direction in customer service, or maybe the whole hotel is suffering from a lack of this. The reason I say this is because on the mornings I would go down for breakfast, it was usually between 8:30-9:00. The food starts to run out around 8;30 and is not restocked. Promptly at 9:00 a.m., a rope is pulled across the doorway and breakfast is done and over. Even if the room is packed with people.

Nothing at this hotel was terrible, but nothing was great either. A far cry from our experience last year. If we go back to the festival again next year, we will probably stay somewhere else, even though the location is excellent.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Columbia
Reviewed 9 June 2013

I used my reward points to stay at this place and they were completely wasted. While the overall condition of the hotel is so-so, be prepared to be sorely disappointed if you encounter a problem with your stay. The general manager, Lindsey Stoneman, will make no effort to offer basic customer service. I tried repeatedly to come to an amicable resolution to no avail. She even went as far as to say that she didn't care that I was considering abandoning my Diamond membership with the hotel chain because of her poor response to the situation. I can't recommend this place given that chances are pretty good that you are going to have a problem and no one in charge is going to care.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Heather W

Travellers are raving about these Middleburg Heights hotels

New Britain, Connecticut, United States
Reviewed 13 May 2013

Looking at other reviews seemed accurate, but it was perfect for what i needed. Staff seemed nice to me, breakfast room was small but the food was above average compared to others. My only complaints - my gps didnt know where it was making it impossible to find, and the exercise room doesnt have any weight equipment.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Bellefonte, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 30 April 2013

The hotel seemed clean overall. The heat/air was noisy when it kicked on, so had to turn the TV up if you were watching anything interesting. The TV picture quality was not the greatest either. The dining area was a bit small. If you went to breakfast at the same time a few others did, you may be taking your food back to your room since there were only a few tables and not a big selection for breakfast. I only saw one staff member during my stay and she was working to keep breakfast items stocked....but was not a friendly person.
Otherwise the place is close to some shopping and very close to the highway, so was easy to get back on to go home.

1 Thank tlcmeb
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 30 April 2013

I've stayed here twice now. I agree with what has been said for the most part. I did find the front desk staff a little cold. But they answered my questions. I went up to the desk and asked the clerk, "how are you"? Her reply was "busy". She said it in a way that implied she was too busy to help me and that I was being a bother. The air/heating unit was louder than I would have liked. The room was clean. There was no mini fridge or micorwave. I would pay a couple of more bucks for a nicer hotel but this will always do in a budget pinch. And they are pet friendly. The breakfast was good. Hey free is always good.

Reviewed 14 April 2013

This property is old and tired. They do their best to keep it clean. They have nice flat screen TV's, which was a surprise. The sink has zero counter space. We barely had room to keep our toothbrushes and a bar of soap. The rest had to stay on the dresser. And with already barely any space.... the hotel decided the sink was the best place for the ice bucket and coffee pot. Not the best plan. If I had been there more than one night, I would have put those on the floor under the sink, or relocated it to the spacious desk.
The bedspread is the kind that you can't tell if it has been cleaned this year or not, so we threw that on the floor, there was also a questionable and old blanket under that. The pillows were all very lumpy and uncomfortable.
The breakfast was not bad. Waffles, cereal, bagels, english muffins, hard boiled eggs, bacon, and powdered scrambled eggs.
Overall it was fine for a night before a flight, but not much more.

Room Tip: If you are not handicapped, make sure they don't give you a handicapped accessible room. I don...